One minute looking back yesterday

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

One minute looking back yesterday

Post by Arale »

Have you ever spent, just one minute, looking back yesterday? What do you see? Do you realise that you of today are much more mature than you of yesterday? Do you realise that your tears of today are so different from yours of yesterday? Do you realise that you made a mistake that you haven't corrected yet? Do you realise that you made a friend sad and forgot to say sorry as you're too busy today? Do you realise that you have missed many things of yesterday?
Sometimes, we need to forget yesterday to live for today but we also need to spend, just one minute, looking back ourselves of yesterday, to see how much life changes and how much we change! :wink:

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
Dufresne

Post by Dufresne »

I could realize I’m surely more mature than yesterday, but it’s not my hope. I could realize my tears of today are surely different from mine of yesterday, but they are equally briny. I could realize I surely made a mistake that I haven’t corrected yet, but it’s my will as there’re new more mistakes made. I surely felicitate I didn’t make my real friend sad because I regard him as the most busy business. I could realize I have missed many things of yesterday, but I also realize I must value many things of today.

Sometimes we need to look back yesterday to comfort today, but yesterday is just yesterday not today.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I just hope I'm more mature than yesterday to not do some childish actions. My tears of today are brinier than mine of yesterday because today I see more people died. I have to correct some small mistakes of yesterday or I won't never can correct many big mistakes of today and tomorrow. Great if I know how to value things of today because tomorrow I will look back today and say 'I didn't miss so many things of yesterday'.

Yesterday is not today but without yesterday we will never have today and tomorrow! :wink:

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Dufresne

Post by Dufresne »

I don’t hope I’m more mature than yesterday right as I did so many reasonable actions that I lose naivety. I also hope my tears of today are brinier than mine of yesterday, but I will also die likewise someday. I really hope I could correct mistakes of yesterday, but I have no way to get into yesterday again. I surely hope tomorrow I could look back today and say ‘I didn’t miss so many things of yesterday’, but I’m not sure weather I still have tomorrow thus I can but value today.

It’s surely right without yesterday we will nerve have today and tomorrow, but sometimes I lose today and tomorrow right due to yesterday.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Either you want or not, today you still have to be more mature than yesterday, like tomorrow you will be more mature than today. It's just simply the rule of life. Death will come, surely, to every person, but that how long we live is really not much important, that how we live is more significant. Yesterday is like a mirror. You can't touch yesterday like you never can touch your shadow in the mirror, but you can see your reflextion from it, just like you can see yourself of yesterday. :wink:

_Arale_
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

If we could find a way to let the organism developing back, that means, grow junger, then this absoluteness will vanish away a little, I guess.
Dufresne

Post by Dufresne »

I’m sure that I’m older in today than yesterday. It’s the rule of life. But I’m not sure weather I’m more mature in today than yesterday, before you tell me what’s called or defined or thought mature. Please tell me! It’s right that how we live is more important than how long we live, so I should more catch today.

‘Yesterday is like a mirror.’ Your this comparison is very good. But as for a mirror, I can touch it.
‘You can't touch yesterday like you never can touch your shadow in the mirror.’ Your this comparison is very good too. It’s true that I can’t surely touch my shadow in the mirror and yesterday.
Ok, now please tell me what the hell do you think yesterday is like a mirror or a shadow in a mirror?

‘You can see your reflextion from it, just like you can see yourself of yesterday. ’ you’re right that I surely can see my reflextion form a mirror, but the reflextion I see is mine of today not mine of yesterday. And I can’t also see myself of yesterday. If you can see yourself of yesterday, please tell me how you got it. thanks.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Dufresne wrote:I’m sure that I’m older in today than yesterday. It’s the rule of life. But I’m not sure weather I’m more mature in today than yesterday, before you tell me what’s called or defined or thought mature. Please tell me!
Tomorrow you will be certainly more mature than today, like you of today are more mature than yesterday. However, you may be only more mature in age but not in manner. That's my definition of 'mature'.
Dufresne wrote:‘Yesterday is like a mirror.’ Your this comparison is very good. But as for a mirror, I can touch it.
‘You can't touch yesterday like you never can touch your shadow in the mirror.’ Your this comparison is very good too. It’s true that I can’t surely touch my shadow in the mirror and yesterday.
Ok, now please tell me what the hell do you think yesterday is like a mirror or a shadow in a mirror?
Thanks. Just read again what we have written, you yourself can recognise my comparision. Anyway, I don't mean you could touch yesterday like you could touch the mirror. It's your reflexion in the mirror that you never can touch! (Enough to understand my comparision?)
Dufresne wrote:‘You can see your reflextion from it, just like you can see yourself of yesterday. ’ you’re right that I surely can see my reflextion form a mirror, but the reflextion I see is mine of today not mine of yesterday. And I can’t also see myself of yesterday. If you can see yourself of yesterday, please tell me how you got it. thanks.
You have your way and I have my way. You have your opinions and so do I. I can see myself of yesterday like what I wrote in the first message. Please read it again, I don't write it again here. You may not want to look back your yesterday but not me. Everyday I spend one minute looking back yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow. That's my way!

Thank you for what you have shared here! :wink:

_Arale_