Continue my story as you like.

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Kacika

Continue my story as you like.

Post by Kacika »

This is an open short-story. You can finish it in your own style.

"There was a very talented sculptor, who wished to create the nicest sculpture that has ever existed in the world. He worked hard and he had also the biggest inspiration. One day he felt that his marble was ready, the sculpture can't be more perfect than this. He transported it to the gallery. At night, just before the opening, he slipped in the exhibition hall to have a last look. And not far from his work he noticed another sculpture, which he liked very much. Yes, it was even a little better than his.

He ran home, took a chisel and a hammer and hurried back to the gallery..."
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

He worked into the wee hours...adding a flare here, a touch there, and finally the sculpture was nearer to perfection than he ever imagined. He put down his chisels and rested. The tried man longed for the thing to win the competition.
He went home to await the evening and go to the ballroom where the show was to be held.

There at the show there were a great many people milling about. He wondered who of them were to be judges of the works.He hoped and prayed even that he would do well, and possibly, even to win first prize.

Then he saw someone approach him from the side, there was something familiar and enchanting about the girl he turned to.
She was so real. Could it be ? He felt somewhat bashful, he looked at the face, the dress, the hands, and feet...."NO" he gasped...it was her!

She handed him the rose he had carved into her grasp, the very night before, and ...saying "Thank you sir, for the beautiful rose!", she walked off into the dark night from the balcony at his side.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

An image of the spring and flowers embraced his mind when her steps resounded in his ears. Step by step, she brought the smile of flowers to him.
The recalling memories of this girl, her graceful shape captured his mind, like the first time.

He knew, she was not the perfect girl in his mind. He got an impression after all these months he ran after her: Although she was a very beautiful, intelligent girl, independent and successful, her real character is that of a noble tiger, looking for constant admiration.
His eager effort at work didn't allow him to give her that, and he had never known how to react when seeing her deep, alluring eyes, like now.

He always asked himself, should he really fall for a tigress he won't keep for more than half a year? He blinked. Why does he have to think about all these again and again? Didn't she tell that they won't match? Or had it only been one of her "flirting techniques"?

He noticed the sweat in his hand.
"Don't thank me, you have to thank yourself because you gave the roses a chance to lie beside the beauty they have always tried to reach, but never achieve."
Last edited by Admiral on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

She was wearing a red evening dress, which underlined her angelic figure.
She smiled a little when she handed him the rose he gave her the last night.

The smile became dimmer and dimmer. He remembered the beauty of this smile half a year ago. It had been a lot brighter, a lot more asking, for love.
The sister of the lady showed him a photo 7 months before. It pictured the lady kissing her sister, in the red evening dress. He loved the beauty of the lady.

But the lady didn't love anything in him. His second hobby, besides of painting, is boxing. She had seen him fighting a lot with other people, that gave her the bad impression.
However, if anyone could understand, he really wasn't a criminal.
First, boxing had just been one of his hobbies. Since his childhood, he had been interested in the fast moves, the strong bodies.
Second, it had been various "fellows", in his childhood, in the times of university. They bullied him seriously, because he was weak, because he couldn't speak English, so he fought with them. For this, he nearly had been expelled.
If she could understand, she wouldn't hide from him all the time…
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

"Don't go away." He walked behind her and put his hands around her neck.
"I'm nearly finished with my sculpture. Next week I'm going to present it to different galeries, and if they rent my sculpture, I will have big money, then I buy everything you need."

She gently puts his hands away. "I neither need your money, nor I need you saying that I'm good looking." Her voice became more quiet. "Is the feeling I give to you only 'good looking'? I won't refuse the friendship with you only because you don't have that much money now, or that your job is not so reputable. I think we can't mention money if we are speaking about feelings, because your friends told me that you like talking with me,

she blinked

don't you also think?"