i need a poem...

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

gem
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm
Contact:

Postby gem » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi Israeli... i hope this can help..i got this from my daughter's book...she got a sort of poem collection...


WHY SPEAK DEATH

Why speak death whose face
You've never seen nor traced
The black velvet of its mantle
The white glow of its skull?

Why speak of death in terms
Of color as if its germ
Were part of your design
Mere mortal in your prime?

Yet it is a thing
Within the gushing spring
In the flowering of dawn which seems
A door to an unknown dream;

Say it lurks in a rosebud
Still untouched by gust
Rich with myths and fragrance
A token of gesture in silence;

Say it yawns in all
That is lovely like eyeball
Drunk and dazzled by life
Or by weariness of strife:

Death is a just a toothless
Child sucking milk from the breast
Of fancy and desire. It lolls
Secure, nameless until you call.


I hope this can help you...if this doesn't fit enough for your requirement.....just tell me i can send another one...

Have a nice day ! :D

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:53 am

I'll write your name
To all the stars
And I know in you
That there're many aspiration
'Cause you can't see the sun
When you are standing on the ground

But the ray of hopes
Will never dissolve into nothingness
'Cause I'm near you
To bring your blue
Let's believe in miracle
'Cause tomorrow will never wilt
You and me in a dream
Only us.

Have you ever know that
The sky is full of stars
Have you ever sing loudly
many people 'round you
Do they see the love
That it makes you happy.

Do you know on this world
I'm the one still love you
Bring many hopes
With many things to say
But you'd never know me
If you saw the sun.

Want to be near when you smile
Want to see the wind
Glide past your hair
The singing I wrote for you
Hope you will sing it in future.

The sea of love
Still makes you faraway
Many night
Drizzling rain's sound was gently
Hope the sky help me once
Make you know 'bout my love.

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:41 am

denvinbo wrote:I'll write your name
To all the stars
And I know in you
That there're many aspiration
'Cause you can't see the sun
When you are standing on the ground

But the ray of hopes
Will never dissolve into nothingness
'Cause I'm near you
To bring your blue
Let's believe in miracle
'Cause tomorrow will never wilt
You and me in a dream
Only us.

Have you ever know that
The sky is full of stars
Have you ever sing loudly
many people 'round you
Do they see the love
That it makes you happy.

Do you know on this world
I'm the one still love you
Bring many hopes
With many things to say
But you'd never know me
If you saw the sun.

Want to be near when you smile
Want to see the wind
Glide past your hair
The singing I wrote for you
Hope you will sing it in future.

The sea of love
Still makes you faraway
Many night
Drizzling rain's sound was gently
Hope the sky help me once
Make you know 'bout my love.


This is lovely and sweet! Did you make this?

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Yes. you're right. I made that, 'cause I feel sorry for all the handicap people :cry: .I was thinkin' all the morning and write on this page, so that all the people who have the same love as me can read and experience. :cry:
I also have many other poem. If anyone want to read, I will write for you.

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:41 pm

denvinbo wrote:Yes. you're right. I made that, 'cause I feel sorry for all the handicap people :cry: .I was thinkin' all the morning and write on this page, so that all the people who have the same love as me can read and experience. :cry:
I also have many other poem. If anyone want to read, I will write for you.


Please do so. Thank you.

yali
Silver Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Berg

Postby yali » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi Denvinbo
It's really a wonderful and touching poem and I love it. Why not to post more your poems to share with other amateur poets like us or you're a professional poet?? I also like to compose poems but they're often short. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Israeli
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: ISRAEL

Postby Israeli » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:05 am

It's really wonderful poems...but it isn't what i mean...

thanks for trying

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm

ohad wrote:למה בדיוק אתה מתכוון, אחי?אולי אני יכול לעזור?
טוב לראות פה עוד מישהו מישראל!



Is this a poem? You might want to share it...

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks for all the praise :D . I'd like to write the other poem, but I don't have anytime now, so...Could everyone wait for tomorrow :lol: , so that I can write so coherent and interesting :D :lol: :) :P

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:46 pm

ohad wrote:
krisi wrote:
ohad wrote:למה בדיוק אתה מתכוון, אחי?אולי אני יכול לעזור?
טוב לראות פה עוד מישהו מישראל!



Is this a poem? You might want to share it...

Haha...that's not a poem,just a few words in Hebrew.


:?: :roll: :?:

Israeli
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: ISRAEL

Postby Israeli » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

הי!!!
באמת טוב לראות פה עוד מישהו מישראל...(שלא יתעצבנו שאנחנו מדברים בעברית אז רק אני אסביר בקצרה בעברית מה אני צריך...)

אני צריך שיר שיש בו קונפליקט אם להציל אנשים ממוות/ להחביא אותם, אבל בכך לסכן את עצמך(כן, מדובר על חסידי אומות העולם... :D )
ו...רצוי באנגלית
אולי תצליח להסביר להם אתה יותר טוב...

sorry about the hebrew...( maybe he can understand and explain what i look for..)

by the way, from where are you in israel?

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:10 am

Israeli wrote:sorry about the hebrew...( maybe he can understand and explain what i look for..)


I hope you won't be rude next time. Though I'm guilty of this as well... :P Sorry!

Now, this is a song. This is not for you. I think it's for me... :?
I learned about this a few minutes ago! Hope you'll like this. About the tune, I posted it under Music & movies Forum...hope you'll listen to it.

BUTTERFLY

VERSE 1
When you love someone so deeply
They become your life
It's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside
Blindly I imagined I could
Keep you under glass
Now I understand to hold you
I must open up my hands
And watch you rise

CHORUS
Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

BRIDGE
I can't pretend this tears
Are over flowing steadily
I can't prevent this hurt from
Almost overtaking me
But I will stand and say Goodbye
For you'll never be mine
Until you know the way it feels to fly

CHORUS
Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly
So flutter through the sky
Butterfly
Spread your wings and fly
Butterfly
Last edited by Krisi on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:47 am

I'm very sorry I have to replace the previous post.
Anyway, here's another song...
This will help you look on the brighter side of life...

WHEN YOU BELIEVE - Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey (Live)


Lyrics:
Many nights we prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts a hope for a song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountain
Long before we knew we could, whoa, yes
There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to feel
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe
[mmmmmmmmmyeah]
Mmmyeah
In this time of fear
When prayer so often proves in vain
Hope seems like the summer bird
Too swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here
My hearts so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speakin words
I never thought I'd say
There can be miracles
When you believe (when you believe)
Though hope is frail
It's hard to feel (mmm)
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve (you can achieve)
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe
[hey]
[ooh]
They don't always happen when you ask
And it's easy to give in to your fears
But when you're blinded by your pain
Can't see the way, get through the rain
A small but still, resilient voice
Says hope is very near, oh [oh]
There can be miracles (miracles)
When you believe (when you believe yeah) [though hope is frail]
Though hope is frail [it's hard]
It's hard to feel (hard to feel, oh, yeah)
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve (you can achieve, oh)
When you believe somehow you will (somehow, somehow, somehow)
Somehow you will (I know, I know, know)
You will when you believe [when you]
(ohoh)
[you will when you]
(you will when you believe)
[oohoohooh]
[oh...oh]
[when you believe]
[when you believe]


-krisi-
Last edited by Krisi on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 am

There's a love story poem I've just composed. I want to show it to everyone :D :
In the old days
When we're children
We often saw the singing of rain
And when the rain
Became more heavier
There was water balloon
Dissolve into the air
Mother said:
It was rain's balloon.

And mother went away forever
In the evening balloon rain
Mother went...
And take the story with her
'Bout the rain and balloon
The story mother has sung
Was old, and old.

Tn that old days
There was a balloon princess
Innocent as the clouds
Singing with the rain freely
Balloon princess
Love the vacant rain boy
Together without taking offense
Although rain sometimes indifferent
Make balloon princess sad
Many times.

Love and love
That's all
Autumn came
And make non-stopping rain
Balloon near rain
Balloon don't feel freezing

But do you know
Balloon princess
Rain is a false man
'Cause rain only love rain
Only and forever.

Do everyone think this is better than the poem before.
If you think it wonderful, you can pm for me.

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

everyone

Postby denvinbo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 am

Oh, It's seem to be that nobody online today :cry: .If there's anyone online, read my poem, and experience. :D :)

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 pm

Butterfly-Mariah Carey
Please click :arrow: PLAY THE SONG

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: everyone

Postby Krisi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 pm

denvinbo wrote:Oh, It seems that nobody's online today :cry: .If there's anyone online, read my poem, and experience. :D :)


To: denvinbo, I have read your poem don't feel sad. I liked it. A cute poem indeed only it puzzled me a little... (what's the balloon got to do with the rain? Do you mean the raindrops?):P
I know it's a heartbreaking poem, denvinbo...

And...

denvinbo wrote:If you think it's wonderful, you can pm me.

why? :? :roll: :)

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:27 am

Hi krisi and everyone, I'd like to have all yours ID yahoo messenger, do you have one? That's all the meaning of the phrase"pm for me" :D :) :lol:

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:40 am

Although I didn't compose this poem, I think it's wonderful:

TREE AT MY WINDOW

Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on,
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.

Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.

But tree, I have you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.

That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.
:D :) :lol: :twisted:

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Postby Krisi » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:13 am

denvinbo wrote:Although I didn't compose this poem, I think it's wonderful:

TREE AT MY WINDOW

Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on,
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.

Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.

But tree, I have you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.

That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.
:D :) :lol: :twisted:


I'm very sorry, I can't understand what this poem wanted to imply. I find no meaning to this and very inconsistent (no specific flow!). We've got different minds shall I say. :oops:

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby denvinbo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:17 am

krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:Although I didn't compose this poem, I think it's wonderful:

TREE AT MY WINDOW

Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on,
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.

Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.

But tree, I have you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.

That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.
:D :) :lol: :twisted:


I'm very sorry, I can't understand what this poem wanted to imply. I find no meaning to this and very inconsistent (no specific flow!). We've got different minds shall I say. :oops:



Do you know Krisi, this poem is meanin' that they love is bright and sweet, like the tree's green :D . They love is strong, like the Tree lives forever. They love each other, like the tree and the sunshine.
So do you know the meaning now, Krisi?

By the time, I'm composing another poem, and I'll write down when I finished. :D :shock: :) :roll:


Return to “Creative Writing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests