PIETY

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: PIETY

Post by denvinbo »

(...) Sometimes, I couldn't keep my angry, said dirty things, even hit Bobby's hands with ruler. Bobby just opened his eyes and look at me, then continued on the piano's keys. When Bobby left, I felt tired...
_Time passed, in contract with my thinking, Bobby still went to learn. When I shouted him, he whispered: "Mom can hear I played one day". Through experiences, I was sure that Bobby couldn't be a pianist. I blamed his mother in secret - Why did she force her son to learn piano?
_The course performance, my students walked to the stage by turns, but I couldn't find Bobby's sign. I was feeling a little happy, Bobby appeared on the stage with a sadly face, red and swell considerably eyes, ruffled hair, loosely clothes. I couldn't understand why there was a mother could leave her son when he was on the stage like that! But too late, I ignored Bobby and hoped it pass quickly...
_But what a strange! The first rhythm vibrated attracted my soul. Bobby played a sadly song he chose which I'd never taught for him. It requested higher capacity to what Bobby had learned. Although it was a child's rhythm, it had soul, plaintive, impetuous. When the last rhythm stopped, all the hall stood up and clapped their hands loudly. Bobby stood up slowly and walked to the microphone:
- Do you like this song, mom? - Bobby asked.
_Everyone looked around to find who was Bobby's mom. Scared of Bobby would make something wrong, behind the side flap, I rushed out and pulled Bobby's hand. A man - I knew he a society protector looked after Bobby after than - approached me and whisper:
- Bobby's mom is deaf. All her life, she only want to hear her son play piano. She just "go to Heaven" this morning because cancer and has no time to come to see Bobby perform.

Denvinbo! :wink:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Then what's next?
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Making Wish

- This is for you, dad! - Mathew Ryan Emrich shouted, raised his hand to the sky. He was nearly 9 years old and being a member of "Small League" team and had just made the first goal.
_Mr.Mark - Mathew's father - always wanted to be a professional baseball player. He tried too much but never made it come true - Grandfather Chet's wish had been passed to dad.
_Mark still played for the local team and directed for the children in the area. On 30.7.1985, when Mathew was born, Mark promised to himself that he would passed to Mathew his love of baseball. When Mathew was 4 years old, he hit the ball flew to the neighbor's roof.
_Mathew's number was 7, the same as his father. He was very excited to be taken care by his father and continued family's tradition. Both of son and father liked the movie named: "Field of wishes" - that movie not only said about baseball, but also about father, son and hopes.
_But how sad, although believing and trying to against, Mark still couldn't win the cancer. He died when 30. The Sunday Mark died, he went to the hospital "just for checking health". All of the doctors promised that they would let him go to watch his son's first baseball match on the next Monday.
_Family and friend knew that Mathew would play on the next day, that was the thing his father always wished. But Mathew didn't know the thing he had promised to his mother - Mrs.Sherry - that when he hit successfully the first shot, he would give it to dad, was listened by a higher person from the highest position.
_A person inferred: "Mathew's wonderful hit can make his father excited and fall out of the cloud - where he is sitting to watch."

Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Is this the end Denvinbo?
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

My signature is the end of the story! :wink:
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

When mom think that I didn't see...

_When mom think that I didn't see you hang my first picture on the fridge, I felt like to draw another one.
_When mom think that I didn't see you feed the fallow cat, I understood that loving animals was a good thing.
_When mom think that I didn't see you make my favorite cake, I understood that all normal things became magic.
_When mom think that I didn't see the kiss you gave before sleeping, my boat skied gently on the see of dream, lovely wind.
_When mom think that I didn't see your tears, I understood that life could bring many sad things but tears would take away sad.
_Sometimes you think that I didn't see but actually, I saw very much... And I wanted to thank you for all of the things you did when you think that I didn't see, mom...

Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

denvinbo wrote:My signature is the end of the story! :wink:
OK. :)
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

I will make a rainbow for you, mom!

_Look back, I usually thought, the doctors had had to write a "dead permission" for me when my son died on that day, a part of my body also died.
_My Andy was 12 years old. During 3 years, he had to against the cancer. He passed valence and many other methods. Sometimes, his situation increased then decreased, decreased then increased. I surprised of his strength. Andy flared up when the ill nearly took his soul away. May be his courage and strength persuaded me about his future or may be I was afraid of facing Andy's dead. But in fact, I always believed that Andy would be fine. He was a boy could collapse any sad things.
_3 summers passed, Andy and the cancer, were still together to have a picnic with Andy's friends. He liked very much. A week, he could forget the ill and hospital, being a child again. After the third picnic, I took him to the hospital to check health. The information was not good... Doctor made a schedule for the bone marrow_implanting course on the next 2 days at a hospital far away from my house 300 miles. We promptly threw a few things into the suitcase and went...

To be continued... :wink:
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

A sad story...Do you think so?.... :roll:
LegodeFein

Post by LegodeFein »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Denvinbo,have you ever tried to illustrate your stories?
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

LegodeFein wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:
Denvinbo,have you ever tried to illustrate your stories?
Sometimes... :)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

_One of the things I threw into my suitcase is the present Andy brought from the picnic - the plastic sunlight_catching thing had rainbow form with a glued space to stick on the window. Like other mother, It's my property and I didn't want to leave it.
_We went to the hospital and began a difficult "test", the doctor said that was the last hope for Andy. We lived there for 7 weeks. It turned out the last 7 weeks for Andy. We never talked to each other about dead - except 1 time. At that time, Andy was very tired and knew that he had no strength to be against for more. He tried to make me understand. He asked me weakly:
- Is it hurt when we die, mom?
_I was stupefied but I answered honestly:
- I don't know. And I don't want to talk about that because you wont die, Andy!
_He took my hand and said:
- Not yet, but I'm feeling more tired.
_I knew what he was gonna to say but I ignored and prevented all that terrible things from going in my mind.
_I always sat for a long time to see Andy sleep. Sometimes I went downtown to buy some cards and letters. I had not too much money and nearly broke. The nurse knew my situation, so they ignored when I slept in Andy's room and ate the remaining food on Andy's tray. But I always managed to collect papers and cards because Andy like receiving letters.
_The bone marrow_implanting course was a terrible "test". Andy couldn't meet anyone because his immunology capacity was too weak. I could see that Andy was lonely than he ever be...

To be continued......... :wink:
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

_Decided to make something for Andy, I began to meet the strangers in the waiting room and asked them:
- Could you please send my son a letter?
_I explained my situation and gave them a card or paper. In surprised, they did my request and no refuse. They looked at me and saw a mother in hurt.
_The thing made me surprise is the kind of those people, although they all had they own problems, they spent a little time to write a letter for Andy.
_Some people only wrote their signature with a soon recover hope. Some people even wrote a letter: "Hello! I'm from Idaho, come here to visit my maternal grandmother in this hospital..." and they wrote fully the page with their story, sometimes invited Andy to visit when he got better. A woman pulled me back and asked:
- 2 weeks ago, you asked me to write a letter for your son. Can I write another one?
_I sent all those letters to Andy and happy to see him when he read them. Andy had a "high tower" of letters...
_One day, I went downtown to buy some cards and saw a rainbow glass was for sale. Remembered the sunlight_catching thing Andy gave me, I thought I had to buy it. It's cost very much money but I took all my money in my purse and hurried to go back to the hospital to show Andy. He lied silently on the bed, he was so weak that he couldn't raise his head on his own. The cushion fell down but a sunlight from a window frame's slit shined slightly slanted to Andy's bed. I putted the glass in Andy's hands and said:
- Andy, make a rainbow for me, please!
_But he couldn't, he tried to raise his arm but that was out of his strength. He looked at me and said:
- Mom, when I feel better, I will made a rainbow that you will never forget...
_That was one of the last things Andy said to me. Some hours later, he was in deep of unconscious. I stayed with him in the recover room, massaged him, talked with him, read the letters for him but he didn't wake up. The only sound I could hear is the health_supplying machine's sound. I saw clearly the death's face but I still believed that in the last second, magic could appear and my son would be alive...

To be continued.... :wink:
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Sorry everyone, It's a little late to have the continuation..... :oops:
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

_5 days later, the doctors said to me that Andy's brain stopped working and it's time to separate him from the machine which kept he from dead.
_I asked them if I could carry him. So they brought a swing to the room and when I sat on the swing, they turned off the machine, carried Andy out of the bed and put him in my arms. When they lifted him up, his leg was stuck and thrust aside a plastic bottle on the table next to the bed.
_I shouted:
- Raise the cushion! I want this room is full of light.
_The nurse hurried to run to the cushion and raise it up.
_When the cushion was raised up, I saw the sunlight_catching thing had rainbow form was sticked on the window - clearly, It was belong to someone in this room before. I stopped breathe because of surprise. And when the light shined all the room, touched the bottle on the bed, everybody were surprised and stopped to see.
_The room was full of colorful lights of thousands rainbows, on the wall, the floor, the ceiling, on the blanket around Andy's body when he lied in my arms. The room was lively with many rainbows...
_No one could say a word. I looked Andy and he had stopped breathe. Andy had gone but in the hurt was coming, I still felt easy. Andy made a rainbow that he had promised me - the rainbow I couldn't forget and would never forget because it was all Andy's love for me - a mother...

Denvinbo! ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Mom's Christmas

_That was the economic crisis time, everything were very difficult. Mom brought us up on her own in a small inhabitants area in New Westminster. Dad died 5 years ago. We had to live with the help money - called society subsidy nowadays. The Relief Group would gave us clothes - although they were old, they were still beautiful in poor kid's eyes.
_Remembered, I knew my mom was very hardship for us to go to school. Each morning, she putted a board paper into our shoes because the shoe's soles wore out. When the children came home, mom had cooked the "French style toasted bread". That was the bread fried with a lot of pig's fat. At that time, changing house rapidly was a normal thing with my family. To rent a house, we had to spend $ 25 a month, but mom couldn't afford that. We knew that we would be expelled after Christmas, the first day of new year. That was our hard and sad time but we had no complaint.
_Christmas was coming, we were given $ 25 from the Society Organization. An inspector came to our house, checked from upstairs to downstairs to make sure that we didn't hide any foods. When he found nothing, he gave a cheque for mom. That was 4 days before Christmas. Mom said that she would spend $ 25 for paying our rent instead of buying food, to make sure that we had a place to live for more. So there would be nothing for Christmas...

To be continued.... ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Hello Denvinbo,

I'm waiting... {-:
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

{-; {-; {-;
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

denvinbo wrote: {-; {-; {-;
Where's the continuation Denvinbo? :-(
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

_Mom didn't know that during that time, I sold the Christmas trees, shoveled snow and did chores things to have enough money to buy a new boots - a boots had no ladle. no board paper in the sole. I knew exactly the kind of boots I need, that was the Pierre Paris, 30 centimeters high, and $23 for a good one.
_The important day came in the evening on Christmas night. I thumped with excitement, hurried to take a bus. Only a few hundred meters walking, but on the street, I saw a house decorated with Christmas lights and many other things. I recognized that my house had no lights, no decorated things, and no money to buy candy and cookies for Christmas. Might be mo turkey or pork for tonight but I believed that we would have the "French style toasted bread".
_Continued walking, I began having a strange feeling of crime. I was going to buy a new boots, while mom was staying at home, bored and worrying many things, mom would explain why we didn't have any present. I was finding the warm for myself when mom had to manage with difficult things. I saw that I was very selfish and in deep, I felt love my mom. When i stopped at the bus station, the bus driver opened the door for me to walk in. It's seem that I stood there until the bus driver spoke loudly:
- Hey, child. Do you want to go?

To be continued.... ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Thanks Denvinbo. What's next? :-) (I'll wait don't worry... :-P)
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

_I revived, answered immediately:
- Thanks, I don't go. I changed my thinking.
_The bus went away, left me alone in dizzy. But I felt lightly, I knew what to do... On the other side, opposite the bus station was a groceries store named Piggly Wiggly. I walked into the store, my heart was full of happy. I recognized that with $23 - it was difficult to have - I could buy many things in that store. I bought a turkey, a little porks, oranges and other foods for Christmas. I spent each pennies in the most meaning way, the store keeper looked at me:
- Child, you can't bring all of this to your house on your own.
_I had 2 men helped me to bring the foods to my house - 1 kilometers distance - and reminded them to keep silent and put the foods in front of the door. Then I thumped with excitement, with tears, I knocked the door. I wanted to see my mom immediately. When the door was opened, and my mom stood there, couldn't say a word. I tried to stop my tears, said:
- Mom, Merry Christmas...
_I explained many things while everyone were bringing the food to the fridge. And that day, I was kissed so much by mom, that I thought it would be enough for the afterlife. Helping mom to make her wish come true was warmer than buying a new boots. Finally, my family had a Christmas season in happy...

Denvinbo! {-;
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

nice ending Denvinbo. But you seemed to be really dizzy... :-P joke!

Thanks Denvinbo.

(Sorry to say this but your location made me laugh denvinbo... can't you believe what you are doing... :lol: )
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Krisi wrote:(Sorry to say this but your location made me laugh denvinbo... can't you believe what you are doing... :lol: )
Ah hah - I forgot to change it....... :lol: :lol:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:!!: Oh my Denvinbo! You look snobbish on your new avatar but I love it...(with one eyebrow raised up, a perfect snob!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

An April morning...

That was April 19th 1995. As usual, I was preparing to go to school, mom Diana was going to work at the Union building in Oklahoma city.

When I said good bye and see her later to go to school, but I totally didn't know that I would never see her again and my life was changed at that time.

About 1:30, when the loud speaker announced class end-time, I thought: "Great! May be mom picks me up." She usually made me surprised and brought me somewhere.

When I stopped at the office. Otherwise my mom, I saw my grandfather and aunt. Both of them were crying, with worry face, hurried to take my hand and go back home. In the living room, my family was crying and watching the news on TV. Glanced my eyes to the TV, I saw the building mom worked for. Most was exploded. The people was rushing out, with a lot of blood... Might be mom couldn't go home... i knelt down and began praying. In my mind, there's only a question: "Why does God treat me like this?"

Everyone stayed and waited for anything... Time passed, nothing happened. Then I saw mom's friends were carried on stretchers... They lied silently. I felt a vindictive hatred for the person caused it...and I cried. I felt powerless, lonely and mislay. Fortunately, there's still someone around me. But all I needed was mom returned home and everything was fully satisfactory... Although it would never come true...

On a Wednesday morning, 2 and half weeks after the bomb attack, aunt and grandmother were crying and that made me awake... They found my mom.

I was so happy that I kept silent. God replied my pray. I asked when mom returned home, and was answered that mom would never returned. Her body was found on 2nd floor.

Mom was "Number One" in my life. And she was "Number One" in my heart. Mom returned home on the bomb attack day, not our house on the ground, that was the heaven. I thought she was waiting to see me again. In waiting time, I would try to live better and mom could proud of me and she knew she was a special person. Ideas and belief helped me to pass each day on remain part of my life. Because I loved my mom. And I wanted she had no worry...

Denvinbo! ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

It's a nice touching story Denvinbo. Thanks.
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

My Father is extremely odd!!!

He called me. He would go to the city and have dinner with me. Great? But it's only for the people has normal parents... as for me, Nope!

I guessed the scenario would be like this: Dad would go from New York to Washington D.C. When other people just went into an airplane, he took a night train from Syracuse to New York at 10 pm, then registered a "sleep space" in a car to wait for the next train left for Washington D.C at 5 am. And you thought that the dinner would be occurred at a midnight Inn, you were wrong! He didn't like anywhere, except the Inn at Penn station. So if I wanted to meet him, I would have to wander to there at midnight, with the narcotic addicted people, and wait for the train coming. We would eat sandwiches with chicken, drink a cup of hot cacao at Roy Rogers Cafe, then he'd say good bye with a kiss and find a deserted car to sleep.

Dad liked train, sitting on the train, taking photos, even listening to the train sound. When I was a kid, I thought that going by train was a normal thing, because there's only rich people had airplane. I also didn't feel odd when I had to visit my grandparents by train. The route was arranged and dad could stop to take photos...

To be continued.... ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Your story sounded real... you're funny.

What's next? :-D
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

When I was in secondary school, I knew dad was extremely odd. In grade 8th, I'm the only one never got into an airplane. And everything became worse when I knew the other's parents, no one called their picture album: "Steam sound", took photos with the steam train had a lot of smoke. And no one was teased by the neighbor because of remembering train run-time, East and North route. Ignoring them, dad still like entertaining by imitating train sound, that made the dog yelled all day.

In grade 9th, the "hottest" girl in my class was Krista Marshall chose me to be her best friend, but dad nearly ruined my life. One day, I invited Krista to have holiday with my family. Because of excitement, I forgot the meaning of dad "holiday" was different from the others. Other people liked Disneyland, went to a beach or relaxed at a hotel but dad liked camping in a forest in Adirondacks.

Because we weren't lucky on the first night, it rained. But it would have been small thing if dad hadn't liked fixing things by himself and hadn't binded the old tents together, so we weren't leaked. After 4 days got up with wet clothes, walked total 10 miles and eaten stewed beef... finally we could go home by car.

Poor Krista - her body was stung by insects - she was very frightened when dad parked the car aside the road and disappeared into the forest....

To be continued...... ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

- Why do we stop? - She said with fear and afraid that we was going to have another camp.
Mom smiled like everything and everyone was normal:
- Frank goes to take some photos.

Krista was terrified when dad hanged himself on the tree 7 meters distance from the ground to take the best photos. The train was late and we had to wait on the car for 45 minutes. Krista tried not to cry, and I felt wretched, I asked myself how could the person had no malice like dad ruin his children's lucky time?

But I had to admit that dad didn't ruin my life. It turned out that Krista's parents weren't normal, too. They had a big paper hanged over the hold on the wall with the words: "What do you want to see here?". Krista always tried to unravel the paper before her friends came over but the paper always re-appeared with glorious winning. With that similar points, the friendship between Krista and me was warmer.

And I should admit that I wasn't ashamed because of odd behavior, I always loved and admired dad's freely spirit. Actually, he didn't care about what other people thought. In the girls group, no one had father dared to "lift" a trip to go around Latin America to take photos of train when he was a student in university. No one had a father spent time to call upon environment protectors by going by train. Dad was an independent thinking person. It was wonderful because I liked it, too. I didn't care if my socks was suitable, or they laughed me, as long as I believed life would be fair. Might be I inherited from dad, might be I was dad's copy... Surely, I always prided of that things. Right, having a liberal father was more interesting than having a father always tried to build his fake skin. That's the reason I loved my dad very much - The fantastic thing that none of my friends had...

Denvinbo! ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Nice Denvinbo!!! :-) I like this very, very much... Thank you. :-)
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

PIETY will be revived someday.... :-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Never forget!

Mom liked strawberry malt. At the end of life, dad and mom lived in an old-age centre. Because of mom's Alzheimer, dad was exhausted and could not take care of her anymore. But both of them loved each other, hand in hand, the couple walked around the corridor, visited friends, transfer love. They are the romantic people of the old-age centre.

When recognizing that mom's situation became worse, I wrote a letter and said that I love her. I asked her if she could forgive the things I had done, that she was a great person. And the most, I'm proud of being her son. I said all the things from my deeply heart, that I always loved her but I was stubborn and didn't say that words until now. A letter contained true love. Dad said that mom spent time to read it times to times.

I was very sad when I knew that she could not recognize me. She usually asked: "Ah hey, what's your name boy?" and I replied happily that I was Larry and I was her son. She smiled and took my hand. I wish that I could be at that time again.

(Be continue....)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Once I visited her, I stopped at the malt shop near my house to buy for them some strawberry malt. I visited mom first, introduced myself another time, talked a few minutes and then brought the remain strawberry malt to dad's room.

When I came back, mom nearly finished eating, she lied on the bed but she still awake. Both of us smiled when I walked into the room. Without saying a word, I dragged the chair next to the bed and took my mom's hand. I quietly asserted my love to her. In the silent room, I felt the magic of unconditional love of me and her, although she could not aware who was taking her hand. Or she was taking my hand?

10 minutes later, I felt that mom fastened gently my hand... 3 times. Quickly and immediately, I knew that she was saying something that no need to listen.

The magic of unconditional love was brought up by holy power and our inmagination. I could not believe it!

(Be continue.....)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Although she could not express her silent thinking like before, words were not needed. I felt that mom came back in a moment.

Long time ago, when they were finding each other, mom found a very special way to say to dad: "I love you!" when they were sitting at the church. Dad took her hand gently and said: "Me too".

I fastened her hand 3 times. She turned round and gave me a smile that I never forgot - the smile would be with me through my lifetime. Her face was bright with love.

I still remembered how she expressed her unconditional love to dad, to family, to friends. Her love still effect deeply in my life...

8 to 10 minutes passed, no one said a word. Suddenly, mom looked at me and said:
- The important thing is there's someone love us!

I cried. The tears of happy. I hugged her, gently and warmly, said to her how I loved, missed her and turned round to wipe the tears.

Mom died for some day later.

I always remembered the things she said with me before she died. It was short, but it was the most meaning and sacred time that I never forgot through my lifetime.....

Denvinbo! :-D
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

touching story, denvinbo.

Thanks. :-)
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

The broken-bread box

In former time, I was a starting criminal-warden women. The criminal women I sponsored had different age; job, trait and trespassing case were different too. But the hurt of being away from their children was the general reason could make those sometimes cruel women sit together. After meeting family or receiveing a letter, they shared each other about their children, sometimes laughing and sometimes crying...

Renee was one of the criminal women. Having baby when 20 years old, involved by her lover and became a heroin container, then sentenced 7 years in prison, left her 4 years old son for her parents. They said to the boy that his mom was studying far away. Sometimes, Renee met her son, she promise him she would come back home wih him.

One day, in duty-time, I saw Renee sobbing. Renee just met her son, the boy pinched Renee come back with him soon.
- Mom, take me to the Swan lake, I have saved a lot of broken-bread! - The boy showed off innocently...

(Be continue....)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Renee's mother said: Everyday he collected all the broken-bread remained on the table to a box.

- When you come back, I will bring this to the Swan lake! I wait for you, mom! - explained the boy.....

Grandmother said he always kept the box with him. When sleeping, he carefully putted the box at the headboard. When it was sunny, he brought the bread to dry in the sun. The broken-bread box became the symbol of mom's returning day.

Listening to the story, I could not keep my tears. I was very surprised when I heard that Renee intended to spend $25 to buy a drug. Some criminal tried to deliver each other that kind of drug, dissolved with water and lanced to blood vessel. Being verified, Renee said she was very tired and nervous... but I know that was not the real reason.

I felt angry, I cried for Renee and her son, but she.... Could not be patient, I catched her hair and shouted:
- You're old. You can decide anything you want, but with that money you can buy a lot of bread for your son!

Renee stared at me in a moment. I became nervous, regreted what I had done, it was out of my power.

After a week hiding and being anxious, finally she came and said to me:
- You're right, Lucy! I can buy a lot of bread for my son.

In another years in prison, I knew that Renee saved her money in a saving account and never touched it. After setted free because of good conduct, Renee came home and went to the Swan lake with her son. Her life was a bit difficult, but she never touched heroin again. She wrote a letter for me contained a picture of her and her son at the Swan lake. Yes, she won, the love her son gave her was the most powerful love with her........

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

20 dollar

Diana's house had everything, but she still felt sad. In the evening, rarely Diana's family ate dinner together. Her father always worked. Mother said her father had to work to earn money for her future, but she wanted father to carry her his back and go the Disney park, wanted to river-bathing. Diana only had Shadow - her lovely dog - to make friend with her. She thought and thought, then she decided to do something...

- Dad, how much money can you make in an hour? - Diana whispered to her father's ear when he just came home after work.

Her father knitted his eyebrow and surprised. Even his wife never asked him that thing. But his daughter's pure eyes and sweet voice, he was solfer:
- Let see, daughter. Don't bother me. I'm tired!

- But you can say. How much money can you make in an hour? - Diana entreated.

Then he have to lose, he said:
- 20 dollar an hour.

- So lending me 10 dollar, dad! - Diana cheered.

Her father asked:
- What do you want to do with money? I have never let you in poor.

Then, in tired and angry, he commanded:
- Go to bed. Don't bother me anymore!

Diana went to bed. At midnight, her father suddenly woke up. Remembering the thing happened in the evening with his daughter, he felt regret. Might be Diana wanted to buy something important but she didn't tell him. He walked in tiptoe into Diana's room.

- You still awake? - Her father asked.

- Yes, dad. What's up, dad? - Diana was sleepy but she suddenly woke up.

- I bring you 10 dollar you asked in the evening! - Her father answered.

- Thanks dad! - Diana cheered in happy.

She picked up a packet of pennies under her pillow. During 2 weeks, she skipped breakfast to save that money. Before, she went to some shop to ask for a work, but they said she was still too young. She intended to teach Shadow to be a humorist and then perform on the street to earn some money.

- Now, I have enough money! 20 dollar! - Diana hugged her father's neck - Dad, I have 20 dollar to buy an hour of your working-time. Tomorrow you can spend 1 hour and go to the zoo with me, dad!

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Dad, you're a magician!

My sister, Lois was born in January, she was too young, so she didn't remember the first Winters in Chicago. When she was three, - you know, in that age you thought that your parents knew and did everything - when she'd just woken up, she saw a white blanket coverred everything. She got out of the bed, ran to the kitchen - where everyone was having breakfast - then opened her eyes widely because of excitement, she asked dad:
- Dad, how can you do it?

Denvinbo! ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Life cycle

That year in the state of New South Wales, the cold weather came very soon. New school-year was coming but I didn't have any sweeter, so I went shopping with my mother at Venture supermarket on Sunday - the biggest supermarket in the city. Just getting out of the car, she took my hand and dragged me after her, in order that I wouldn't get lost in the crowd, I was seven years old, I didn't want to be guided. I hung on to my mother like as a tail.

When getting in the supermarket, I was dizzy with its large framework. In my mother purse there was a long list of needed things. She walked as running when I wanted to gaze everywhere. She always had to protect me in order that I wouldn't be crashed. At the winter clothes area, while I lifted up and down the long sleeve sweeter, the fur boots, the fur hat, gloves... tried them on and looked my self in the mirror, she was anxious at the parent's seat. Seven years old, I had my own favorites. But it seemed that she noticed the price more than their appearance. She usually turned back what I chose, no matter how my face was. Our shopping journey was stucked by my groans:
- Mom, I'm tired. Let's take a rest.
We went to the canteen and had two cups of hot chocolate. She quickly drank up her chocolate and waited impatiently for me when I slowly sipped in mouthfuls. I wished there was a flying carpet to get home quickly, no need to go to the car park...
- Come on, try some more. - She said with entreatment.
I rememberred my mother's sign with many bags on the shoulder, in her hand, walked dilapidatedly in snow to the car park, with her other hand, she held my hand tightly...

40 years after, in winter, at the Venture supermarket, just getting out of the car, I hurriedly took my mother hand in order that she wouldn't be out of my sight and get lost in the crowd. I was very hurry, but I couldn't walk faster because my mother was old. I had to protect her in order that the customers wouldn't crash into her.
Then I had to wait for her at the seatwhile she was trying on winter clothes. And this time was the same, our liking was still different. She looked for cheap things and turned back what I chose for her, no matter how my face was...
In the middle of the shopping journey, I pretended to be tired:
- Mom, I'm tired. Let's find somewhere to rest.
We went to the canteen and had two cups of hot chocolate. I drank up my chocolate, looked at the window and waited for her sipping slowly. I wonderred if she was thinking about a flying carpet...
Snow fell scatteredly, I took her hand, walked to the car park unhurriedly....

Denvinbo! ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

I'm home

Many people said that when we grew up, we would love our childhood. As for me, when I was young, I knew I was having a wonderful childhood and happy memories would always be with me.

I grew up in a dense family at a village farm. That place has much love, much space and many works to do. From gardening to cutting grass, from cleaning the stable to doing housework... My vocabulary didn't have the word "boring" - I liked all, but nothing is job. The pressure from the same age friends didn't exist, because the only "mass" I knew was the "cattle mass"...
My family was always close to each other and because of living isolated at the countryside so at night, we stayed at home. After dinner, the kids usually grouped to play somethings or tell stories until went to bed. When I was lying on my bed, if there was a cricket's sound, I would snore immediately. That's life and I knew I was lucky to have it...

When I was 12, a tragedy happened and changed my life forever. My father had a heart attack and had to bring a artificial heart which larger 3 times than a normal heart. The doctor diaqnosed that it was a hereditary diseased, he also adviced my father to change the way of living, no horse training, no straining-machine driving, and no farm living... So we had to sell our house and moved to the West, leaving the family, friends and happy life I'd ever known...

The hot and dry atmosphere in Arizona cured my father's disease and I was trying to fall in line with new school, new friends and new life style... But I didn't know that my life would be changed another time and this time was the most important turning-point...

A showman from Los Angeles came to meet me and asked if I wanted to be an actress. I didn't have this idea but he expessed first, so I had to think. After considering, we decided to go to Los Angeles to try. I totally didn't know what I was throwing myself in...

Thanks god that I had my mother with me from the beginning. We together walked into the new adventure. When everything became good, I grew up too. The Beverly Hills play, 90210 was successful at the right time my mother decided to go back to Arizona. The rustic girl in me was disappearing and replacing with a new city girl.

I actually liked my job and got more success than I expected. However... I felt that I was lack of something. A dark space was eating my happiness.

I tried to imagine what it was. I tried to work more, than less. I made new friends and forgot old friends. But all that things could not fill my space. I knew I could not find the answer at clubs, parties and flights through the nation. I tried to remember when I felt most happy, most meaning life. Finally, I got the answer and once again, my life would change...
I called my parents and said:
- I love both of you. I need you. I will buy a house here and I want to can live with me in California...

Then we bought a farm outside the city - where there were animals running and a garden with green vegetables were waiting to be harvested. That must be a house where all my relatives could come, meet together in holiday, a peaceful place outside the busy world... In concluded, that would be the place I never forgot... A perfect farm, hided in a valley with warm sunlight. My dream came true. The dark space eated my happiness was disappearing. A stable and peaceful feeling came back to me. I was home, my parents was with me and I made sure I would not sacrifice that happiness...

Denvinbo! ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

A new story is coming........... :mrgreen:
Tim Cahill

Post by Tim Cahill »

Yes, I understand your situation. My son had the same thing. We could not teach him elementary mathematics in any way and were very afraid to send him to elementary school. Then, after searching the Internet for help, we came across an interesting site and it really turned out to be not useless. Thanks to their excellent methodology, our son began to make positive changes in his studies, just look at what they took as the basis of training -

https://wunderkiddy.com/worksheet/christmas-ornaments

and yes, the usual coloring pages were taken as a basis, but it turned out that they are very effective.
Tim Cahill

Post by Tim Cahill »

I was in a similar situation with my child. After searching for some programs that will help me with my child's education, I somehow came across wunderkiddy.

https://wunderkiddy.com/template/christ ... -templates

These programs used a new teaching methodology, which, to my surprise, helped me a lot with my child's education.