PIETY

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: PIETY

Post by denvinbo »

I'm home

Many people said that when we grew up, we would love our childhood. As for me, when I was young, I knew I was having a wonderful childhood and happy memories would always be with me.

I grew up in a dense family at a village farm. That place has much love, much space and many works to do. From gardening to cutting grass, from cleaning the stable to doing housework... My vocabulary didn't have the word "boring" - I liked all, but nothing is job. The pressure from the same age friends didn't exist, because the only "mass" I knew was the "cattle mass"...
My family was always close to each other and because of living isolated at the countryside so at night, we stayed at home. After dinner, the kids usually grouped to play somethings or tell stories until went to bed. When I was lying on my bed, if there was a cricket's sound, I would snore immediately. That's life and I knew I was lucky to have it...

When I was 12, a tragedy happened and changed my life forever. My father had a heart attack and had to bring a artificial heart which larger 3 times than a normal heart. The doctor diaqnosed that it was a hereditary diseased, he also adviced my father to change the way of living, no horse training, no straining-machine driving, and no farm living... So we had to sell our house and moved to the West, leaving the family, friends and happy life I'd ever known...

The hot and dry atmosphere in Arizona cured my father's disease and I was trying to fall in line with new school, new friends and new life style... But I didn't know that my life would be changed another time and this time was the most important turning-point...

A showman from Los Angeles came to meet me and asked if I wanted to be an actress. I didn't have this idea but he expessed first, so I had to think. After considering, we decided to go to Los Angeles to try. I totally didn't know what I was throwing myself in...

Thanks god that I had my mother with me from the beginning. We together walked into the new adventure. When everything became good, I grew up too. The Beverly Hills play, 90210 was successful at the right time my mother decided to go back to Arizona. The rustic girl in me was disappearing and replacing with a new city girl.

I actually liked my job and got more success than I expected. However... I felt that I was lack of something. A dark space was eating my happiness.

I tried to imagine what it was. I tried to work more, than less. I made new friends and forgot old friends. But all that things could not fill my space. I knew I could not find the answer at clubs, parties and flights through the nation. I tried to remember when I felt most happy, most meaning life. Finally, I got the answer and once again, my life would change...
I called my parents and said:
- I love both of you. I need you. I will buy a house here and I want to can live with me in California...

Then we bought a farm outside the city - where there were animals running and a garden with green vegetables were waiting to be harvested. That must be a house where all my relatives could come, meet together in holiday, a peaceful place outside the busy world... In concluded, that would be the place I never forgot... A perfect farm, hided in a valley with warm sunlight. My dream came true. The dark space eated my happiness was disappearing. A stable and peaceful feeling came back to me. I was home, my parents was with me and I made sure I would not sacrifice that happiness...

Denvinbo! ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

A new story is coming........... :mrgreen:
Tim Cahill

Post by Tim Cahill »

Yes, I understand your situation. My son had the same thing. We could not teach him elementary mathematics in any way and were very afraid to send him to elementary school. Then, after searching the Internet for help, we came across an interesting site and it really turned out to be not useless. Thanks to their excellent methodology, our son began to make positive changes in his studies, just look at what they took as the basis of training -

https://wunderkiddy.com/worksheet/christmas-ornaments

and yes, the usual coloring pages were taken as a basis, but it turned out that they are very effective.
Tim Cahill

Post by Tim Cahill »

I was in a similar situation with my child. After searching for some programs that will help me with my child's education, I somehow came across wunderkiddy.

https://wunderkiddy.com/template/christ ... -templates

These programs used a new teaching methodology, which, to my surprise, helped me a lot with my child's education.