Grammar

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Goldenboy

Grammar

Post by Goldenboy »

Could you advise if there are grammatical errors on the following sentences?

I have spoken to him about the meeting. He said he would not be able to attend the seminar because he has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.

You are lucky I am here otherwise you will be standing on the cold.

You are lucky I am here otherwise you would be standing on the cold.

She told me she would not be able to attend the seminar because she is not feeling.

She called to say she would not be able attend the seminar because is not feeling well.

She said she would not be able to attend the seminar because she was not feeling well.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Grammar

Post by Joe »

I have spoken to him about the meeting. He said he would not be able to attend the seminar because he has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. :ok:

You are lucky I am here otherwise you will be standing on the cold. :nok:

You are lucky I am here otherwise you would be standing on the cold. :ok: (IN the cold)

She told me she would not be able to attend the seminar because she is not feeling. :nok:

She called to say she would not be able attend the seminar because is not feeling well. :nok:

She said she would not be able to attend the seminar because she was not feeling well. :ok: (or IS not feeling well - depends on exact timeframe)
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven