Personal Statement "worthy of an encounter" or "worthy of encounter"

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

StudenLawMc

Personal Statement "worthy of an encounter" or "worthy of encounter"

Post by StudenLawMc »

Excerpt from my personal statement for law school. I believe creative writing and informal convention apply. Every resource indicates I should write "worthy of an encounter" versus "worthy of encounter."I feel like "an encounter takes away from the statement. Is the current form acceptable? If so, what is your personal opinion? Please indicate your credentials, if you don't mind.

Also, should it be "seek out in my instructors" or seek "in my instructors"? Thank you guys!

It is my last chance because I do not desire to operate in the upper echelons of academia. I do not have the inspiring instruction I admire and seek in my instructors. I am a bulldog that belongs in the trenches. With a refined instinct, I seek those fights worthy of encounter. With a relentless disposition, the trenches are where I can obtain the justice I have been silently training for.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Personal Statement "worthy of an encounter" or "worthy of encounter"

Post by Joe »

It is my last chance because I do not desire to operate in the upper echelons of academia. I do not have the inspiring instruction I admire and seek in my instructors :ok:. I am a bulldog that belongs in the trenches. With a refined instinct, I seek those fights worthy of encounter :ok:. With a relentless disposition, the trenches are where I can obtain the justice I have been silently training for.
In my opinion you have chosen the most appropriate form in both cases.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
StudenLawMc

Post by StudenLawMc »

Sweet! Appreciate the quick response. I already sent this out and it's been bugging me, so it is a relief!
StudenLawMc

Post by StudenLawMc »

Would be interested in other opinions as well, including personal ones.