Rain

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

mishaikh

Rain

Post by mishaikh »

The First Drop of Rain

After a very hot day when the dark clouds come and overcast the scorching sky the thirsty sands and mud on the hot ground give its smell with the first drop of the rain. It is like the entire surrounding is performing the ritual of ablution. I imagine myself to be on the path where there is no traffic around but the green trees on both sides of the road waving with the wind. At the distance far away, all along the way the trees look as if the Nature in green dress dancing. At such moment I wish to come into the rain and spread my arms in the wind, looking up to the sky and take all the love of Nature into my body. I feel like being in the lap of Mother Nature and it is swinging me and at the same time singing for me the sweet song of love and affection. I wish to forget everything; feel just me and the nature. To love is in the instinct of all beings, just as it is in the instinct of the Nature. Who can stop the first drop of rain to drop down on the earth and the sand on the earth to give out its fragrance combining with the drops of rains because it is in its instinct.

Mishaikh
JoeStone

Re: Rain

Post by JoeStone »

Wow! This is a thought provoking piece.
I like the personification of the ground (giving its smell) in the first sentence and the image of Nature in a, "Green dress dancing".