Please Check my English and Make me correct

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

mohbat

Please Check my English and Make me correct

Post by mohbat »

Hi,

Today is 22 January 2020 get up early in the morning at 6 AM. Got fresh to wear the jacket and jogging shoes to keep the house keys go downstairs third-floor neighbor came out to go together to the park. The routine walk is about 5 rounds a day but today changed into 8 rounds with 3 extra jogging. This is a pleasant time with the sounds of birds, fresh flowers, a cool environment, and an energetic mind to think about many new ideas as well. A lot of thought came in mind that some are vital so that made the habitual routine of a walk. I want to share one thought of today “How to improve my English writing”  however i read many books, watching movies, listening commentary, social communication, office work, etc. after all that why not skills are improved? Which things are making confusion in writing? These questions remain in mind and other thought came in mind to "write to me". when I will be able to write oneself then easily to write to others.  Onward start to write at least one paragraph of daily routine. 
majid

Re: Please Check my English and Make me correct

Post by majid »

Hi mohbat, your essay has a good vocabulary but many grammatical errors. But please don't get dishearted. Begin anew with something simpler. My comments :

Today is 22 January 2020. I got up early in the morning at 6 AM, got fresh to wear the jacket and jogging shoes. I kept the house keys and got downstairs from third floor. My neighbour [''neighbor'' in American English] came out and together we went to the park. The routine walk is about 5 rounds a day but today we changed it into 8 rounds with 3 extra jogging.

What you are trying to write here is something advanced. Please get down to basic, simple things, read simple, basic English books. They'll repair the nuts and bolts of your grammar. Advanced books won't.

Thanks.
alexanderfinn

Post by alexanderfinn »

I agree with Majid, but can I point out one particular error that so many people make? You use 'how to' as if it is a question, but it is not. In native English you only really see it as a title when people are giving instuctions . For example 'How to train your dog' or 'How to find bargains on the internet'. When you are asking a question you would be better saying 'how can I....'
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Today is January 22, 2020. I woke up early in the morning at 6 AM and got ready by putting on a jacket and my jogging shoes. I made sure to take the house keys with me as I headed downstairs. As I reached the third floor, my neighbor came out and we decided to go to the park together.

Our usual routine walk consists of about 5 rounds, but today we decided to change it up and do 8 rounds with 3 additional rounds of jogging. It was a pleasant time, surrounded by the sounds of birds, fresh flowers, and a cool environment. The walk energized my mind, allowing me to think about new ideas. Some thoughts were particularly important, prompting me to make them a part of my daily routine.

One thought that occupied my mind today was how to improve my English writing. Despite reading many books, watching movies, listening to commentaries, engaging in social communication, and doing office work, I still find myself struggling to see improvement. I wonder what is causing this confusion in my writing. These questions linger in my mind, and I had another thought: "Write to myself." I believe that once I am able to write effectively for my own understanding, it will become easier to write for others.

With this in mind, I have decided to start writing at least one paragraph about my daily routine. This will serve as a practice to hone my writing skills.