Identify the word class(noun,verb)

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

ILOVEENGLISH

Identify the word class(noun,verb)

Post by ILOVEENGLISH » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 am

Three Chinese men who stopped and attacked a woman in a bus have been sentence to (i) by a magistrate in the capital, Beijing. The death sentence was imposed after (ii) the three were convicted (iii) of robbery (iv) with violence. A further 25-year (v) sentence for stripping the woman was suspended (vi) due to the death (vii) Penalty. The incidence (viii) was recorded and shared widely (ix) on social media three years ago, sparking nationwide (x) Protests

Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Identify the word class(noun,verb)

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 am

ILOVEENGLISH wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 am
Three Chinese men who stopped and attacked a woman in a bus have been sentence to (i) by a magistrate in the capital, Beijing. The death sentence was imposed after (ii) the three were convicted (iii) of robbery (iv) with violence. A further 25-year (v) sentence for stripping the woman was suspended (vi) due to the death (vii) Penalty. The incidence (viii) was recorded and shared widely (ix) on social media three years ago, sparking nationwide (x) Protests
have been sentence to (i) by a magistrate

There seems to be a word missing. Do you mean...
have been sentenced to death (i) by a magistrate :?:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven