What about 2?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

zzpsx

What about 2?

Post by zzpsx »

A friend wrote me a letter a few weeks ago. His life was full of problems. He felt hopeless at the time. He ended his __1__ with this question:“We can't really change this crazy world we live in, can we?” I replied to him __2__ and started my own letter with these words:“Yes, we most certainly can!”
I can still __3__ someone who changed my world. She was the music teacher at my primary school, the guitarist at our church, and a family friend. She was good at playing the __4__. I __5__ to make her notice me more than anything. However, my singing was quite __6__.
One day, she let me try playing her guitar. I did my best, __7__ could only stumble along(断断续续地弹奏). When I was done, I put my head down. “I guess I am not very good,” I told her. She looked at __8__ with her kind eyes, smiled at me and said, “We are all good at something. You just need to __9__ what you are good at. Then, you can share it with the world.”
Those __10__ words changed me. They planted a seed(种子) in my soul that continues to grow to this day. They made me __11__ that I had something to give others. I had something __12__ inside of me that could change this world for the better. I just had to find it, bring it out and share it. And that is __13__ I have been trying to do all of the years since that day.
Can you change the world? Yes, you can! You can change it __14__ one choice, one person, and one kind act at a time. All you have to do is to __15__ your kindness. So make your love great then!
(  )1. A. paper B. letter C. note D. diary
(  )2. A. carefully B. secretly C. differently D. angrily
(  )3. A. remember B. forget C. believe D. expect
(  )4. A. violin B. piano C. drums D. guitar
(  )5. A. refused B. promised C. wanted D. learned
(  )6. A. awful B. fantastic C. natural D. funny
(  )7. A. and B. because C. but D. though
(  )8. A. her B. you C. him D. me
(  )9. A. give up B. find out C. take away D. depend on
(  )10. A. simple B. weak C. honest D. clear
(  )11. A. notice B. agree C. realize D. forget
(  )12. A. new B. sad C. strange D. good