To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

There are so many mistakes in your posts

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by Awisewizard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:43 am

There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
A wise wizard

sabara
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:27 pm

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by sabara » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:46 am

Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
Awisewizard, is correcto so say "once a time"????
With this sentence I want to say that the situation happened only the first time, and never repeted. If it's not correct, what is the best expression to use in this situation???
sds.
SABARA

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by Dixie » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:21 am

Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
That's a good remark, thank you, Awisewizard. Although I think we already know that ;) Members are already trying to improve.

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by Unknownsu » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:42 pm

Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
I am sure every poster on EC wishes to find a solution to improve their English as they write. Wouldn't you say that is the sole purpose of all English learners?

May I ask, have you found the solution? You are making a very bold statement because your posts are not always exactly grammatically correct.

User avatar
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am

Post by Lalee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 am

Shame on you Awisewizard!!
That was not very kind of you. We are LEARNERS... remember?
We are supposed to help and encourage each other not complain about silly things.
Peace and love, bro! ;)

User avatar
RedRose

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by RedRose » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 am

Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
sigh! I guess you must not know what this forum is for, right? remember: this forum is for people who would improve their english. if our posts are all perfect, how come we need to improve our english skills?

Take me for example, my english is poor, but I would still love to post my posts here. because I know other members whose english is better than me, would help me correct my mistakes in my posts. most of members are very patient and friendly, they encourage others to learn english, instead of mocking at people. I like them.

sabara
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:27 pm

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by sabara » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:03 pm

RedRose wrote:
Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
sigh! I guess you must not know what this forum is for, right? remember: this forum is for people who would improve their english. if our posts are all perfect, how come we need to improve our english skills?

Take me for example, my english is poor, but I would still love to post my posts here. because I know other members whose english is better than me, would help me correct my mistakes in my posts. most of members are very patient and friendly, they encourage others to learn english, instead of mocking at people. I like them.

Awisewizard, if you speak english very good, understand everything when you are listening a music and you can splain everything that you want, when you are talking or writing with somebody, YOU ARE VERY WELCOME HERE, because we are developing our's english skills and we want somebody with your's skill to help us. I'm inviting you to correct-me in any mistake that I seen in my posts. PLEASE!!!!
sds.
SABARA

shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by shokin » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:16 pm

If u sea some mistake, please tell us. :mrgreen:

Excuse me, now I am in Quebec, and with another typeboard qwerty...

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:59 am

See!!! All replies here are much much better (as you were more careful when writing) though you all seemed to be unhappy with me, or more exactly, be angry. Well, I know the truth is not easy to accept. You may think of me as a queer man who disturbed your party, who mocked or poked fun at your mistakes. Never do I, though. By the way, it is your right to do that and I don't care too as I just want your English to be better. You said I just wrote a bald statement as I was afraid of mistakes? Haha, so funny! English is also my second language and I do make mistakes too. I try to avoid them as much as possible, however. You said I didn't know what this forum was for? Haha, funny again. A normal member also knows why should he/she come here. And I think the forum's title says its purpose. Or you have never noticed it?

You all know your English need to be improved but never pay any attention to your mistakes nor wonder it is correct or not? And how ashamed to repeat the mistakes! No one but yourself could help you improve your English. Just hope you do not aggravate your English. If you come here just for fun and raving, I have no idea. Thanks.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Re: There are so many mistakes in your posts

Post by Awisewizard » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:05 am

sabara wrote:
Awisewizard wrote:There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
Awisewizard, is correcto so say "once a time"????
With this sentence I want to say that the situation happened only the first time, and never repeted. If it's not correct, what is the best expression to use in this situation???
sabara, once a time is meaningless. ONCE is enough.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:07 am

shokin wrote:If u sea some mistake, please tell us. :mrgreen:

Excuse me, now I am in Quebec, and with another typeboard qwerty...

Shokin
If you see some mistakeS, please tell us.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

yl88
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:13 am

Post by yl88 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:51 am

well..we have many many humble friends..glad to meet u !!! let's learn english and communicate in english together...
Mod of EnglishTalk.com

Free Online Blog

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:45 pm

Awisewizard wrote:
shokin wrote:If u sea some mistake, please tell us. :mrgreen:

Excuse me, now I am in Quebec, and with another typeboard qwerty...

Shokin
If you see some mistakeS, please tell us.
Cheer!
Why didn't you tell me about my mistakes? I also wanna improve my english skills. would you?

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:05 pm

Awisewizard wrote:See!!! All replies here are much much better (as you were more careful when writing) though you all seemed to be unhappy with me, or more exactly, be angry.
You're not implying that your original post incited the members to write better, are you? I feel you are thinking too highly of yourself.
Awisewizard wrote:You said I didn't know what this forum was for? Haha, funny again.
You are not as dense as I initially thought, afterall! You do know what this forum is about! By the way, Redrose asked a rhetorical question. Only an idiot would become a member of a website without knowing its contents. Her actual question was, why are you mocking the English of the learners of an English learning website?
Awisewizard wrote:English is also my second language and I do make mistakes too.
Well, if you know you make mistakes, you better find the solution fast or your English won't improve!

One last thing, Wisdom is not self-proclaimed, it is earned.

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:09 pm

RedRose wrote: Why didn't you tell me about my mistakes? I also wanna improve my english skills. would you?
So you don't need me anymore? :mrgreen:

Wiseguy, Redrose is being sarcastic. I just wanted you to know that.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:26 am

oh, I really wanna improve my english! that is true! Awisewizard, please help me as Unknownsu has done in the past.
Awisewizard wrote:
No one but yourself could help you improve your English
oh??? then why do we need teachers? u mean, everyone is self-taught? you have no a teacher??? amazing!

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:06 am

Unknownsu wrote: You're not implying that your original post incited the members to write better, are you? I feel you are thinking too highly of yourself.
Well, as said I don't care about what others think about me. What is "thinking too highly of yourself"? It is your right to regard me as an arrogant man. Well, you should know that I myself is the one who undestands me well. You are also clever enough to aware it, aren't you?
Unknownsu wrote: You are not as dense as I initially thought, afterall! You do know what this forum is about! By the way, Redrose asked a rhetorical question. Only an idiot would become a member of a website without knowing its contents. Her actual question was, why are you mocking the English of the learners of an English learning website?
Yes, only an idiot thinks of others as idiots when he still knows nothing about them.
If what I mocked at you helps your English better, I never regret.
Unknownsu wrote: Well, if you know you make mistakes, you better find the solution fast or your English won't improve!
Didn't I tell my solution in my last post? You couldn't understand it well or what I wrote was not clear enough? Otherwise, I know either where my English standard stands or how to improve it. Thanks any way!
Unknownsu wrote:One last thing, Wisdom is not self-proclaimed, it is earned.
If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:13 am

RedRose wrote:oh, I really wanna improve my english! that is true! Awisewizard, please help me as Unknownsu has done in the past.
Awisewizard wrote:
No one but yourself could help you improve your English
oh??? then why do we need teachers? u mean, everyone is self-taught? you have no a teacher??? amazing!
Teachers are just your guiders. They can't follow you all the lifetime. They only teach you basic knowledge.
By the way, you should write:
... as Unknownsu had done in the past.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:13 am

Awisewizard wrote: It is your right to regard me as an arrogant man.
Yes, I think you are an arrogant person, which normally would not bother me. However, I feel you are arrogant in the aspect of English when you have nothing to be arrogant about.
Awisewizard wrote: Yes, only an idiot thinks of others as idiots when he still knows nothing about them.
If what I mocked at you helps your English better, I never regret.
You are refering to me, right? I would not call a person an idiot if I don't know him/her. My comment was a generalization. I did not come to this forum hoping to learn English. I came to hopefully help some of the students. If you are really sincere about helping, do you honestly think your tactic of insulting them will really work?
Awisewizard wrote: Didn't I tell my solution in my last post? You couldn't understand it well or what I wrote was not clear enough?
You voiced the solution in your post? And where was I when I read it? I think I comprehend more of the English language than you since I've put more years into studying it. So please, if you will, can you repeat the solution for me?
Awisewizard wrote: If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Cheer!
Did I say I was wise? I think you are having a hard time understanding what I really want to say.

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:00 am

Unknownsu wrote:Yes, I think you are an arrogant person, which normally would not bother me. However, I feel you are arrogant in the aspect of English when you have nothing to be arrogant about.
Well, poor your rusty feeling. Did you find any word affirmed that my English was very good? I am so happy if I could be that arrogant.
Unknownsu wrote:
You are refering to me, right? I would not call a person an idiot if I don't know him/her. My comment was a generalization. I did not come to this forum hoping to learn English. I came to hopefully help some of the students. If you are really sincere about helping, do you honestly think your tactic of insulting them will really work?
As said, with anyone who comes here just for fun, I have no ideas. You said my manner did not bother you so I respectly hope you don't bother my method too.
Unknownsu wrote:
You voiced the solution in your post? And where was I when I read it? I think I comprehend more of the English language than you since I've put more years into studying it. So please, if you will, can you repeat the solution for me?.
Well, I don't think spending more time on English means your English is better than others'. By the way, you come here not to learn English, so why do you need to read any solution?
Unknownsu wrote: Did I say I was wise? I think you are having a hard time understanding what I really want to say.
So did I mean you was wise? Haha I think it is you who should improve your reading. Please read my statement again and try to understand it.
If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:35 am

Awisewizard wrote:
RedRose wrote:oh, I really wanna improve my english! that is true! Awisewizard, please help me as Unknownsu has done in the past.
Awisewizard wrote:
No one but yourself could help you improve your English
oh??? then why do we need teachers? u mean, everyone is self-taught? you have no a teacher??? amazing!
Teachers are just your guiders. They can't follow you all the lifetime. They only teach you basic knowledge.
By the way, you should write:
... as Unknownsu had done in the past.
Cheer!
Now Unknownsu still helps me improve my english, so I think I should write:"as Unknownsu has done". but thanks for your correction.

and yes, teachers can't follow us all the lifetime, however, they can still guide us in learning english. in this respect, teachers can help us improve english skills. we can't deny this truth.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:55 am

Awisewizard wrote:[
Did I say I was wise? I think you are having a hard time understanding what I really want to say.
So did I mean you was wise? Haha I think it is you who should improve your reading. Please read my statement again and try to understand it.
If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Cheer!
[/quote]
On a fair standpoint, I think it was Awisewizard who didn't understand this issue well.

in fact, what Unknownsu wanted to tell was:"Awisewizard, what do you mean with ' If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"? ' so weird! I have never told people "I am wise"! what were you talking about?"

once again, I was on a fair standpoint when I interpreted you guys' words.

ok, go on! I always enjoy watching fight! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:39 am

RedRose wrote:
Now Unknownsu still helps me improve my english, so I think I should write:"as Unknownsu has done". but thanks for your correction.
...as Unknowsu has done is fine if you skip in the past.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:46 am

Redrose wrote:in fact, what Unknownsu wanted to tell was:"Awisewizard, what do you mean with ' If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"? ' so weird! I have never told people "I am wise"! what were you talking about?"
I do understand what he did mean. I just want he himself to find my viewpoint in that sentence.
Redrose wrote:once again, I was on a fair standpoint when I interpreted you guys' words.

ok, go on! I always enjoy watching fight! :mrgreen:
It is not a fighting. But OK if you want to think so.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:39 pm

I think that Unknownsu knows your viewpoints very well. he just couldn't agree with you. that is why I think it is a fighting.

anyway, I love fighting as well as watching fighting. and now I am watching a wonderful fighting, that is great!! thank you guys!

at the end of this fighting, I will arbitrate this argument between you guys, and I'll tell who is the final champion!

ok, now it is fighting time....

go on!

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:34 pm

Awizewizard wrote:Did you find any word affirmed that my English was very good?
I cannot believe this!! It’s true, you never wrote your English is good but your words hinted it! Did you forget your original post already??? Or is it because you do not fully comprehend the feeling you expressed in that writing?
Awizewizard wrote: Well, I don't think spending more time on English means your English is better than others'. By the way, you come here not to learn English, so why do you need to read any solution?
Very true. I cannot help but agree with your first sentence. However, English is my first language and if I cannot comprehend something written in English, there must be something wrong with me. I do not need the solution but stop and think about it for a minute. If you can surrender the solution to me, I can then sell it to the rest of the world. Think of the possibilities! There will no longer be a struggling English student for as long as the English language exists! Wouldn’t that be something? So really, I need the solution more than anyone!
Unknownsu wrote:One last thing, Wisdom is not self-proclaimed, it is earned.
Awisewizard wrote:If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Ok, I think I finally get it! You want to say, "why am I calling you wise when I don't know anything", right?

I'm not calling you wise. I think you think yourself wise; hence the a wise wizard part in your signature and username. And what I want to say is...please, refer to my original quote.

And no, we are not fighting, we are merely debating. However, I feel this is a lost cause on my behalf.

shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by shokin » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:53 pm

Errare humanum est.

No mistaking, no taking, nothing.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:02 pm

Unknownsu wrote: Did you forget your original post already??? Or is it because you do not fully comprehend the feeling you expressed in that writing?

Just a nitwit forgets what he wrote or couldn't understand his feelings expressed in any passage. So, my original post alluded to my pride of English? Or that is just your own feeling? Or you are just fond of flatteres? Sorry, I am not that kind of person.

Unknownsu wrote: However, English is my first language and if I cannot comprehend something written in English, there must be something wrong with me.
I don't care English is your mother tongue or not. I just care for what others express their English here. If you could write English so perfectly, why didn't you write it, at least, grammatically to help other learners here? I saw lots of mistakes in your previous messages. If you think you come here just for fun and grammar is not essential, you are aggravating your English as well as others', which I awfully avoid.

Unknownsu wrote: I do not need the solution but stop and think about it for a minute. If you can surrender the solution to me, I can then sell it to the rest of the world. Think of the possibilities! There will no longer be a struggling English student for as long as the English language exists! Wouldn’t that be something? So really, I need the solution more than anyone!
You denoted that what I did is insulting others. Really, I don't understand what you define "insult". Again, I am frank and just tell the truth. By the way, I am not a seller.
Unknownsu wrote:One last thing, Wisdom is not self-proclaimed, it is earned.
Awisewizard wrote:If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
Unknownsu wrote:Ok, I think I finally get it! You want to say, "why am I calling you wise when I don't know anything", right?
Pity! You understand nothing.
Well, you meant that a wise person didn't need to show his wisdom. I got it well. I never meant what you understood, though.
Awisewizard wrote:If you know nothing, how dare to say "I am wise"?
"You" here is not Unknownsu, I refer to anybody. OK! Here is another statement paraphrased.
If a person knows nothing, how dare he say "I am wise." Hope it is clear now.

Unknownsu wrote:And no, we are not fighting, we are merely debating. However, I feel this is a lost cause on my behalf.
If it is not a battle, so there is neither winner nor loser.
Cheer!
Last edited by Awisewizard on Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A wise wizard

User avatar
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by frengo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 pm

I would like to thank you both for the interesting debate... why interesting? Because you have used so many grammatical constructions to expose your point of view in many different ways... I have found really useful to read your posts.

Debates are always welcome, IMHO

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:16 pm

frengo wrote:I would like to thank you both for the interesting debate... why interesting? Because you have used so many grammatical constructions to expose your point of view in many different ways... I have found really useful to read your posts.

Debates are always welcome, IMHO
Well, I write grammatically or try to do so not just in this debate. Thanks anyhow.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:25 am

NO! it isn't only an arhument, but also a fighting! I can feel a strong smell of gunpowder in air... :mrgreen:

And finally, I will tell who is the champion and who is the runner-up! :mrgreen:

Ok, now it is fighting time! GO ON!! guys!

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:09 am

Awisewizard wrote: Just a nitwit forgets what he wrote or couldn't understand his feelings expressed in any passage. So, my original post alluded to my pride of English? Or that is just your own feeling?
Ok, let me explain the message I received from reading your original post since you obviously don’t understand it yourself.
Awisewizard wrote: There are soooooooooo many mistakes in your posts here. Please find out the solutions or your English can't be improved.
I am quite aware of the immediate message you are trying to convey but your use of the word “you” refers to everyone on EC. So you are saying that everyone here, except you, wields improper English. If you meant it as a generalization, you should’ve used the word “we”, but you didn’t. That tells me you are trying to say that your English is better than everyone on Englishclub, right? If you think this is my own interpretation, why don’t you ask anyone on this website or someone who has a better command of English than you.
Awisewizard wrote:Or you are just fond of flatteres?
I might be, but could you first explain exactly what is flatteres?
Awisewizard wrote: I saw lots of mistakes in your previous messages.
Yeah, I know. I tend to make mistakes when I get excited. My grammar and sentence structures must have been a pain for you to read. I apologize. Could you do me a favour and correct any errors you see in my writing? Of course, I will not want you to waste your precious time correcting all my posts, just the noticeable ones in this topic, since there are so many of them, right? Thanks in advance.
Awisewizard wrote: You denoted that what I did is insulting others. Really, I don't understand what you define "insult". Again, I am frank and just tell the truth. By the way, I am not a seller.
Is it really because you are not a seller or is it because you just don’t know the solution?
Awisewizard wrote: Pity! You understand nothing.
Well, you meant that a wise person didn't need to show his wisdom. I got it well.
No, I never said that. I guess you don’t get it well, after all.
Awisewizard wrote: "You" here is not Unknownsu, I refer to anybody. OK! Here is another statement paraphrased.
If a person knows nothing, how dare he say "I am wise." Hope it is clear now.
Crystal clear, but something else perplexes me. Why did you write that statement in reply to what I said? How does that even relate to what I said?

In other words, it’s as if I wrote, “Did you know bananas are born from the pores on my back?”

And you replied, “I like bananas.”

What gives?
Awisewizard wrote: If it is not a battle, so there is neither winner nor loser.
In a debate, there is a winner and a loser. As I said before, this is a lost cause on my behalf.
Last edited by Unknownsu on Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:59 am

Post by Chet Baker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:08 am

without disrespect, my opinion is that essence of learning is humble.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:12 am

haha! what an interesting fighting! Both are very competitive!

now I can predict a little result of this fighting...

Victory is coming to Unknownsu...but who knows? the finally result is still an unknown mystery. who will be the finally winner? God knows! Both of you have the equal chances to reach Victory.

Go ahead!! Guys!

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:31 am

RedRose wrote:haha! what an interesting fighting! Both are very competitive!

now I can predict a little result of this fighting...

Victory is coming to Unknownsu...but who knows? the finally result is still an unknown mystery. who will be the finally winner? God knows! Both of you have the equal chances to reach Victory.

Go ahead!! Guys!
When did you become a cheerleader?

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:51 am

I always enjoy being a cheerleader! :mrgreen:

User avatar
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 am

Post by essie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:40 am

"Awisewizard"> communication without intelligence is noise... Please stop.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:41 am

Maybe essie is right. however, I just don't want this fighting to stop.

essie, welcome to EC!

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:20 pm

Unknownsu wrote: I am quite aware of the immediate message you are trying to convey but your use of the word “you” refers to everyone on EC.
Absolutely true! I refer to members who make a lot of mistakes in their posts. Well, so "you" here is the most appropriate subject. Certainly, I was not blind to see some exceptions. And I am the one among these. Or you think I should write "There are so many mistakes in your posts, excluding A, B, C..."? Haha, funny!
Unknownsu wrote: If you think this is my own interpretation, why don’t you ask anyone on this website or someone who has a better command of English than you.
Well, you meant I should ask another one who has a better comment of English than me? If it is "command", I beg your pardon to explain it to me again.
Unknownsu wrote:I might be, but could you first explain exactly what is flatteres?
As said, I just tell the truth. You seem so "excited" when reading my posts, especially the original, as you felf that you were one among the people I refer to?
Unknownsu wrote: Could you do me a favour and correct any errors you see in my writing?
I think you are good enough to correct them by yourself, aren't you? But I surely do if I see any noticeable. And the same hope here. See! Your two last responses are wonderful. Please spend just one minute to compare them with all your previous ones, does it make any sense?
Unknownsu wrote:Is it really because you are not a seller or is it because you just don’t know the solution?
OK. Because you are unable to find my solution so I will help you find it. The only way to improve your English is yourself. Correct your wrtitings by yourself instead of showing silly mistakes while being aware it. No more.
Unknownsu wrote:No, I never said that. I guess you don’t get it well, after all.
Crystal clear, but something else perplexes me. Why did you write that statement in reply to what I said? How does that even relate to what I said?
Again, you wanted me to explain why did I choose A wise wizard as the username and the signature when reading your sentence? Clearly, you wanted to state that "Please don't show off!", didn't you? It seems to be hard for you to catch the undermeaning in my last message. I will tell all others why did I choose this username but later and please don't bother me this at this time. Come back to my statement, I denoted that just a wise one dares to say he/she is wise when actually it be. It is not self-proclaimed, just showing his/her confidence.
Unknownsu wrote:In other words, it’s as if I wrote, “Did you know bananas are born from the pores on my back?”
And you replied, “I like bananas.”
What gives?
What an example! The hearer in this case is deaf. How could you find the relation between this stuff and my answer?

Unknownsu wrote:In a debate, there is a winner and a loser. As I said before, this is a lost cause on my behalf.
I don't come here to rave or talk nonsense. Any debate brings something. If you think it is a lost cause, you get nothing from it or you are unable to get anything?

Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:43 pm

RedRose wrote:haha! what an interesting fighting! Both are very competitive!

now I can predict a little result of this fighting...

Victory is coming to Unknownsu...but who knows? the finally result is still an unknown mystery. who will be the finally winner? God knows! Both of you have the equal chances to reach Victory.

Go ahead!! Guys!
Again, this is not a fighting. Never see a keeper of the boards encourage fighting. Stuff!
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Never see a keeper of the boards encourage fighting
Awisewizard, what were you talking about? why not?? u know what? as a keeper of the broad, I am responsible to make this forum active! and a fighting is a fun way to keep this forum active! :mrgreen:

ok, can i tell you my viewpoint? you see, you must know your original post was very unpopular, don't you? however, maybe you don't know why it was unpopular, right?

ok, let me tell you why...because your words were very conceited and arrogant. and you didn't treat other members with respect. in the other words, you acted like an incomparable master of english. in that case, no one could accept a huge master. remember, this is just a club, and people come here for many sakes, such as improving english in a friendly atmosphere, communication with nice friends and so on. No one wants an arrogant speech from a incomparable master. of course, some members enjoy kidding with other members, but all stuff should base on a friendly intention. that would be great.

actually, you guys think that this argument isn't a fighting, but I think, since both of you have a strong point, why not fight to the end so that members can know who is the final winner? maybe "fighting" is a metaphor here. it actually means "a contest"

ok, now it is contest time, go on! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:59 pm

RedRose wrote: Awisewizard, what were you talking about? why not?? u know what? as a keeper of the broad, I am responsible to make this forum active! and a fighting is a fun way to keep this forum active! :mrgreen:
As much as I have witnessed, you are the one who makes the situation worse.
RedRose wrote:ok, can i tell you my viewpoint? you see, you must know your original post was very unpopular, don't you? however, maybe you don't know why it was unpopular, right?
It isn't unpopular. I wrote it so I understand it well.
RedRose wrote:ok, let me tell you why...because your words were very conceited and arrogant. and you didn't treat other members with respect. in the other words, you acted like an incomparable master of english.
Well, what is your definition of "respect"? Read my original post again and tell me which words disrespect you? As said, I just wish I could be that arrogant. And if what I did has made your English better, I never regret. If you don't like my frank words, no problem.
RedRose wrote:in that case, no one could accept a huge master. remember, this is just a club, and people come here for many sakes, such as improving english in a friendly atmosphere, communication with nice friends and so on.

I do know this is a club as well as each one comes here with various purposes. I just care for the ones who want to improve their English. As for idle ones, I have no ideas.
RedRose wrote:No one wants an arrogant speech from a incomparable master.
I don't have that great desire of being a master of English here. You seem get nothing from all my posts. I just want to see more careful writings. And I respectly hope your all English is better.
RedRose wrote:of course, some members enjoy kidding with other members, but all stuff should base on a friendly intention. that would be great.
I don't care for stuff.
RedRose wrote: why not fight to the end so that members can know who is the final winner?
It is you who makes our debate more complicated. What is the winner and loser if you think you want to create a friendly atmostphere here?
RedRose wrote:ok, now it is contest time, go on! :mrgreen:
You please get off from our debate. Thanks much.
Cheer!
A wise wizard

User avatar
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by frengo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm loving this fight/debate/contest (or whatever) very much!
It's stimulating and useful at the same time...

May I give a small contribution?

First of all, I suspect that all this debate could have been started from a basic misunderstanding... In fact, I didn't feel hurted by the first AWW post. Why? Because I gave it a meaning that is slightly different from that of many others here... here is how I have interpreted his sentence: "Since you are making so many mistakes, try to identify them and solve your problems, if you want to improve your English". I cannot see anything hurting there, since as a student I am aware of my incomplete knowledge. It seems to me that most of the annoyance is coming from the nickname "A Wise Wizard", since this name could show a sort of arrogant approach... obviousy I cannot be sure, but it could be simply a reference to a character from some story like "The lord of rings" or something similar, don't you think? Also the picture in the avatar seems to support such an hypothesis. Unfortunately, AWW himself is the only one that could clarify these aspects...
Finally, I really don't think that this kind of contest should have a winner and a looser: what they are debating here is a matter of OPINIONS, so every reader will be free to decide which party to join... an absolute win is not achievable in this case. IMHO, of course.
Waiting for next episode... (and for error-checking, too) ;)

User avatar
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 am

Post by essie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:17 pm

lol!! Episode 2 - same awisewizard time, same awisewizard place...

User avatar
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 am

Post by essie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 pm

A note to Frengo,

As much as I agree with you on that AWW’s original post can be interpreted in different ways. . . I must point out that it’s just that, which is the problem. A lot of what he says is hard to understand, which is why he comes off as arrogant. He wants everyone to correct their posts, yet he needs much correction himself.

I’m not much for debates :) Though I sometimes feel that I must point out the obvious.

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:03 am

Forgive me, Frengo and Redrose for what I am about to do...
Awisewizard wrote:Well, so "you" here is the most appropriate subject. Or you think I should write "There are so many mistakes in your posts, excluding A, B, C..."? Haha, funny!
The only thing funny here is you. No, I think this topic should never have been started in the first place. However, if someone was pointing a gun to your head forcing you to express the thought you so longed for, how about "some"? Let’s get crazy and try "some of you". What do you think? You could have easily elaborated your thoughts to avoid confusion but you chose not to because either you deemed the members here unworthy or your English is not as great as you claim.
Awisewizard wrote: Well, you meant I should ask another one who has a better comment of English than me? If it is "command", I beg your pardon to explain it to me again.
I never explained it to you once, so why would I have to explain it to you again? Because you do not understand something, that doesn’t make it wrong.
Awisewizard wrote: I think you are good enough to correct them by yourself, aren't you? But I surely do if I see any noticeable. And the same hope here.
Not only did you not correct any of my "previous mistakes", you attempted to correct my last passage which you failed miserably. If you are so grammatically correct and I make so many mistakes, why would you want me to correct errors I see in your writing? According to you, I wouldn’t be able to point them out, right? Therefore, you are contradicting yourself by making accusations you cannot support.
Awisewizard wrote:You seem so "excited" when reading my posts, especially the original, as you felf that you were one among the people I refer to?
Wrong again. You are interpreting my messages the way you want them to sound and not the way I intended. I did not get excited when I read anything here. Is sarcasm part of your vocabulary, by any chance? Your posts only made me shake my head with pity as you have done with the other members of this site.
Awisewizard wrote:I don't come here to rave or talk nonsense. Any debate brings something. If you think it is a lost cause, you get nothing from it or you are unable to get anything?
But nonsense is all that I see coming out of you.

You seem to have no ideas about this, and have no problems with that and the only apparent thing you do care about is helping others improve their English. Now that is funny. Forgive me if I don’t believe you. Redrose is not instigating anything, if that is what you are going after. You shouldn’t even be worried about her because your concentration should be focused on me.

I strongly feel that your command of English could have benefited the learners here, but went about it the wrong way. You opted to insult them instead by posting your original comment. Though it might have worked for some individuals, I, personally, feel your post could administer more damage than good. Some learners are very sensitive to their newly acquired skill and a comment like that could ultimately lead to the relinquishment of learning English. Of course, that is a worse case scenario.

I do know the definition of insult and that is what you have done to my intellect. I decided to end this here. I found this amusing at first but as it dragged on, you took the defensive and waved off a majority of my significant questions. You are right, I have nothing to gain by writing in this topic and this debate proved itself to be futile. There is no need for you to reply to this message because I will no longer waste my time debating while handicapped.

Be proud of yourself, though, because you poured your poor, rusty feelings into a cup and I swallowed it in one fell swoop.

One final word, your so-called solution is pathetic.
Last edited by Unknownsu on Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:06 am

essie wrote:A lot of what he says is hard to understand, which is why he comes off as arrogant. He wants everyone to correct their posts, yet he needs much correction himself.
That is his problem, he is blinded by his own arrogance.

Anyway, Ehsan, how's that for a bang?
Last edited by Unknownsu on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:51 am

Awisewizard wrote: As much as I have witnessed, you are the one who makes the situation worse.
You please get off from our debate. Thanks much.
Cheer!
you think I were making this whole situation worse??? how come?

you see, you already said that it wasn't a fighting. then in your opinion, what is getting worse about the debate? Unknowsu and other members have been talking on this issue. but you call this situation a worse one? what is a forum for? it is for discussion or something like that. even if it is a fighting, it is still valuable to learning englsih. I remember your origin purpose was to improve our englsih, wasn't it? how come you call it a bad soituation?

besides, why did you ask me to get off from your debate? what were you worrying about? if your viewpoint was rational and reasonable, you shouldn't have worried that much. instead, you should be glad to see so many replies behind your topic, hun?

calm down, honey, it isn't a worse situation. it is up to how would you take it.

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:19 am

Unknownsu wrote: The only thing funny here is you. No, I think this topic should never have been started in the first place.
It would have not been worse if you didn't write the second post by that way. Read my second post again and could you realize anything?

Unknownsu wrote: Let’s get crazy and try "some of you". What do you think?
Well, you should improve even what you are a master of.
Unknownsu wrote:You could have easily elaborated your thoughts to avoid confusion but you chose not to because either you deemed the members here unworthy or your English is not as great as you claim.
As said, I do know where my English stands. I didn't say it is great and it itself bears that meaning. You regard all my words conceited without even a thought. Exactly, there is just one thing in your mind when communicating with me, which is "how arrogant". Therefore, you have been missing in your own dim way, even up to now.


Unknownsu wrote:Not only did you not correct any of my "previous mistakes", you attempted to correct my last passage which you failed miserably.
It is because I never thought you could use such a word. I do realize your manner via your responses but I think I was wrong.
Unknownsu wrote: If you are so grammatically correct and I make so many mistakes, why would you want me to correct errors I see in your writing? According to you, I wouldn’t be able to point them out, right? Therefore, you are contradicting yourself by making accusations you cannot support.
I did say I always try to write grammatically here. I do make mistakes too and wish to improve English too, but it seems you think of my proposal as an absurd one. Once again, you are pretending yourself in your missing thoughts. Why do you force me and others to think that you wouldn’t be able to point my mistakes out??? The thought that I am so arrogant seems to stick to your brain and it dominates all your other opinions as well as actions.
Unknownsu wrote:Is sarcasm part of your vocabulary, by any chance? Your posts only made me shake my head with pity as you have done with the other members of this site.
Yes, I admit that my posts are so ironic but please read your second post again, which rouses me to intend to do that.


Unknownsu wrote:But nonsense is all that I see coming out of you.
You see nonsense from me. Sure? I bet you will think I am over conceited again but let me point out some senses. Initially, if you found it nonsen, why didn't you stop? Secondly, I received more grammar writings here. That is enough.
Unknownsu wrote: Now that is funny. Forgive me if I don’t believe you. Redrose is not instigating anything, if that is what you are going after. You shouldn’t even be worried about her because your concentration should be focused on me.
I did care for what she wrote, need any proof? I don't like her limited thought that wanted this communication to be a fighting.
Unknownsu wrote:I strongly feel that your command of English could have benefited the learners here, but went about it the wrong way.
Thanks for your "nice" comment. I think my "command of English" effects some, and you are the most obvious evidence. Just read your posts and compare them yourself.
Unknownsu wrote:You opted to insult them instead by posting your original comment.
See what I have done, it is not much but I have tried to correct some mistakes in some posts here. My original post is a command in your eyes or you intend to think so?
Unknownsu wrote:Though it might have worked for some individuals, I, personally, feel your post could administer more damage than good. Some learners are very sensitive to their newly acquired skill and a comment like that could ultimately lead to the relinquishment of learning English. Of course, that is a worse case scenario.
If you are good enough, why didn't you tell me that in your very first posts instead of using some insulted words such as dense? Hope you not forget yet.
Unknownsu wrote:There is no need for you to reply to this message because I will no longer waste my time debating while handicapped.
:!: :!: :!: Yes, save your time.
Unknownsu wrote:Be proud of yourself, though, because you poured your poor, rusty feelings into a cup and I swallowed it in one fell swoop.
Being proud is not a sin. Believe so. Please distinguish pride from arrogance. Don't make your mind confused as glue.
Unknownsu wrote: One final word, your so-called solution is pathetic.
Don't need to feel pathetic for my solution because it has effectively done. Thanks for your participation as a successful test.
With all the best,
Cheer!
A wise wizard

Post Reply