There are so many mistakes in your posts

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Awisewizard

Post by Awisewizard »

besides, why did you ask me to get off from your debate? what were you worrying about? if your viewpoint was rational and reasonable, you shouldn't have worried that much. instead, you should be glad to see so many replies behind your topic, hun?

calm down, honey, it isn't a worse situation. it is up to how would you take it.
Just come here if you want to discuss. It is over, though.
Cheer!
A wise wizard
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Awisewizard wrote:[ It is over, though.
Cheer!
it is over?? you mean you would quit this contest? what a pity! why not keep on this contest??? it is so great!

come on!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Awisewizard,

First, I want you to read this message in a calm manner. Second, I am writing this only to help clarify something for you.

You said that I called you "dense" for no reason and that is why you started debating with me. Do you think I have nothing better to do with my time? I do have a reason. Stop and think about it for one minute and read your second post.

Your original post got a few people angry. Namely me, Redrose, Lalee, etc. We gave you our opinions and how did you react? You took our opinions and laughed at them. Am I correct? Picture yourself in that scenario. If you said something serious to someone and they just laughed at you, how would that make you feel? That is mockery. Now, who gave you the right to mock others? There is a saying in English...Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. That is very wrong. Words, when used properly, can kill. Think about it.

I admit, I might have come on a bit strong but remember, some of them cannot express themselves accurately so I took the initiative.

That is all I want to say.
I hope you will consider my words carefully.
With knowledge, comes responsibility.
Take care and good luck with your future studies.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Looks like you guys are really enjoying this :D
Awisewizard

Post by Awisewizard »

Awisewizard wrote:See!!! All replies here are much much better (as you were more careful when writing) though you all seemed to be unhappy with me, or more exactly, be angry. Well, I know the truth is not easy to accept. You may think of me as a queer man who disturbed your party, who mocked or poked fun at your mistakes. Never do I, though. By the way, it is your right to do that and I don't care too as I just want your English to be better. You said I just wrote a bald statement as I was afraid of mistakes? Haha, so funny! English is also my second language and I do make mistakes too. I try to avoid them as much as possible, however. You said I didn't know what this forum was for? Haha, funny again. A normal member also knows why should he/she come here. And I think the forum's title says its purpose. Or you have never noticed it?

You all know your English need to be improved but never pay any attention to your mistakes nor wonder it is correct or not? And how ashamed to repeat the mistakes! No one but yourself could help you improve your English. Just hope you do not aggravate your English. If you come here just for fun and raving, I have no ideas. Thanks.
Cheer!
Wish you all here health, success and happiness,
Cheer!
A wise wizard
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Awisewizard wrote:
Awisewizard wrote:See!!! All replies here are much much better (as you were more careful when writing) though you all seemed to be unhappy with me, or more exactly, be angry. Well, I know the truth is not easy to accept. You may think of me as a queer man who disturbed your party, who mocked or poked fun at your mistakes. Never do I, though. By the way, it is your right to do that and I don't care too as I just want your English to be better. You said I just wrote a bald statement as I was afraid of mistakes? Haha, so funny! English is also my second language and I do make mistakes too. I try to avoid them as much as possible, however. You said I didn't know what this forum was for? Haha, funny again. A normal member also knows why should he/she come here. And I think the forum's title says its purpose. Or you have never noticed it?

You all know your English need to be improved but never pay any attention to your mistakes nor wonder it is correct or not? And how ashamed to repeat the mistakes! No one but yourself could help you improve your English. Just hope you do not aggravate your English. If you come here just for fun and raving, I have no ideas. Thanks.
Cheer!
Wish you all here health, success and happiness,
Cheer!
I understand what you are trying to say. But try thinking outside of the box for a second and read the entire message. You cannot omit sentences because you feel they were insignificant. A reader will hang onto each and every single word you write while the overall message evokes emotion.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Well I guess this debate was not a waste of time after all.
You know, I think all of us have learned something useful from this.
As we know, while reading some posts here, we can notice many mistakes such as grammar, misspelling words and all that so it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to correct them, and help one another. Don’t you think so?
Although, we might spend time by doing this. Hmm..
Well, whoever’s willing to help. Go ahead. I’m sure all members here would appreciate that. Including me!

*And Jimmy, you handled all this so well. I’m so proud of you!! “
:)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee wrote:As we know, while reading some posts here, we can notice many mistakes such as grammar, misspelling words and all that so it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to correct them, and help one another. Don’t you think so?
:)
Awisewizard, do you want me to find your spelling and grammar errors for you so you can edit them? I'm not mocking you, but since there are so many, I will limit myself to 15 sentences. I hope you can do the same for my posts.

Of course, I am far from perfect in the English language so we will call on the pros to verify whether or not the sentence was written grammatically correct. Who are the pros, you ask? Well, I recommend Dixie since she is an English teacher. A perverted one, but one, nonetheless. My second recommendation would be Essie. He is a supreme being, to put it mildly. There are others, no doubt and we would greatly appreciate it if they would honour us with their time.

What do you think?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Unknownsu wrote: Well, I recommend Dixie since she is an English teacher. A perverted one, but one, nonetheless.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil:
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Unknownsu wrote:My second recommendation would be Essie. He is a supreme being, to put it mildly.
Supreme!?! :oops: naaahhh ... Somewhat mighty maybe, but not supreme ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hi Essie, nice to meet you!! :D
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Nice to meet you as well... Jimmy suggested that I join a while back, but it slipped my mind. This forum seems very fun! I'm sure we'll get along just fine :P ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yeah it's really fun, you'll soon find out... :D
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

essie is an outgoing guy. and I bet he will bring more fun here!

essie, be careful! Jimmy is a perverted one! when you talk to him, make sure you would learn some perverted skills from him!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Hey Essie, if only she knew, huh?
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

oh that's just Jimmy... The word pervert would not have existed if it weren't for him...
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

That's true, my family motto is, "cheat, lie, steal". I guess perversion would be 4th on that list.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Teacher Su, Do you know what your only defect is??
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

And what is that? I'm too perfect?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

NO!!

your only defect is: you are too sincere!! you see, you know you are really perverted, but you never deny it. that is why all your wives still love you!

and you are crazy! you asked me to tell people the names of your wives! you are their husband, since you are energic enough to deal with every wife equally(you know what I mean ;) ;) ), how come you could forget they names???
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

RedRose wrote: and you are crazy! you asked me to tell people the names of your wives!
Ok now. Spit it out already! Sigh… Red, I’m waiting and waiting but nothing. So, what are their names? I thought I was the only one. What a disappointment!
I wouldn’t like to share my hubby with others, you know. If I find out that he has been cheating on me… Well, I guess I will have to get a divorce. Just mention one name and this relationship will be over. Only one name is enough.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee, you know you cannot live without me so why throw the empty threat?

Look what you guys have done!! You scared off, Awisewizard. I demand an apology! NOW!!!
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:Lalee, you know you cannot live without me so why throw the empty threat?
Well, I just want to know if it's true what Red said. You know, about the many wives you have. So If she gives me a name, only one, our marriage will be over. Understood?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Let me get this straight, you are actually taking Redrose's words into consideration? If this is your idea of trust, I have nothing more to say.
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

big fart?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

essie wrote:big fart?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote:I guess you wanted to write: cheat, steal, rob. :oops:
Oh, no, Violet.

There is a fine line between rob and steal with a minor difference between the two definitions.

I cannot omit lie because it plays a major role in my everyday life. If I can't lie, I'd rather die. That is what I was taught at an early age. ;)
yl88
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by yl88 »

it's hard to lie to somebody who u r not want to lie to..

"lie" is not a good habby, my dear friend..
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Truthfully though, every single one of us lies. The relevance, severity, and/or consistency may vary, but we all do it.