Generalised Failure in English Teaching / Learning

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hello,
Is there an English speaking show on TV in your area?
Before I came to the US, I learned French as a second language for many years and English as third language for one year. I could only write and read in French. I was very weak in English. Now nearly three decades later living in the US, I looked back and credited my English speaking skill from watching lot of TV shows like "Three's Company". Also I was forced to speak English daily with other people. Learning a new language is like learning a new skill. Practice makes perfect. By the way my French language is now gone. Best of luck to you and your students.
Sincerely.
innocent055

no title

Post by innocent055 »

ı'm from turkey.I'm studying in an üniversity and I'll be an english teacher.However,my english knowledge was very weak except my grammar abilitywhen I started to the school. Because the only one that I had been taught was only grammar but I hadn't known this situation before I started to the school.later,I found out my english was weak.ı think a detailed grammar is very confusing.While writing or speaking,you are being confused for correcting your grammar mistakes.
besides this situation,people in turkey don't have self-confidence.in other words,trusting yourself effects this situation..ıf you are a shy person,your speaking ability may not improve and this problem will influence your abilities like writing,reading.that is they are very important to learn a language very well.
rul

Re: Generalised Failure in English Teaching / Learning

Post by rul »

I´m english student, I recommend you that you apply some learning techniques about games, songs and competitions. I think that we should break all our paradigms about traditionalist method.

See you.
Cassy

talk

Post by Cassy »

Students should discuss different questions (topics) during the lessons. They should retell the texts and know the proverbs. With best wishes, Teacher of English from Ukraine.