conference call

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Amity

conference call

Post by Amity »

I will have a conference call with our American Suppliers,actually,I am not very sure of that,and a little nervous,would someone please give me some advise of this?

I especially afraid that if I cannot hear clearly from the phone,actually,I am an English Major,however, I always feel nervous of communicating directly with foreigners,I know I should face this and change this.
Hope you could give some advise
Alan
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Post by Alan »

Sorry, but we can't respond to such general questions.(Please see the announcement at the head of this page.)

I hope all goes well, however, with your call!
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

A "conference call" can be conducted in person, or -- increasingly -- through telecommunications; the latter sounds like what you are going to be doing.

Don't be nervous. All a "conference call" is in reality is a group of men and women who sit around a table and ask important-sounding questions and hope to receive some type of meaningful feedback in response. It would be useful for you to anticipate what questions your American counterparts will be asking and have some notes, figures and other statistics handy when you have the meeting.

Relax, smile (people can tell when you are smiling even if they can't see you) and you will do fine :)

p.s. You might want to have some questions of your own ready, just to keep them busy and to develop some useful feedback of your own. You could also contact one of the conference call members and ask him or her what topics will be discussed, and what information they might need that you can prepare in advance. "Prior planning prevents poor performance." -- Professor Verb