10 questions for all of you .... ^___^

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

tommasi

10 questions for all of you .... ^___^

Post by tommasi »

First, I want to thank everybody that responsible on this forums.

Second, I have some questions I wish you to answer them..

1 - what the difference between:
I got married.
I married.
-----------
2 - Why when we want to say ( I want to make sure ) we add " make " ?

-------------
3- When I read some articles I noticed some words have ( P.P ) without any " verb to have " before them, why? :roll:

--------------
4 - I have a lot of vocabulary but when I would to talk I felt I forgot eveything and I couldn't colloction anything!! why?

I know you'll tell you must to practice more and more ...
but where can I practice If I live in city which nobody speak English. :? :? :?

----------------

5- what (wannabe ) does mean?

----------------

From your experience, what are advantages and disadvantages of electronic dictionary?

6 - How useful do you think use electronic/programme/ book dictionary?

---------------

7- We have word " noticed " , when could I make it as a verb and adjective?

--------------
8 - what is the correct forming of English language in terms of part of speech?
I mean what the first , second ...
( noun then verb then adverb ........cte.

-----------
9- Is there any website that allow me to practice speaking English with anybody that he or she have time and be patient to listen me?

-----------

10- What I have to do when:
1- Want to practice speaking English but you haven't any thing that should be help you!!
2 - Want to practice speaking English and this time you find someone talk to him. But in this case, maybe you aren't want to embarrass him beacuse he haven't time to listen to you and your bad , slow English, especially your doctor at the college and some guys who find them at the internet!

That's all what I have today...

And I'll be partaken with you always
^______^
GiddyGad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: 10 questions for all of you .... ^___^

Post by GiddyGad »

tommasi wrote:
1 - what is the difference between:
I got married.
I married.

I'd say, if you want to say about yourself without mentioning your spouse you say "I got married last year", "I'm married now". If your spouse is nearby or you just want to say who you married you say "I married her/him blindly"

tommasi wrote:2 - Why when we want to say ( I want to make sure ) we add "make"?

Strangely, they don't say "get sure". I wonder why...

tommasi wrote:3- When I was reading some articles I noticed some words have ( P.P ) without any " verb to have " before them, why? :roll:

P.P. is a verbal adjective and is mostly used as an adjective. It's only when you use Perfect, say "I've trimmed the edge of the lawn", or if you want something to be done by someone else, say, "I want to have the edge trimmed", that you use it after "have". Here's an exercise for you. Find out which is which in "They have all had letters sent to their houses with the wrong names and addresses on them; and to avert suspicion they have written 'Not Known' on the envelopes and put them back in the pillar box".
--------------
tommasi wrote:4 - I have a lot of vocabulary but when I would talk I feel I forget eveything and I can't say anything!! why?

It's because you only know the words. Tell me if knowing how to play football is enough for being able to play it. You need practice. And training. Self-training isn't enough either. You need a trainer, a teacher.

tommasi wrote:I know you'll tell you must to practice more and more ...
but where can I practice If I live in a city where nobody speaks English. :? :? :?

I'm sorry for you. But if you can't have the best , have the best of what you can. Try to speak to yourself from time to time. Besides, you can read books in your native language and try to retell the plot in English. Or else try to interpret your thoughts as if you were explaining it to an English speaker. You can share your experience on the Internet. Your post can be addressed to noone in particular. He who wants will hear. Patience, just patience.

tommasi wrote:5- what (wannabe ) does mean?

"Wannabe" means "want to be" - a person who worships a movie star (or a footballer or another famous person) and wants to be like him/her.

tommasi wrote:From your experience, what are advantages and disadvantages of electronic dictionary?

Any dictionary is good, though I'd advise you to get used to a book first. These skills will help one day.

to be continued...

Smiles,
GiddyGad
GiddyGad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: 10 questions for all of you .... ^___^

Post by GiddyGad »

tommasi wrote:6 - How useful do you think use electronic/programme/ book dictionary?
Why! Any dictionary is useful, not only English. Encyclopedias, reference books, etc. are also very helpful.
tommasi wrote:7- We have word " noticed " , when could I make it as a verb and adjective?

When it's the only verb of the Predicate - it's a verb, Past Tense. When it acts like an adjective - it's a Past Participle. You should remember that if it's the Predicate it stands after the Subject, which is a Noun without a preposition. (If it helps...)
tommasi wrote:8 - what is the correct forming of English language in terms of part of speech?
I mean what the first , second ...
( noun then verb then adverb ........cte.
You'd better read a grammar book on this subject... And learn from books you read - from fiction. There are many rules and there's no need to rewrite a grammar book here. Besides, surf the site - there's a lot to learn here.

tommasi wrote:9- Is there any website that allow me to practice speaking English with anybody that he or she have time and be patient to listen me?
You are in the right place, buddy...
tommasi wrote:10- What I have to do when:
1- Want to practice speaking English but you haven't any thing that should be help you!!
2 - Want to practice speaking English and this time you find someone talk to him. But in this case, maybe you aren't want to embarrass him beacuse he haven't time to listen to you and your bad , slow English, especially your doctor at the college and some guys who find them at the internet!
... and you're on the right track. Don't be shy.

Good luck,
Smiles,
GiddyGad