How to add a little more on a simple description or phrase.

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

shopkeeper

How to add a little more on a simple description or phrase.

Post by shopkeeper »

Hi All,
I have posted the same question to the wrong forum and therefore copy and pasted it again here hoping that this is the right place to ask this type of question. My apologies for all the inconveniences arised.

I always am an avid learner of english. Sometimes i find it hard to write a better phrase as my knowledge of the language is scanty and afraid of making mistakes.

Is there any place on the web that we can find some guidances on how to emphasize our description on some of the common terms?

such as..

[simple english]
we [agree on what you said]

[some more complex style of expression]
we unanimously [agree on what you said]
we totally [agree on what you said]

I would like to know if there is any dictionary-like book or webpage that teaches us how to add and what to add in front of the phrase [agree on what you said] and of course, any other phrases. [the phrase showing above is just an example]

As the phrases might (and certainly will) have different meanings after adding another word in front or after it, that is another thing, i just wanted to know how to diversify my expression of the english language and making the phrase look more professional-like. :roll:

Thank you in advance.
shopkeeper

Post by shopkeeper »

[[bump]] :roll:
Kirbo

Re: How to add a little more on a simple description or phra

Post by Kirbo »

shopkeeper wrote:Hi All,
I have posted the same question to the wrong forum and therefore copy and pasted it again here hoping that this is the right place to ask this type of question. My apologies for all the inconveniences arised.

I always am an avid learner of english. Sometimes i find it hard to write a better phrase as my knowledge of the language is scanty and afraid of making mistakes.

Is there any place on the web that we can find some guidances on how to emphasize our description on some of the common terms?

such as..

[simple english]
we [agree on what you said]

[some more complex style of expression]
we unanimously [agree on what you said]
we totally [agree on what you said]

I would like to know if there is any dictionary-like book or webpage that teaches us how to add and what to add in front of the phrase [agree on what you said] and of course, any other phrases. [the phrase showing above is just an example]

As the phrases might (and certainly will) have different meanings after adding another word in front or after it, that is another thing, i just wanted to know how to diversify my expression of the english language and making the phrase look more professional-like. :roll:

Thank you in advance.

Actually, when you say:

"We unanimously agree" means that every single person agreed. Such as in court, in order for someone to be guilty everyone has to agree they are guilty, meaning if one person thinks they are innocent, the case has to be re-done.

A Thesaurus would be the best website to improve your speech.

For example, "We totally agree" you can find other words for totally this way, usually more professional ones =P

for example this site:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/