help me

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

hestersui

help me

Post by hestersui »

How to write an Exposition? And what should I pay attention about?
byron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: help me

Post by byron »

hestersui wrote:How to write an Exposition? And what should I pay attention about?
You need to take your subject matter then write about it in such a way as provide an explanation that even someone who has absolutely no experience of the subject can understand.
Example: if explaining how a gun works it isn't enought to say "it fires a bullet" you need to explain what a bullet is and how it works, the rifleing of the barrel to make the bullet spin. How the gunpowder that fires the bullet is exploded and so on and so forth.
I hope this helps you.
tqth
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tqth »

I think to make a good exposition, you must be sure that you understand the aim, characters.etc of an exposition .As the aim of exposition is to give information, you must be careful about what you are saying.

Ex: When we write about TRANSPORTATION, we begin:"Before invention of the railway train,amimals provided the only means of transport".
So either by neglience or ignorance,we have made a mistake here because we forgotten to mention the SAILING SHIP.And the correct sentence is: Before the invention of the railway train, animals provided the only means of transport on land.
So you must be sure about your knowledge.You can find facts for writing history, geography, ...Beside these sourses, you can derive facts rightfrom their daily experiences.

Summary,I think a good exposition requires: exactness,certainty, practical, easy to understand.

I hope they will be helpful for you.