I need some help

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

dammam

I need some help

Post by dammam »

:idea: :?: Iam Saudi Iam 19 I live in Dammam

I study in King Fafd University

there, they are neediing English language

so How can I improve my English ?

I am surprised !!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Whenever you go , good luck follows
fortminor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by fortminor »

internet is the best source for me. :)
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

Hi there,

Im from Sultanate of Oman.I had the same problem as yours when I first graduated from high school.We learned all the subjects in arabic and my english was really weak.When I went to university my life was a living hell.Honestly.It was like living in a country where all people spoke a language which i did not understand.Well I still remember that in my 1st year at college i had to sit with a dictionary when ever i read any book because it was written in a very advance english not my level not even close to that.But soon my 1st year was over and i got used to it,to the language,to the books,to the courses to every thing.Soon my language started to improve because more of it was used.So what I'm trying to say is don't worry we all had the same problem and we all will over come it so dont be sad.Just be patient and things will be fine you will see. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:o Interesting! You studied your subjects in English in college and not your native language? Does it normally apply for all majors in college or it was just the one you chose?
CityYoung
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by CityYoung »

hi dammam . welcome at EC . I'm sure you will learn here more and you will improve all your skills but you have to read books and keep posting here . and believe me if you work hard you will get what you want .
all of us begane with nothing but we tryed and tryed until we are good now .
good luck :wink:
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

LennyeTran wrote::o Interesting! You studied your subjects in English in college and not your native language? Does it normally apply for all majors in college or it was just the one you chose?
Actually it applies on all the subject you take in college.Yeah when you take an elective course it can by in arabic or english. :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote::o Interesting! You studied your subjects in English in college and not your native language? Does it normally apply for all majors in college or it was just the one you chose?
I did, too. All subjects were taught in English, and most professors were natives (from Scotland, England, Australia, the US...). But that only happened because my major was English Philology, and all subjects were obviously taught in Englsh. In Catalan Philology, all subjects are taught in Catalan; in French Philology, French is the language... and so on...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Were all the majors in your college taught in English as well, Dixie? I mean, except the linguistic area.
dammam

Post by dammam »

Hello there,
first, I would like to thanks everyone here
you are very kind people ...
:lol:
I hope that i well be a nice member here >>
I feeling happy for being here with you .
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote:Were all the majors in your college taught in English as well, Dixie? I mean, except the linguistic area.
No, just English Philology. Out of the linguistic area everything was taught in Catalan.