Please help me with reading comprehension

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

linkhn wrote:
And I never read the text twice,even never go through the text and I only notify some special sentences which are related to the questions below. Now I know it's not a right way to do this kind of excercise.

Thanks again for helping me. :D
I did the same thing before. I only skimmed the text and paid attention to what I was asked to answer. You can try to eliminate this habit by reading short stories, novels, or anything that is in your level. Take your time and you'll be improved since you don't have to force yourself to answer something.
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

For general understanding, there is another exercise that I like to give.

I ask my students to reduce every paragraph to one or two sentence that express the main message.

At the end, they have to put these sentences together into a summary of the text.

I find that this really helps my students' understanding of the main points of a text.

Try this with some short texts that you already have from your coursebook or some other source within your level.
chakravarthy

Re: Please help me with reading comprehension

Post by chakravarthy »

To achieve good score in Reading comprehension, you need to practice a lot. With practice we get the skill to find the gist or answers quickly. This article may be helpful to you http://englishachiever.com/21-tips-get- ... n-passage/