This is my homework man,come in to have a look~~thank you!

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

gbsun

This is my homework man,come in to have a look~~thank you!

Post by gbsun »

No where but Wenzhou
Looking along the East coast of China , you will see a Province named Zhejiang , and in the south of Zhejiang , there lies a beautiful city , the contour of it looks like a lion , its’ name is Wenzhou.
Wenzhou is far from the capital of China , thus , in ancient time , people in Wenzhou seldom care about politics and live a life of ease . Maybe another reason is the landscape there just like an oil painting and the life there is quite enjoyable.
Wenzhou faces the sea , and leaves it's back against mountains . So the weather there is neither too hot in summer , nor too cold in winter as the cities which have the same latitude do . One bad thing is the typhoon there . Typhoon use to happen once a summer , but now , it become more and more frequency , even 3 times or 4 times per summer ,so summer is not a proper season for tourism. But the mountain journey is quite enjoyable throughout the year.
Wenzhou snacks are also famous , there is a statement : if you haven’t ate Wenzhou snack , you can never know what the word “tasty” means . Once ate, one can never forget . While visiting Wenzhou , don’t forget to have a try . Many of the snacks have got their own tale , for further information , you can search the Internet.
(here are some pictures of Wenzhou snacks . P.S their names are hard to tell in English)

(here placed some pics)
Aren’t they attractive??

Everyone must have heard of the jews who are known as a very clever race , and had born many famous people . But have you heard of "chinese jews"?Yes , they are Wenzhou businessmen , who were born with the talent of business.
Businessmen from Wenzhou always dare to live , good at living , stubborn and never be disappointing . Wherever you go , you can always find many Wenzhou people . They think no job is nidering and never feel tired to work . To some people , a little money isn't worth to earn , but they can't make a lot of money , at last gain nothing . To Wenzhou businessmen , they've got an ants' spirit . They just work hard and earn little by little just like a hard working ant.
At first , Wenzhou businessmen maybe very potty in someone’s opinion , but one thing will be found gradually that there are many companies nearby such as button company , logo company ,electronic component company built by Wenzhou businessmen . As time goes on , you may find the buttom company change into a big leather shoes or clothes company , the electronic component company change into a hi-tech company … And now , you can see Wenzhou businessmen all around the world and all around every line of business.
Wenzhou , a beautiful city with beautiful food and beautiful people . Just go and have a look!!!
gbsun

Post by gbsun »

I'm not good at writting,please give me some advice about my article above.
thank you very much~
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

Your text has some very interesting information.

A question: why did your teacher ask you to write this?

You could try to make it more attractive and persuasive by using adjective and noun combinations or even adverb and verb combinations. In English speaking countries it is normal to evoke emotion in a persuasive 'advertisement' like this one.

the contour of it looks like a mighty lion

Pay attention; don't forget verb inflection.
gbsun

thank you

Post by gbsun »

Listening to these words of yours is much better than reading books for ten years...
gbsun

Post by gbsun »

My teacher ask us to write about our hometown,
I've no idea of writting it,but I must hand it
in before deadline...I must try hard to improve
my writting skill,even though I was born in a
non-English-speaking country.
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

First of all, think about your motivation for writing the text.

Imagine that you're a travel agent and you're writing an article for a travel brochure. You have to write a text that will convince people to visit your home town.

So, sell your city. You have given many facts, but could you be more emotional about them? Is it acceptable in your culture to show emotion in this kind of text?