hi to everyone! please, help me about english vocabularies

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

hi to everyone! please, help me about english vocabularies

Post by tuba »

i am from turkey. now i am preparing my universty exam. and i can't memorize english words.this is very important for me. i want to be an english teacher and i must pass foreign language universty exam. i tried everything but i can'T. please help me! what's your advise?
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Try to find out the tasks in the test by internet or try to ask friends from higher grades.
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tuba »

Admiral wrote:Try to find out the tasks in the test by internet or try to ask friends from higher grades.
thanks for your advice i'll try it. my name is tugba and u?
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

If you're studying list after list of words, you'll probably forget them quickly.

Memorizing words is much easier when the word is one you consider useful at the time you see it, when you need to use it regularly as output or when you see it regularly in reading input or hear it in oral input.

In other words, memorizing is easier when it's frequent and important to you.

To learn vocabulary, read a lot (every day) and write a lot (every day); do this for many different reasons and on different subjects.

Learning vocabulary is a long process; it doesn't happen from day to night!
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tuba »

jeffcox wrote:If you're studying list after list of words, you'll probably forget them quickly.

Memorizing words is much easier when the word is one you consider useful at the time you see it, when you need to use it regularly as output or when you see it regularly in reading input or hear it in oral input.

In other words, memorizing is easier when it's frequent and important to you.

To learn vocabulary, read a lot (every day) and write a lot (every day); do this for many different reasons and on different subjects.

Learning vocabulary is a long process; it doesn't happen from day to night!

:D thank you very much for your reply and advices.yes learning vocabulary is a long process.absolutely true. i must study hard.ohhh poor i
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

That's my point... you don't have to study hard!!!

You should enjoy yourself more... if you enjoy it, you do it more and you remember it better.
CityYoung
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by CityYoung »

if you want to learn new Vocab you should read books . and if you want to Memorize new word start to write pragraphs . good luck :wink:
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tuba »

CityYoung wrote:if you want to learn new Vocab you should read books . and if you want to Memorize new word start to write pragraphs . good luck :wink:
thanks for your replies my friends :D
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

jeffcox is right!
Write and read here on the forums at english club all that you can.
emrekaratas

Post by emrekaratas »

her kelimenin anlamını karşına çıktığı anda öğrenmen gerek. sakın erteleme. güzel de bir sözlük al kendine. English - English.