Annoying, pulling my hair out

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

marcoos

Annoying, pulling my hair out

Post by marcoos »

Uurrrrrggghhh!

Uurrrrrggghhh!

There is no soch word, it soo iratating and unbelevabel how can anathor natian sloughter an allready egsiting languadge and very goood longstanding langadge.

r

m
:?
Tharos

Post by Tharos »

Argh! Your biting tongue cuts my sensibilities like a knife.

Upon first reading your commentary I’m thinking, “Huh? What kind of a jerk would write something like this?” But after thinking it over a bit I found my attitude changing. “Hmmmmm..., I wondered, what if this good person is correct? What if the use of these non-words in writing is an affront to the English language? Could this type of lexicon possibly slaughter the English language and presumably bring about the end of civilization as we know it?”

After considering the premise for a moment, I said to myself, “Nah...”

Umm, are you felling a bit stressed my good fellow? Before jumping into a diatribe over the use of, err, words you don’t like, please provide us with your proposal on how we properly communicate sounds for which there are no English words? How do I communicate, “Grr, what kind of an idiot would insult me for using uurrrrrggghhh?”

Of course the use of the previous sentenance is insulting and my goal is not to insult you; however, my good Sir, you must understand that after thinking about your comment for a while my response to your premise using these expressions somehow slaughters an already existing and longstanding language is, “Bah, humbug.”

If I was to be nit-picky, looking over you spelling I could, umm, errrr, suggest your spelling is an affront to the English language and you need to buy a dictionary, eeh? But I respect you for showing a lot of oomph, so I won’t personalize this. I do respectfully disagree with you and suggest you ask your doctor for some Prozac.
marcoos

Post by marcoos »

Actually my pet hate is not the misspelling of words or the sound of words. Moreover, it’s the blatant [e.g.] bastardization of already existing words. The number one ranking word that can upset a whole Movie or television show for me is the word ‘gotten’

Regards

Marcos