would you help me understanding the dialogue?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

jkprimon

would you help me understanding the dialogue?

Post by jkprimon »

During battle scenes, if a superior officer said, "Start shooting!" then "you can leave a load in your pants later!", what would he mean?
Last edited by jkprimon on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
imad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: would you help me understanding the dialogue?

Post by imad »

I myself haven't undrestood :oops: :oops: :oops:
sweetcurse
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sweetcurse »

I understood in turkish but i can't explain in english. :D :D I must be advanced to explain this translation in english. :D
Janette

The soldiers are afraid

Post by Janette »

>>> During battle scenes, if a superior officer said, "Start shooting!" then "you can leave a load in your pants later!", what would he mean?<<

This is hard to explain. I asked my friend. He is American Air Force soldier. He explained it but he was embarrassed because of the dishonor of it. He doesn't like to explain slang to me :)

He says the officer was really telling his soldiers to be very brave. But this is slang and not proper English.

The officer should have said "Start Shooting!" then "You can be very afraid later!"

The officer means that if the men want to live they must be brave over their fear and shoot or they will be captured or killed by their enemy.

They cannot be afraid right now or the fear will make them stop fighting and surrender. The officer tells them they can be afraid later, but not now.

"leave a load in your pants" does not just mean "be afraid."

If you "leave a load in your pants" then your fear is so big that you make dirty mess inside your pants like a little boy child. This would be great embarrassment.

The officer was insulting the soldiers honor by saying they could do this later if they needed to, but he insulted them to make them angry and stronger so they would fight hard and win.
jkprimon

Thank you so much!!

Post by jkprimon »

Thank you for replying for my question, everyone!!

Janette, you are kind enough to ask to your friend. It helped me a lot. I'm really grateful for your help!!