words in the news

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

my sweetest fellow... you have just copied and pasted the article from BBC learning English web-page... :mrgreen:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Tora wrote:my sweetest fellow... you have just copied and pasted the article from BBC learning English web-page... :mrgreen:
Even if he did that, you shouldn't react like that..
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I'm afraid I may chose the way I react to some posts. I find it impolite and rather rude to post articles and the vocabulary he had not moved a finger to work with...
if mentarget chooses an article, writes out the vocabulary and present it here - be sure - I'll be the first to encourage him :roll:
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter that the original poster copied the article from another website and didn't write anything in his own words.He should have just posted the link too and it was probably the only mistake that he made.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Don't think I am competing... Why do you think I pretend to be competing, just give us a link when you copy something. Sharing something that someone has given you (as you say) is gossiping I believe. I'm out if it :roll:

well, I guess I was wrong thinking of you as a male one, let's settle that we are both female if you are, just phonetics of you nickname bedeviled me I guess, this is the only one that I am sorry if you wish :lol:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

mentarget wrote:I am male. Mentarget is a name I got from a movie- Robocop 3. That is the name of the Antagonist.

That is where I got the name.
so no misconception for my own part, just thought that mentarget means that you are a target for men :roll: it is very nice for the ladies I must say
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I see nothing wrong with what mentarget did. Even the title of his topic, words in the news, says it all. He just shared what he thought would be useful to increase our vocabulary so, we should be thankful for this.
As opposed to what tora said as gossip, gossip has a negative intent or purpose. Since no malicious act was done, it's not considered a gossip. It was done with good and honest intention.
Whether he used the link or not doesn't matter at all. Honestly, I just learned how to create the link here...Let's just not act as if we're better than the others. Isn't it better if we all learn something good at the same time. And help each other to recall what we have learned. Not looking for something to smear someone.
I thought I would be happy joining EC, but I guess, I was wrong. If I would be asked to make a list of all the wrongs done to me here, you would be surprised...I'm also as sensitive as anyone of you here. I have not found anyone perfect here, neither am I perfect, then why can't we just help each other for the good of each one. Isn't it more meaningful and sensible. You've been here longer than I, but why it seems to me everyone's new...anyway, goodluck to all of your honest intentions.
Last edited by Krisi on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

It's okay to copy and paste something that someone else has written if you think others will find it useful, so there's no reason to criticize Mentarget for posting the BBC article.He just wanted to help others learn something new.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

mentarget wrote:I am male. Mentarget is a name I got from a movie- Robocop 3. That is the name of the Antagonist.

That is where I got the name.
I watched Robocop movies when I was a kid, it was good movies. I very liked his helmet. :)