Global citizenship starts at home

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Global citizenship starts at home

Post by Nanning »

It is a topic for the China Central Television English Speaking Contest.
I don't know how to make a speech that can impress the judges in 3 minutes.
Could anybody help or just give a hint?
Thank you in advance.
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

Why are you all looking so nonchalant? Don't you have anything to say about this topic? Whatever you want to say is a great help to me. I think we have a lot of talents here in englishclub, please do not reserve yourself!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Wow! your goal is to impress the judges in 3 minutes. :lol:

You know Nanning you're funny. You're informing us that you want to impress the judges but look, here you are, trying to impress us first before the judges. :lol: Have you not thought of this? :wink:

(we're all learners here. I think you're more talented than anyone of us here so don't collect ideas from here. On the first place you won't be asked to join that contest if you're without a talent, dear. You need to consult a professional if you're badly in need of ideas. Goodluck. :wink: )
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

I seem to be flattered!!
I only know that if you are a learner, you should always keep learning. There is no difference between a beginner and a learner who has learnt for his whole life, I mean the attitude he shows to the learning.
I always want to learn those who will like to teach me, thank you.
By the way, the speech contest ended yesterday. We lost as you have expected.So sad!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Nanning wrote: I only know that if you are a learner, you should always keep learning.
Yes, this is true. Living is a continuous way of learning.
Nanning wrote: I always want to learn those who will like to teach me, thank you.
No one forbids you to learn.
Nanning wrote: By the way, the speech contest ended yesterday. We lost as you have expected.So sad!

Please don't be sarcastic! I didn't wish for your team to lose. I have wished you luck and I meant it!
(I wonder why you have thought negatively?)
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

I don't care what you say,you go your way and I go mine!
My version of the title:
I didn't realize that globalization is so near us until the day when China-ASEAN Expo was held in Nanning. Now with the fast developemtn of China-ASEAN Free trade Area and the Pan-Beibu Gulf economic Cooperation, we must take up the challenge of globalization.
Charlse Darwin told us the principle of jungle: the survival of the fittest. In the context of globalization, we first have to become a global citizen. Otherwise our game is over even before we ever start it.
(To Be Continued)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Please refer to the following link below:

Charles Darwin: Naturalist

Principle of Population

For online reading* please check the web for more information.
Charles Darwin: Evolution of A Man and His Ideas.(Particulary under the topic - Conflicting Ideas on Natural Selection)

xie xie (Thank You)

P.S.
( :arrow: :?: Are you connected to any kind of religion?)
Last edited by Krisi on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

I do not believe in any religion.But I have some interests in learning what they are.
Something you have spent too much time on can be said to be your religion. Like those netizens who cannot have a nice day without turning on their computers.
Charles Darwin might have a lot of his thoughts before he wrote down the Principle of Jungle.
I do not need to know anything other than the above.

Merry Christmas!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Nanning wrote:I do not believe in any religion.But I have some interests in learning what they are.
Something you have spent too much time on can be said to be your religion. Like those netizens who cannot have a nice day without turning on their computers.
Charles Darwin might have a lot of his thoughts before he wrote down the Principle of Jungle.
I do not need to know anything other than the above.

Merry Christmas!

I've read Charles Darwin as a Naturalist and found out that Charles Darwin's idea was conflicting with his Religion and he tried to create a false front.
johnwill

Re: Global citizenship starts at home

Post by johnwill »

Hi,
In us, citizenship English speaking is a major problem if you want to clear the interview round you have to learn basic English.it is not likely you would be able to pass the citizenship test. However, if you know enough to pass the test but don’t feel comfortable speaking the language. if you want any kind of help related to US citizenship you can visit Dygreencard they will help you to apply for citizenship.