TOEFL and IELTS, which is better?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

naveenabraham

Re: TOEFL and IELTS, which is better?

Post by naveenabraham »

I would suggest you to go for TOEFL. I have myself taken up the IELTS exams, and i must say it is very easy for a person who can speak the basic english. But, TOEFL on the other hand goes much more in depth.
Pheakdey

Post by Pheakdey »

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing to ask for the meaning of TOEFL and IELTS. I mean it's the abbreviations, right? But I have just been studying for a bit, so I might not know its full words. If you dont mind, will you tell clearly about them? I would be grateful if you could send me details of them. I was looking forward to receiving from yours.
Yours faithfully
Pheakdey
thomasz

Post by thomasz »

I hope my language will better.
sunhoek

Post by sunhoek »

Cora wrote:Now i really want to study Toefl or Ielts but i'm not sure which is better and more helpful for me if i want to study after University. Then i wonder whether it will effect my American - British Pronunciation if study IELTS? (since my major at University is Business English. I'm taught by American teachers ) :)

Hello Cora, I had sit on IELTS test for appling for a vocational course in Australia. Normally, IELTS test is used for either those who are wanting to immegrate to English-speaking counries such as Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and currently or partly in United States or those who are planing to study for futhur education like your purpose in English-speaking countries. And there are two kind of module which are called Academich module and General Traning module. I think what you have to do before you decide what you are selecting from them is to choose which school you want to study in and take a look at the web site and finally select it. I wish my advice could help you decide which one is better for you.

Best regards,
Sunho