Although I posted this in the Help Each Other With English....may be here is the place where many people look at....Listening:+ Study at home:Warm up your skill:
- First, you need to listen and write, you can buy an English compact disc at the disc shop, or use MP3. Listening once, how can use understand the meaning of the paragraph you just listen to? How many percent you understand? Do you know the words? Listening again. Write down all what you hear on the paper, if you can’t hear something, you can listen again, until you think that you write all of them on the paper. Check again and compare with the script….You don’t need to do it forever….Just 1 or 2 week….your skill will be better….
- Second, turn on the stereo when you at home and let English around your house, so you can hear it everywhere even you are in the kitchen. No need for you to understand, it just helps you to get used to English environment….
- Do it until you think that you can listen to a foreigner easily…
Now you are an average English listener:
- Keep on listening, but now, you don’t have to write, just listen and understand….Sometime you can have your own test….+ Study at school:
- Listening carefully to your teacher’s voice, and when he turns on the stereo, listening carefully because may be he would ask you about it….
- Be careful with the listening test, there is so many people afraid of it, but if you are a real English listener, why you have to scare about it….Speaking:+ Warm up:
- Studying vocabulary.
- Studying how to use to-infinitive and other tenses.+ Training:
- Find someone around you to talk with you, or you can talk with yourself, thinking about a topic, speak out everything you are thinking, like as you are having 2 roles….
- Talking with your teacher, your classmate….+ Real life:
- Talking with foreigners or your friends when you are around the town….
Note: Your pronunciation has to be clear….Writing:
- A paper and a pen, thinking about a topic. For example:Do you like to live in city or in country? Why?
- Try to use the dictionary to find new words, and remember when you found and used it…It’s one of good ways to learn vocabulary….
- Ask someone good at English help you to check and find the mistakes….
- Try to translate an essay or a story from your language to English or from English to your language…..Note:
Take care of grammars….Reading:
- Reading books….Try to understand….Write new words….Read and check your pronunciation and stress……
Good luck! Denvinbo!