Please correct my grammar mistakes

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

GawDesmond

Please correct my grammar mistakes

Post by GawDesmond »

Hi English experts,
please correct my grammar mistakes,thanks.

I felt extremely tired yesterday hence I drank a copious amount of coffee and I am suffering currently. My heart is quite painful as I have had diarrhea since yesterday evening therefore I have to apply one day’s work leave today. I thought I had recovered from IBS but I was wrong. I am really not sure if I am unfortunate or fortunate because I found a new website yesterday afternoon where I have learned a few new words from some English experts and the unfortunate thing is that my cell phone battery has been spoilt.
Kellogg

Re: Please correct my grammar mistakes

Post by Kellogg »

I am not an expert, but I think that you have done a very good job.

I felt extremely tired yesterday, so I drank a lot of coffee. ["A copious amount" IS excellent English, but Americans usually do not use such formal language.] As a result, I have been suffering from severe diarrhea since yesterday evening; therefore, I have to apply for one day's work leave today. I really am not sure whether I am fortunate or unfortunate, for I found a new website yesterday afternoon that taught me some new words. The only thing that I regret is that my cellphone will not work because the battery _________________.

I do not understand your use of the word "spoiled." Do you mean you have to recharge your battery? Do you mean that you have to buy a new battery? (P.S. We usually do not say "My heart is quite painful." If you want to, you could say "I am very sad / distressed / upset.")
GawDesmond

Post by GawDesmond »

Hi Kellogg,
Yes, I mean I need to recharge the battery of my cell phone frequently. Sorry for this late reply and thanks for your marking.
GawDesmond

Post by GawDesmond »

Hi Kellogg,
I have a question,when can I use 'for' to replace 'because'?