A complain

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

killoKILLO

A complain

Post by killoKILLO »

Hi, i made a forma email for a complaining an englush teacher head, and im not sure if i have gramatical mistakes, or if the email can be better expressed or more formal (i want the most formal possible). Can you check it? thanks a lot!

Dear Ms Sanchez,
I am writing to complain about school schedule, which I am currently studying at second A levels in Juan Manuel Zafra.

I am in scientific and technological second A levels, and I could explain you this email on behalf of all students in the course. I think we have a lot hours for each subject, and if we had less hours of school, we would have more efficiency, such as the documentI have attached says. Spain is the country with more school hours and the worst results.
Moreover, this year is very hard and stressful, and since we have an exam every day, I can not sleep the hours I need enough at my age. So as I told you, we need not so many hours of school, and I would be grateful if you could let us start classes at 10 ante meridiem.
Finally, due to I explained you before, we do not have time for rest, so I wonder if you would convince the teachers for relax the number of exams and homework they order.

Many thanks for kindly considering my requests, I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely, Javier Garcia Alvarez
knowable

Re: A complain

Post by knowable »

Dear Ms. Sanchez,

I am writing concerning the school timetable.

I am second A level student in science and technology and I am speaking for majority in regards to the matter. We feel that we are spending too much time in class which leaves us with little or no time for anything else outside school. This year has been particularly hard and stressful as we have had exams every day. I personally am not getting enough hours of sleep and would appreciate if you could give this matter a consideration.

Besides not getting enough sleep or relaxation time we do not find long studying hours have any positive effect on our grades. In fact, Spain is one of the countries that have been found to have long school hours and poor grade results. One change that would improve our situation is to have classes start at ten o’clock, fewer exams and less homework. I have attached a link to a document that supports that such a move would lead to better grades.

Your consideration to this matter will be greatly appreciated as would be cooperation of the other teachers.

Yours sincerely,
Javier Garcia Alvarez