Checking a paragraph

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Mlearner

Checking a paragraph

Post by Mlearner »

Dear friends/teachers,

Is the following paragraph grammatically correct?

As far as I am concerned, regarding all the privileged aspects of people's significant role, one would make a valid point to state that a combined program in which both financially powerful people and the government should provide conditions in the society by which poor people can enjoy a more splendid life.

Regards,
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Checking a paragraph

Post by Joe »

I don't fully understand your para but I can make the following suggestions (in CAPITALS):

As far as I am concerned, regarding all the privileged aspects of people's significant role, one would make a valid point to state that a combined program in which both financially powerful people and the government should provide conditions in [THE - delete] society by which poor people can enjoy a BETTER LIFE.

You are stating that...

a combined program in which both financially powerful people and the government should provide conditions in [THE - delete] society by which poor people can enjoy a BETTER LIFE

but there is no verb to follow your subject. Impossible.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven