Sentence structure

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Goldenboy

Sentence structure

Post by Goldenboy »

Thank you for all your help.
What do you think of the structures of the following sentences? If you think they are wrong , please help to restructure them.

1. You think because he was born in England, he would speak better english, but that is not the case as he is speaking skills are poor.

2. If you see his brother, you will think is him,because they look alike.

3. If you saw his brother, you would think he was him, because they look alike or looked alike.

4. I may have other plans in the morning,but I will let you know if I will attend the dinner on Friday.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Sentence structure

Post by Joe »

1. You would think (that) because he was born in England he would speak better English, but that is not the case as his speaking skills are poor. :ok:

2. If you see his brother, you will think it is him because they look alike. :ok:

3. If you saw his brother, you would think he was him because they look alike. :ok:

3. If you had seen his brother, you would have thought it was him because they looked alike. :ok:

4. I may have other plans in the morning, but I will let you know if I will attend the dinner on Friday. (original ok) :ok:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven