After or Because? Which do you use?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

miyuminz

After or Because? Which do you use?

Post by miyuminz »

Although I was very surprised at their advice:"Maybe you should go out and see the world rather than stay in this country.", I thought it was a good chance to prove that I was okay. ( I had to stay at home for about two years to recover from my illness.)

Which one of the following sentences should be followed in this case?
1. I had already become healthy again, and taken on different challenges to change my life.
2. Until then, I had become healthy again, and I had taken on different challenges to change my life.
3 After I had become healthy again, I had taken on different challenges to change my life.
4. Because I had become healthy again, I had taken on different challenges to change my life.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: After or Because? Which do you use?

Post by Joe »

1. I had already become healthy again, and taken on different challenges to change my life.
2. Until then, I had become healthy again, and I had taken on different challenges to change my life. :nok:
3. After I had become healthy again, I had taken on different challenges to change my life. :ok:
4. Because I had become healthy again, I had taken on different challenges to change my life.

I think 3 is the one you want but it's a difficult question because it's rather subjective and only you understand the whole story (even though I appreciate you have tried to explain it :roll:).

2 is definitely not right (it's not really English) :twisted:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven