Is this correct? Need help

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

hossbie

Is this correct? Need help

Post by hossbie »

Hi you all,

First of all, I want to say hello to everybody, I'm just new in here.
Wanted to ask you a couple of things, one is a grammar question and the other an advice...
I'm from Spain and learned English as I could in Boston, so I apologize in advance if I'm wrong, writing...
I am writing a song lyric for one of my compositions and I'm wondering if this is correct:

How long called for?,
Why I didn't meet you before?

What I want to say is that has been so long that I have been asking myself "why I didn't meet you before" but "How long called for" it sounds great and fits perfectly in rhythm and melody of the song... if it had to be other expression would have to fit and rhyme with "before"... Any suggestions?

On the other hand, I just started to write lyrics in English. Do you know some online place where I have good resources, like a good synonyms place or rhyme suggestions place?

Thank you in advance!
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Is this correct? Need help

Post by Joe »

To answer your second question, are many rhyming resources and thesauruses for synonyms (and antonyms) on the web.

Start at EnglishClub Online Dictionaries.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Sheebamary

Re: Is this correct? Need help

Post by Sheebamary »

Asked me long so forth
Why i dint meet you before.
This is for your first question. And for your secind question you can use thesaurus to find synonyms lists and more words and idioms too. Hope it helps.