Which of these sentences are correct from the point of view of participle clauses

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Mohmosh

Which of these sentences are correct from the point of view of participle clauses

Post by Mohmosh »

Hi there,
I have read an article about different combinations for making a compound sentence using participle clauses/phrases and their applications in a sentence. Hence, I have tried to make some compound sentences. However, I am not sure if they are correct or not. I would be appreciative if someone would correct my mistakes.

Tnxs.

1- I needed a holiday, spent in Ohio. [AS A SHORTENED RELATIVE CLAUSE]

2-He was late to class for the third time this week, missing his exam. [FOR EXPRESSING THE RESULTS]

3- The storm lasted for five days straight, ruining all buildings. [FOR EXPRESSING THE RESULTS]

4- Having affected by climate change, the storm lasted for five days straight. [FOR EXPRESSING THE REASON]

5- Avoiding to disturb other neighbors, they moved quietly through the house. [FOR EXPRESSING THE REASON]

6-Not wanting to disturb other neighbors, they moved quietly through the house. [FOR EXPRESSING THE REASON]

7-Dark chocolate has health benefits, reducing one's blood pressure. [FOR EXPRESSING THE RESULT]

8-Eaten regularly every morning, dark chocolate has health benefits. [FOR A CONDITIONAL CASE]