How can I write this sentence in a more suitable and correct way?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

andreinixon

How can I write this sentence in a more suitable and correct way?

Post by andreinixon »

"Within the project, we will use both quantitative data, such as the energy export and import statistics of both the US and China and qualitative data, energy security reports of these states."
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: How can I write this sentence in a more suitable and correct way?

Post by Joe »

andreinixon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:29 pm "Within the project, we will use both quantitative data, such as the energy export and import statistics of both the US and China and qualitative data, energy security reports of these states."
Yes, bit of a mouthful. I would suggest you place the parenthetical information within brackets to make it crystal clear:

Within the project, we will use both quantitative data (such as the energy export and import statistics of both the US and China) and qualitative data (such as the energy security reports of those states).

Within the project, we will use both quantitative data (such as the energy export and import statistics of both the US and China) and qualitative data (such as the energy security reports of those states).

Another option might be to use bullet points:

Within the project, we will use both:
  • quantitative data (such as the energy export and import statistics of both the US and China), and
  • qualitative data (such as the energy security reports of those states)
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven