How to replace the word "RESTITUTED"

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

AnetaK

How to replace the word "RESTITUTED"

Post by AnetaK » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am

Hi All,

I work in a Company offering scientific services. In Contracts we have the following sentence:

'The Customer will have unlimited access to all lab books at any time. All project lab books will be restituted at the end of the project, also if the collaboration is terminated prematurely for any reason.'

Restituted is very unclear for our clients (in the majority they are not British). We do not know who is responsible for that word here. How can we replace that word? We mean by that sentence that we keep/storage/archive the lab books. I wish it sounds professional.

Thanks in advance!
Aneta

Safari
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: How to replace the word "RESTITUTED"

Post by Safari » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:38 am

AnetaK wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am
Hi All,

I work in a Company offering scientific services. In Contracts we have the following sentence:

'The Customer will have unlimited access to all lab books at any time. All project lab books will be restituted at the end of the project, also if the collaboration is terminated prematurely for any reason.'

Restituted is very unclear for our clients (in the majority they are not British). We do not know who is responsible for that word here. How can we replace that word? We mean by that sentence that we keep/storage/archive the lab books. I wish it sounds professional.

Thanks in advance!
Aneta
The word restituted would be the past tense of the (rare) verb restitute. There is an associated noun: restitution. But the meaning does not seem to be appropriate for your needs.

I would recommend you just say:
All project lab books will be archived at the end of the project, also if the collaboration is terminated prematurely for any reason.
OR, better still:
At the end of the project, or if collaboration is terminated prematurely for any reason, all project lab books will be archived.

Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: How to replace the word "RESTITUTED"

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:38 am

AnetaK wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Aneta
I second Safari. :ok:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven