Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Post Reply
Hasib
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 am
Status: Learner of English

Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 am

1. I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

2. I don't want to see any more submitted posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

3. I don't want to see any more posts being submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

User avatar
Safari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:10 am
Status: Other

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Safari » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 am

Hasib wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 am
1. I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

2. I don't want to see any more submitted posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

3. I don't want to see any more posts being submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.
It's hard to say because you don't explain the context. But in general, the most natural would be:

I don't want to see any more posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment from God. :ok:

However, IF you are for example a webmaster and responsible for forum post submissions, then it might be appropriate to say:

I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment from God. :ok:

Hasib
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 am
Status: Learner of English

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 am

What's the problem in number 3 sentence ?

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: Teacher of English

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Joe » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am

Hasib wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 am
What's the problem in number 3 sentence ?
It’s not English.

We say “punishment from God”.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

Hasib
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 am
Status: Learner of English

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Sir is there any difference between "being sumbitted" and "submitted". I have a confusion in there meaning.

Hasib
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 am
Status: Learner of English

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Hasib wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Sir is there any difference between "being sumbitted" and "submitted". I have a confusion in their meaning.

Post Reply