I want to check if I have many grammar mistakes.

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

JohnyCool

I want to check if I have many grammar mistakes.

Post by JohnyCool »

English was not my 1st language. It is not my mother tongue but over the years it became my 1st language as I use it more than my mother tongue language and I am starting to forget my mother tongue language as well.

When talking I do clearly have an accent. However I have been told in some forums that my grammar is not perfect. Which I did not expect that it was but I did not expect it to be so noticeable.

I am unable to detect it and I tried to use online services to find out but I could not.

So I am here to ask some experts to tell me how obvious are my grammar mistakes.

What would be the best way to find out?

What can be done to find out.

I would like to know how obvious are my grammar mistakes and to have them pointed out for me as well.

I studied under British and Canadian system schools and graduated Higschool in the USA.

I tried to post this 2 days ago but it did not get posted yet. I will try to get the username fixed and add another n.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: I want to check if I have many grammar mistakes.

Post by Joe »

JohnyCool wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:13 pm English was not my 1st language. It is not my mother tongue but over the years it became my 1st language as I use it more than my mother tongue language and I am starting to forget my mother tongue language as well.

When talking I do clearly have an accent. However I have been told in some forums that my grammar is not perfect. Which I did not expect that it was but I did not expect it to be so noticeable.

I am unable to detect it and I tried to use online services to find out but I could not.

So I am here to ask some experts to tell me how obvious are my grammar mistakes.

What would be the best way to find out?

What can be done to find out.

I would like to know how obvious are my grammar mistakes and to have them pointed out for me as well.

I studied under British and Canadian system schools and graduated Higschool in the USA.

I tried to post this 2 days ago but it did not get posted yet. I will try to get the username fixed and add another n.
English was not my 1st language. It is not my mother tongue but over the years it became my 1st language as I use it more than my mother tongue language and I am starting to forget my mother tongue language as well.

English is not my mother tongue. It was not my 1st language but over the years it has become my 1st language as I use it more than my mother tongue - which I am starting to forget. :ok:

When talking I clearly have an accent. Moreover I have been told in some forums that my grammar is not perfect. Not that I imagined it was perfect, but nor did I expect its imperfections to be so noticeable. :ok:

I am unable to detect my errors and I have tried - unsuccessfully - to use online services to find them. :ok:

So I am here to ask some experts to tell me how obvious my grammar mistakes are. :ok:

What would be the best way to find out? :ok:

What can be done to find out? :ok:

I would like to know how obvious my grammar mistakes are, and have them pointed out for me as well. :ok:

I studied under the British and Canadian school systems and graduated from high school in the USA. :ok:

I tried to post this 2 days ago but it did not get posted yet. I will try to get the username fixed and add another post. :ok:

E&OE :mrgreen:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
JohnyCool

Re: I want to check if I have many grammar mistakes.

Post by JohnyCool »

Thanks for the feedback.