" from generation to generation" or " from generation of generation"

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

zzclcn

" from generation to generation" or " from generation of generation"

Post by zzclcn »

The importance of traditional culture
Traditional culture is shared experiences that are transferred from generation to generation. They can exist at the level of a nation or community and can transcend borders.
Chinese traditional culture is one of the world's oldest cultures, originating thousands of years ago.
Economic globalization has brought about cultural diversity in China. As a result, many young people prefer to celebrate Christmas, Valentine's Day and other Western festivals to traditional Chinese festivals such as Dragon Boat Festival.
Competition among countries today is no longer a simple affair. It transcends economics and military might, and includes cultural soft power. Some developed countries are using their cultural soft power to the hilt to promote their values and ways of life across the world.
Under such circumstances, it is essential for China to strengthen the influence of its traditional culture and enhance Chinese people's sense of identity and national pride.

-------------------
www.nounplus.net/grammarcheck/ at this site,it tell me "from generation to generation" should be "from generation of generation"
I can not understand...
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: " from generation to generation" or " from generation of generation"

Post by Joe »

from generation to generation is correct :ok:

from generation of generation is not correct :nok:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
zzclcn

Re: " from generation to generation" or " from generation of generation"

Post by zzclcn »

thanks!
Could you please help me check if there are any other mistakes in this essay?