What about 21?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

zzpsx

What about 21?

Post by zzpsx »

One day, Frank was walking with his mother when they came to a pretty garden. Frank looked in, and __16__ that it had clean gravel paths(石子小道), and beds of beautiful __17__ all in bloom.
He called his mother and said, “Mother, come and look at this pretty garden. I wish I __18__ open the gate, and walk in.”
The gardener, being near, heard __19__ Frank said, and kindly invited him and his mother to come into the __20__.
Frank's mother thanked the man. Turning to her son, she said, “Frank, __21__ I take you to walk in this garden, you must take care not to meddle with(乱动) anything in it.”
Frank walked __22__ the neat gravel path, and looked at everything, but touched nothing that he saw.
He did not step on any of the borders, and was __23__ that his clothes should not brush the tops of the flowers, avoiding breaking them.
The gardener was much pleased __24__ Frank, because he was so careful not to get into mischief(捣乱). He __25__ him the seeds, and told him the names of many kinds of flowers and plants.
While Frank was admiring the beauty of a flower, a __26__ came to the gate, and finding it locked. He shook it hard. But it would not open. Then he said, “Let me in! Let me in! Will you let me into this garden?”
“No, indeed,” said the gardener. “I will not let __27__ in, for when I let you in yesterday, you meddled with my flowers, and pulled some of my rare(稀有的) fruit.”
The boy __28__ ashamed, and when he found that the gardener would not let him in, he went away__29__.
Frank saw and felt how much happier a boy may be by not meddling with what does not __30__ him.
He and his mother then continued their walk in the garden, and enjoyed the day very much.
Before they left, the gardener gave them some pretty flowers.
(  )16. A. enjoyed B. felt C. saw D. showed
(  )17. A. trees B. flowers C. plants D. grass
(  )18. A. should B. must C. could D. would
(  )19. A. what B. how C. why D. who
(  )20. A. house B. garden C. park D. yard
(  )21. A. if B. since C. unless D. though
(  )22. A. across B. through C. into D. along
(  )23. A. careless B. careful C. patient D. glad
(  )24. A. of B. for C. with D. on
(  )25. A. introduced B. took C. sold D. showed
(  )26. A. teenager B. kid C. boy D. man
(  )27. A. you B. me C. her D. him
(  )28. A. looked B. sounded C. stayed D. kept
(  )29. A. suddenly B. seriously C. happily D. slowly
(  )30. A. connect with B. belong to C. wait for D. agree with

I choose since. What do you think?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: What about 21?

Post by Joe »

since and if are possible
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven