What about 15? Is it a good question?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

zzpsx

Post by zzpsx »

"Where could Michael be?" I wondered aloud.
Michael was my classmate. He liked playing pranks on others.
He once put a sign that said "Sing to Me!" on(1)   back. It was terrible. Everywhere I went,people I didn't even know started singing to me. When I realized what was happening,I got really(2)   .
Another time,he embarrassed Nicole during sharing time. Nicole was shy. She(3)   shared;she always said, "Pass. " But what did Michael do when it was his turn to share?He asked, "Did everybody(4)   how Nicole's new blue dress matches her eyes? " Nicole's face turned bright red. Poor Nicole!
It was Valentine's Day that day. I was sure Michael was up to something somewhere,(5)   he always was. No way was I going to let him pull a prank — ruining someone's Valentine's Day.
I(6)   him everywhere. Lunch break was almost over. I must find him and stop him. When I got to the classroom,there was Michael Peterson,at Michael Rogers's desk,digging in his(7)   of valentines !
"Hurry and help me, "said Michael as soon as he(8)   me.
At first I thought he was stealing valentines from Michael Rogers's box. However,the more I watched,the more puzzled I became. He was putting valentines(9)   .
Seeing my expressions,he told me that he found Michael Rogers's box was(10)   when he was passing out his valentines. Michael Rogers was new and Mrs.Karcher must have forgotten to put his name on the list,so(11)   made him a card.
I suddenly realized I had also(12)   to prepare a valentine for Michael Rogers.
"But everyone made one for me," Michael continued, "So I'm giving him my(13)   .Since we've got the same name — Michael."
I stood there,not quite believing(14)   I was hearing. "Is Michael Peterson the one who always pulled pranks on us?" I asked myself. Maybe he was kind of(15)   in a hidden sort of way.

(1)A.my B.his C.her D.its
(2)A.tired B.bored C.angry D.nervous
(3)A.often B.never C.always D.sometimes
(4)A.mind B.record C.notice D.decide
(5)A.or B.but C.unless D.because
(6)A.stayed with B.talked about C.shouted at D.looked for
(7)A.box B.pocket C.wallet D.school bag
(8)A.saw B.met C.found D.caught
(9)A.up B.in C.away D.back
(10)A.old B.pretty C.empty D.special
(11)A.nobody B.anybody C.somebody D.everybody
(12)A.refused B.forgotten C.expected D.remembered