Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

nino

Re: Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Post by nino »

hi everbody

i am smoking and i know smoking is very bad for my health!!!
i pay a lot of money for ciggarette its enough stop!!!!!we are not allowed to smoke in closed area so whats the problem??!!!
emilkatok

Post by emilkatok »

I agree , that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.
Cigarettes are unhealthy, but everything is for people. In my opinion we can drink alcohol , smok cigarettes , take a drags. More and more people use from this things. Our national budgete can increase. Mayby, a high taxes encourage people to stop buy this things .
RogelikIID

Post by RogelikIID »

I believe that smokers are a nuisance to other people but higher taxes for cigarettes doesn't solved the problems with them. For exapmple my grandma smoked all live. When she lived prices for cigarettes had been higher and higher and she didnt stop smoke So I think that it will not help.
AAAAAn

Post by AAAAAn »

Hi, everyone. In my opinion, I think smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes. Because smoking lead to many diseases such as heart attack and respiratory system deceases. And smoke may end up as some sever problems. as the matter of fact, if the smoker pay more higher taxes for cigarettes, maybe they will stop smoking, and then there are many problems will slow quick.
mwbiubiubiu

Post by mwbiubiubiu »

I disagree that smokers should pay high taxes.
Cigarettes are unhealthy, but anything would be harmful if you had too much. Like sugars, people like them and think they're fine for their body, but if people eat too much, they will get all kinds of illness.There are a lot of people who smoke a lot, and at the same time, they know the risk that causes. By rising cigarettes in high price can decrease the amount that people bought, who knows they are not buying it illegally? In many countries, the aggravating trend of the increasing aging population, have slowly caused the productivity decrease. There will be too much of elder. In a cruel way, they are mostly of useless, and they are wasting the resources. And cigarettes can cause many harmful consequences, like cancer such things, which can decrease the population. So for all what I have been talking about is that people should have the freedom of choosing what they want to do and have the same opportunity to buy all kinds of things.
JzMoriarty

Post by JzMoriarty »

I disagree with this, because nowadays there are thousands of people are the smokers. Although I am not a smoker, but I know that cigarettes are harmful and it will kill you. If you are the smokers and you notice need to pay high taxes for cigarettes, will you gonna buy it? The answer is Yes. Because you cannot control yourself and the cigarettes just like drug, maybe it can keep some who enjoyed cigarettes but you never stop those people who take cigarettes as second life.
JzMoriarty

Post by JzMoriarty »

I disagree with this, because nowadays there are thousands of people are the smokers. Although I am not a smoker, but I know that cigarettes are harmful and it will kill you. If you are the smokers and you notice need to pay high taxes for cigarettes, will you gonna buy it? The answer is Yes. Because you cannot control yourself and the cigarettes just like drug, maybe it can keep some who enjoyed cigarettes but you never stop those people who take cigarettes as second life.
PYJimmyPrice

Post by PYJimmyPrice »

I think this is a great idea.
high taxes indeed reduce the consumers of cigarettes. Smoking can affect a person's health and may even kill a person, so the benefits of paying high taxes for cigarettes to this society are enormous.
I do not know whether high taxes of cigarettes will increase crimes or not, because some of people they will rob someone because they do not have enough money to buy a cigarette, but anyway I think high taxes of cigarettes is a really really great idea.
PYJimmyPrice

Post by PYJimmyPrice »

I think this is a great idea
High taxed indeed reduce the consumers of cigarettes. Smoking can affect a person’s health and may even kill a person, so the benefits of paying high taxes for cigarettes to this society are enormous.
I do not know whether high taxes of cigarettes will increase crimes or not, because some of people they will rob someone because they do not have enough money to buy a cigarette, but anyway I think high taxes of cigarettes is a really really great idea.
clstudenttt

Post by clstudenttt »

Personally speaking, I totally agree the statement. Cigarettes are harmful to our body and causing diseases such as lung cancer. Also, cigarettes are addictive. If someone constantly smoking, it is hard for him to give up this bad habit. In addition, second-hand-cigraettes are disruptive to others around the smoker. Therefore, due to these reasons, I believe the high taxes for cigarette are necessary. ;-)
mwbiubiubiu

Post by mwbiubiubiu »

From Jerry
Smoking is so bad for the smokers and will cause a series of diseases like heart diseases, lung cancer and high blood pressure. When smokers smoke, chemicals in tobacco like carbon monoxide will damage the blood vessels, narrow air ways and damage air sacs. So people gets oxygenated blood slower than before. Some people say that smoking can help you to stay awake, but CO will slow down the circulatory system and will slow down the rate of getting oxygen. Also, people who can’t quit smoking is because it is a long term disease.
CLCatherine

Post by CLCatherine »

Hey everyone
First of all, I agree with this view. I am in favor of raising the tax on cigarettes! Because raising taxes means that the overall cost of buying cigarettes increased. Many people will not be able to pay high taxes for a long time, and choose to quit smoking. So you can reduce the number of people who smoke. Smoking is not good for your health and others' health, can lead to heart disease, lung cancer. ..Taxes can be mandatory to help people quit smoking,That is a really great idea.
LZDERR

Post by LZDERR »

Well, I think it is not bad, because price will be up and it can control the smoking people do not wast money in smoking, but we should pay attention that the price should not go up quickly, we should make the price up step by step.
PYJimmyPrice

Post by PYJimmyPrice »

I think this is a great idea
High taxed indeed reduce the consumers of cigarettes. Smoking can affect a person’s health and may even kill a person, so the benefits of paying high taxes for cigarettes to this society are enormous.
JJAaron

Post by JJAaron »

i think it's not a good idea because smokers have the freedom to smoke. Taxes are not the useful way for them to smoke.
JJAaron

Post by JJAaron »

i think it's not a good idea because smokers have the freedom to smoke. Taxes are not the useful way for them to smoke.
TGlalalala

Post by TGlalalala »

In my opinion, not only smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes, but also everyone. Because there will be some new smokers to by them. Also, the old smokers may ask their friend who isn't a smoker to buy cigarettes for him or her.
But I just found out that a lot of designers are smoker because of their job. They always have a lot of work to do, so they usually stay up late to do them. So sometimes cigarettes is necessary, but we still need to help smokers to give up smoking.
TGlalalala

Post by TGlalalala »

In my opinion, not only smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes, but also everyone. Because there will be some new smokers to by them. Also, the old smokers may ask their friend who isn't a smoker to buy cigarettes for him or her.
But I just found out that a lot of designers are smoker because of their job. They always have a lot of work to do, so they usually stay up late to do them. So sometimes cigarettes is necessary, but we still need to help smokers to give up smoking.
AQDaDa

Post by AQDaDa »

I think it's not a good idea. First there is a new policy in China. That is you can't smoke in public places. So smoker will not effect your life(effect of air population is tiny). Although they are using cigarettes kill themselves. But they still choose to smoke ,so maybe they can't control themselves. Many poor families also have smokers. If taxes growing, they might get a big trouble.Like Drugs are expensive and illegal, but there are still some people using them. My opinion is smoker's taxes growing can't solve the problem, Only smoker's friend or family can save them from the hand of cigarettes.
KJKWYF

Post by KJKWYF »

Actually I don' t think high taxes can make smokers have any change, it can' t decrease smokers. They can choose they want to smoke or not, if someone really wants to smoke, no one can stop it. I think most of smoker know about their body, they know they can smoke or not.
syscar

Post by syscar »

Smoking is a bad habit. It can cause a lot of diseases. Meanwhile smoking is a waste of money. Besides, careless smokers may cause dangerous fires. It is harmful and it is not only bad for smokers themselves, but also bad for non-smokers.
Therefore, I hope all the smokers can give up smoking for themselves and also for the people around them. Smoking is harmful and it is not only bad for smokers themselves, but also bad for non-smokers.
Therefore, I hope all the smokers can give up smoking for themselves and also for the people around them.
JLuuudy

Re: Smokers Should Pay High Taxes for Cigarettes

Post by JLuuudy »

galina wrote:Hi, everyone.
I absolutely agree with the conception of high taxes for smokers.
The point is that there is not only threat for themselves, but also for people who are near them, espessially for pregnant women and teenagers. Youngsters usually don't aware danger from smoking completely. I think they only want to copiright behaviour their frends and want to show their ability to be resemble to older people.
I suppose that supplimentary taxes could be used for agitation and explanation the smoking hurm.
I agree what you said. I think let smokers pay high taxes for cigarettes is good for the smokers themselves,too. Some smokers may realised that smocking is bad for their health, but they still can't stop doing so. So, I think let smokers pay high taxes is a good action for both smokers themselves and the people around them.
MAYYYYY

Post by MAYYYYY »

I agree with the proposal of smokers should pay more taxes. Because smoking is harmful to everyone, not just the smoker. When people breathe in the smoke, they will be unhealthier. So smokers should pay more taxes on cigarettes.
EQEricquan

Post by EQEricquan »

I believe that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes. Because there are many smoker in China. For me, my aunt always smoke in the house, so make me always can smell of cigarettes in the room. Smoke is bad for people, smell much can make people died. So, I believe that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.
BLXAlala

Post by BLXAlala »

By increase the tax on cigarette, I think that is a good way to limit people smoke.
Everyone knows smoke is bad for health, but most of them cannot control themselves, so they also bad for the people who stand around him. So increase the tax this a good approach to solute this problem, and decrease the number of smokers.
CSISHANDSOME

Post by CSISHANDSOME »

I think this is a good idea , because smoking is bad to our health , if government do it , i think many people will give up cigarettes, it can help people to control themself
gwuruolinlin

Post by gwuruolinlin »

In my opinion, raise the text is a good way to reduce the number of people to buy cigarette. The cigarette not only bad for health, it also influences the air quality. :twisted: Cigarette is one of the reason that cause the air pollution.(people smokes) If government do that, not only can reduce the people get disease on cigarette, it also reduces the air pollution. {-;
sassybear

Post by sassybear »

hell yah!!! the smokers always smoke in streets, making it so disgustingly smelly. the biggest problem is the smokers don't care if their smoke is having bad effect on the people nearby. addition to paying high taxes for cigarettes, the government should set up laws against buying cigarettes (lol, is this too aggressive to the smokers?) i'm absolutely aggree to smokers pay high taxes for cigarettes. then they will get broke and never ever buy cigarettes again (muahaha, I am a devil XD)
Karinagtzga

Post by Karinagtzga »

I totally agree! Smoke cigarettes are the principal cause of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases. Paying high taxes for cigarettes could be one way to prevent those disseases.
tomdaiski

Post by tomdaiski »

I do not have a strong opinion to support or contradict this proposal. Smokers are legally free to smoke or quit smoking. Admittedly, if you smoke around susceptible persons like pregnant females or people with lung problems. the tobacco will do a harm to their health, however, it is practically infeasible to trace if you smoke in an open environment with no one around you or you smoke in a crowd. So the proponents of this tax should really think hard on how to implement the tax policy.
ZheLin

Post by ZheLin »

Smoking is harmful to the society and it is bad for people’s health. I think it is reasonable to pay high taxes for cigarettes. Therefore, some people will not smoke because of the high price. To be honest, I don’t smoke but I know the country earns countless money from these taxes. High taxes are also good for the country’s development.

I could understand the smokers are definitely against this because the tobacco industry is just profiteering.
cjkim

Post by cjkim »

Yes, I agree that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes. However, the current tax is higher than that of a fairly estimated cost. The health insurance fee of smokers should be higher than non-smokers, however, it also should be decreased because the estimated-increased health insurance fee for smokers is higher than the effect of smoking on smokers' health. In addition, smoking can affect other non-smokers, however, it just happens by the person who is rude. It should not affect all smokers. Smoking is a personal preference as drinking, eating fast foods.
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

agree
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.