since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

JLuuudy

Re: Smokers Should Pay High Taxes for Cigarettes

Postby JLuuudy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:58 pm

galina wrote:Hi, everyone.
I absolutely agree with the conception of high taxes for smokers.
The point is that there is not only threat for themselves, but also for people who are near them, espessially for pregnant women and teenagers. Youngsters usually don't aware danger from smoking completely. I think they only want to copiright behaviour their frends and want to show their ability to be resemble to older people.
I suppose that supplimentary taxes could be used for agitation and explanation the smoking hurm.

I agree what you said. I think let smokers pay high taxes for cigarettes is good for the smokers themselves,too. Some smokers may realised that smocking is bad for their health, but they still can't stop doing so. So, I think let smokers pay high taxes is a good action for both smokers themselves and the people around them.

MAYYYYY

Re: Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Postby MAYYYYY » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:23 am

I agree with the proposal of smokers should pay more taxes. Because smoking is harmful to everyone, not just the smoker. When people breathe in the smoke, they will be unhealthier. So smokers should pay more taxes on cigarettes.

EQEricquan

Postby EQEricquan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:19 am

I believe that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes. Because there are many smoker in China. For me, my aunt always smoke in the house, so make me always can smell of cigarettes in the room. Smoke is bad for people, smell much can make people died. So, I believe that smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

BLXAlala

Postby BLXAlala » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:56 am

By increase the tax on cigarette, I think that is a good way to limit people smoke.
Everyone knows smoke is bad for health, but most of them cannot control themselves, so they also bad for the people who stand around him. So increase the tax this a good approach to solute this problem, and decrease the number of smokers.

CSISHANDSOME

Postby CSISHANDSOME » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:02 am

I think this is a good idea , because smoking is bad to our health , if government do it , i think many people will give up cigarettes, it can help people to control themself

gwuruolinlin

Postby gwuruolinlin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:06 am

In my opinion, raise the text is a good way to reduce the number of people to buy cigarette. The cigarette not only bad for health, it also influences the air quality. :twisted: Cigarette is one of the reason that cause the air pollution.(people smokes) If government do that, not only can reduce the people get disease on cigarette, it also reduces the air pollution. {-;

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”