Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England

Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Post by TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:15 pm

Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it? Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

dream

My Happiness ....

Post by dream » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:02 am

Everything begin with us-Selfishness,Love,Happiness !!!

When we understand ourself they understand us.

If i love myself they love me.

My favourite phrase :

Our happiness is in our hands!!
Last edited by dream on Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

member

Post by member » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:50 pm

I am agree with you. I think if somebody is trying to find hapiness never will find. Be your best friend and try to do good things.
by

Eddy

Hello with all!

Post by Eddy » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:29 pm

hellouu
I'm new here, But i think that you have reason, becuase we need to know us fine and won't be difficult that somebody knows us.
Bye.

ABC

Post by ABC » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:59 am

I am agreed to this point.
Nobody will bring any happiness to you if you don't feel happy with them.
You always think that it's not worthy of doing. Maybe you have lost many chances and time to get happy things. But when you are trying to look for happiness for yourself, it will be far from you.

seewhome

happiness is struggling

Post by seewhome » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:27 pm

:o My mouth was gaping wide open when I see these words:

" noone can be happy by trying to fnd happiness"

What is, then, happiness? A windfall apple?

Of course, happiness can never be achieved if one takes everything one has for granted; when one can't see the true meaning of his life but keeps on the wild-goose chasing.

Yet Happiness is not there to wait for us. :!: Let me tell you this: one's struggle for happiness may not turn to fruition, but there's happiness ,also, in trying to find it.

La_Luna

Post by La_Luna » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:00 pm

I think you cannot look for hapiness... because it can't be considered as a goal, or something like that... hapiness is more like the way somebody lives, you can be happy every day of your life, since you can understand our life's made of good and bad moments, but, after all, it's so worthy, because each day is a new day, you can achieve your goals, can lost others and find new ones. So, CARPE DIEM...

snake

Post by snake » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:06 pm

life is trouble sea... we can not control it yourself :roll:

mdt

Post by mdt » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:34 pm

just another opinion :)
Sometime, you will feel happy if you don't expect to much from life. Personally, sometime simple things can make me very happy:)

raindrop

Post by raindrop » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:26 am

Happiness is a choice. You don’t need to search for it, happiness exist in everything you just have to change your view in order to see good points even in bad things.

seewhome

Post by seewhome » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:02 pm

Yes,Happiness comes through doors you did not think open.
Yes, Happiness is deeply felt when one takes a look around and thinks life couldn't be better.
Just like a trick in the aiming exercise, don't aim too hard at the bull eye. hey you, Relax, take it easy.

But Life isn't that easy. One cannot just hang around and stick to his favourite cheese, for one day the cheese would simply turn spoilt.
Yes, Life is a sea of trouble, someone has said, and don't you tell me you can survive in it without any struggle; that You are drowning, and you are happy?

Contentment is absolutely needed to enjoy the life. And so is hope, dream, and belief in a better still life.

Don't aim too high or too far. Yet more importantly, don't stop aiming at all.

----------------------------------------------
What makes this world go round,
will the answer let her down?

she is so sweet and young,
and her life has just begun.
What does her future hold,
will the story left unknown?
Will she make it through her day,
Or just let love find the way...


Part of me cries, part of me laughs
Part of me wants to question why...

Why is there joy, why is there pain?
Why is there laughter and tear?
Why is there sunshine and the rain? :wink: :wink: :wink:

ayeriyi

WHAT IS HAPPINESS?

Post by ayeriyi » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:28 pm

FOR STARTERS WE NEED TO DEFINE THE WORD " HAPPINESS".WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU AS INDIVIDUAL? FOR ME,IT'S ONE OF THOSE AMORPHOUS TERMS LIKE" LOVE ,HATE ,JEALOUSY AND FAITH"ACCCEPTED AND USED BY PEOPLE TO DESCRIBE THAT"FEELGOOD"
STATE OF BEING WHICH WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND BUT WHICH WE SO MUCH CHERISH AND DO ALL WE CAN TO PERPETUATE, FOR AS LONG AS WE CAN.INDIVIDUALITY IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THIS CONDITION, FOR WHAT SENDS A PERSON IN TO NIRVANA DRIVES ANOTHER INTO THE WAITING ARMS OF RAGE. SO , I SAY BON VOYAGE TO EVERYONE ONTHE QUEST SEARCHING FOR THAT TREASURE CALLED "HAPPINESS" [/i]

hiddenone

It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by hiddenone » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:50 am

:?: You'll se why I put the mark at the beginning of this line. Noone can say finding happiness is easy thing. It depends on what happiness you're looking for and how you satisfy with yourself. According to me, finding happiness is the way on it we have to go ahead and try us best to reach the point we wanna stop. For myself, I'm finding a lover but it seem not easy because maybe there's no love in the world of gays .However , I think I'm very lucky and happy to have found the best normal close friends. Is this the point on my way? I'm not sure but I still beleive that love never ends . There're just my opinions .Hoping someone can share with me this problem.

sinosly

where is happiness ?

Post by sinosly » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:30 am

[b][b]The problem is if you've never been expecting anything pleasant in your mind in advance or hunting for it,what's happiness to you? To most human beings,happiness is get what he's been expecting

sultana

Trying to find an apparent secret

Post by sultana » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:39 am

Happiness is inside of us; indeed we don’t have to find it. It’s in your soul. It’s the feeling that can satisfy you with peace, love.. Not with ambition or the feeling when you get whatever you want. People make it difficult to gain in it as searching. It’s not in hidden places or a secret that rarely people can achieve. You can feel it in a moment when you smell a fresh rose or see an affectionate smile from your friend. Not in philosophical terms, in your faith, surrendering yourself to Lord, whatever happens to you it’s from your Lord and you’ll be pleased with it. Happiness can shine to your soul when your heart really becomes your eyes.

Guest

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:01 am

Talking Point wrote:Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

What do YOU think? Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it? Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?

Hello I think sometimes even you tried so hard to get a little happiness you can get it .The world do not care about you at all .So what we can do is look for further not just under you nose.I do hope you can be happy every minut of your life ! :!:

Guest

Re: It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:25 pm

hiddenone wrote::?: You'll se why I put the mark at the beginning of this line. Noone can say finding happiness is easy thing. It depends on what happiness you're looking for and how you satisfy with yourself. According to me, finding happiness is the way on it we have to go ahead and try us best to reach the point we wanna stop. For myself, I'm finding a lover but it seem not easy because maybe there's no love in the world of gays .However , I think I'm very lucky and happy to have found the best normal close friends. Is this the point on my way? I'm not sure but I still beleive that love never ends . There're just my opinions .Hoping someone can share with me this problem.

member

Re: It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by member » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Love is possible in the gay community. Believe it and you will find it. Good luck

hongthanh

life is sucks...

Post by hongthanh » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:16 am

Hey ! Life is pain and lots of trouble.[/b]

member

Post by member » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:22 am

:lol: God is laughing in heaven.
:cry: But since I was born 24 years ago and now exists well, I have to exists on. My preferred philosophy is, Alas... I don't know yet...

eclub777

It's all in your mind

Post by eclub777 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:40 am

Everything depends on you nobody can't take from you.. If you are a smiling, happy, responsabable, honest, you got all these things that make you worthly. :lol:

Guest

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:02 pm

All of our feelings are only for a short time.
nobody can says that he or she is sad,happy or angry
for ever so trying to find an endless happiness is impossible
we can only feel it sometimes!!!

[/b]

kittycun

i can't find happiness

Post by kittycun » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:29 am

Sometimes i wonder that what happiness is.I have a simple life .i haven't to worried about anything but studying.I have many friends but sometimes i still fell so sad.I don't know where can i find happiness because i always try finding happiness.I don't know that"happiness is when u have something to do,domeone to love and bright future to hope"
i think i am so stupid

vicleetue

happiness

Post by vicleetue » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:35 am

I sometimes ask myself of what happiness is. It comes like a flash really because it comes and go very quickly. Sometimes a small item also can make me happy but sometimes not. But it's not my important matter. It's just what I should do to fight and gain happiness for myself. I wonder If I should do smt to achieve happiness or just wait for some day.Yeah it's my point. Thanks ( for reading).

muttalib

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

Post by muttalib » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:01 pm

yes, you can get lot of happiness by your honesty, trustworthy by your respectable life and give happiness to them who need it then you can get lot of happines. Sorry for broken english.

muttalib

Re: life is sucks...

Post by muttalib » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:06 pm

Life is a flower if you have feeling of its.

albert

Post by albert » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:29 pm

i thnk it depend on who we want to aproach to this topic
if we will be accept the every facts..about all of world may be we will be successful to fid happiness .in the other word if we could change our selves we will be to do it

muttalib

Post by muttalib » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:53 am

Yeah, happiness is a gifted of God, we will be always happy if we give to others which we want for himself. If we help the others God will be help us. In other word we can get lot of happiness by sacrifice.

muttalib

Post by muttalib » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:55 am

what about my message reply?

leeeunchang

hapiness is made by us........

Post by leeeunchang » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:55 am

i belive that hapiness is made by our willing..
yhe............ we can change our fate. i belive my dream. of course.
you all can make your dream. man.............
i agree that we have to fight to live well.
we should do our best for hapiness.
EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!

muttalib

Re: hapiness is made by us........

Post by muttalib » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:37 am

I agree with u...

Frogenic

Happiness is to bring happiness to others !

Post by Frogenic » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:35 am

As for me, I reckon the life live for others is life worthwhile. So if you just try to find out your happiness, you will fail. Let think of others, let make them happy for whatever you could do, when they are happy, it will be a reward for yourself !

Guest

Re: Happiness is to bring happiness to others !

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:17 am

Frogenic wrote:As for me, I reckon the life live for others is life worthwhile. So if you just try to find out your happiness, you will fail. Let think of others, let make them happy for whatever you could do, when they are happy, it will be a reward for yourself !
i agree with your point of view. there is a roverb in our culture that is 'HELPING OTHERS IS HAPPY' .

burself

happiness is from ur heart.

Post by burself » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:15 pm

happiness is really to find. wot is happiness??? :?:
my family dont have it, bec they look for another thing wot they think it is happiness. so, they r never treasure wot they have got. then, they have lost their happiness.
to me, happiness is when u can be ur self, u realize that the life is so nice, u know that someone always support u, trust u, n love u. n u cant look for them. u cant find ur happiness if u help someone for looking forward their greatful. u will be failure, u wil be down if they dont do that. u cant be happy.
let u live for u n others, u treat them by ur heart, not looking for return... u will get ur happiness. :D

leeeunchang

Re: hapiness is made by us........

Post by leeeunchang » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:03 am

[quote="muttalib"]I agree with u...[/quote]
to muttalib
i sent you e-mail, but my mail was sent back......
there is some error in a subsystem.
so.....
please... let me know your MSN messenger ID........
bye.......
i hope to see you soon.............

hello

hello

Post by hello » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:02 pm

8)
[/quote]

Code: Select all

[list][url][/url][/list]

trying to understand

happiness

Post by trying to understand » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:21 am

:shock: THESE WERE THE FEATURES OF MY FACE WHEN I READ ALL THOSE MESSAGES THAT PEOPLE HAVE HAPPENED TO WRITE. WHAT AMAZED ME WAS THE PASSION ALL OF YOU "POURED" ON IT. IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO SEE THIS KIND OF THINGS! AND BY THE WAY, WHAT IS THAT THING OF BEING HAPPY? IS IT A MERE CONCEPT, AN IDEAL THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO GAIN? I USED TO THINK THAT WAY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. HOWEVER, NOW, I BELIEVE WE CAN BE HAPPY, WE CAN FEEL LIKE THIS LIVING EVERYDAY LIFE. THOUGH WE CANNOT EXPECT EVERYTHING WILL BE WONDERFUL. THE POINT IS THAT WE'VE GOT TO "FIGHT" IN LIFE SO THAT WE CAN FREE FROM EVERYTHING THAT DON'T ALLOW US TO BE FREE. I MEAN TO SAY THAT THE MORE FREEDOM YOU ACHIEVE, THE BETTER YOU WILL FEEL , AND ONCE YOU'VE UNDERSTOOD THAT YOU NEED TO FEEL GOOD WITH YOURSELF, YOU WILL HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT IS TO BE HAPPY.

HELENYANG

THE HAPPY IN MY HEART

Post by HELENYANG » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:57 am

HI ALL THE HERE! HAPPY IS NOT LIVE EVERY'S HAERT. IF SO, THE WORLD WILL BE ANOTHER AND THE MANKIND WILL BE CHANGED .
INFACT, HAPPY LIVES IN EVERYONE'S HEART, IT IS NOT BE PRESSED ON FACES.

pham thi phuong thao

my point of view

Post by pham thi phuong thao » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:21 am

In my opinion, that concept has something wrong.
in our life if we want to get something, we just need to try our best.In daily life, happiness is not very difficult to reach if we know and understand what we need.For example, you want to have a happy family, you try to make every body happy.at that time you yourself also feel happy.How can we have happiness by sitting one place and do nothing.You can get it.The most important thing is that you know what you want and do as your mind wants, you will have happiness.
do you agree with me?

milly

feel happiness

Post by milly » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:10 am

:lol:
As matter of fact, you don't need look for happiness. because when you feel happiness, it is full around you. A long time ago, i do not think i am a happy girl. But later i adjust my mind, i have my beloved mother and father, and a elder sister. she give me good suggestion,when i came across difficulties. I am so luky. since then, i feel love from others. I think i am a lucky and happy girl exactly.

ANU

HAPPINESS

Post by ANU » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:28 am

HAPPINESS IS NOTHING BUT FEELING. WHEN SOMEONE FEEL GOOD , HE\SHE SAID TO BE HAPPY. IF SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING, & HE\SHE FIND IT. THEN HE\SHE BECOMES HAPPY.
ACTUALLY WE CANT DEFINE HAPPINESS . EVERYONE WILL GIVE DIFFERENT OPINION ABOUT IT. BUT I KNOW ONLY THAT TO FEEL HAPPY SOMEONE HAVE TO EXPERIENCE SADNESS.

BE HAPPY
BYE

sonia

what is happiness?

Post by sonia » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:37 am

HELLO,
HAPPINESS is to get satisfaction with work. u can be happy by doing somthing for others. so, do something for others & be happy.
bye

Guest

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:14 am

Thx a lot for what u posted hereunder.

I've seen the song which used to be very similar to me a year ago. A friendship I had been lost," part of me cries, part of me laughs, part of me wanna question why", I wonder is it true that in the happiness exsisting a pain??
:cry: :cry:




seewhome wrote:Yes,Happiness comes through doors you did not think open.
Yes, Happiness is deeply felt when one takes a look around and thinks life couldn't be better.
Just like a trick in the aiming exercise, don't aim too hard at the bull eye. hey you, Relax, take it easy.

But Life isn't that easy. One cannot just hang around and stick to his favourite cheese, for one day the cheese would simply turn spoilt.
Yes, Life is a sea of trouble, someone has said, and don't you tell me you can survive in it without any struggle; that You are drowning, and you are happy?

Contentment is absolutely needed to enjoy the life. And so is hope, dream, and belief in a better still life.

Don't aim too high or too far. Yet more importantly, don't stop aiming at all.

----------------------------------------------
What makes this world go round,
will the answer let her down?

she is so sweet and young,
and her life has just begun.
What does her future hold,
will the story left unknown?
Will she make it through her day,
Or just let love find the way...


Part of me cries, part of me laughs
Part of me wants to question why...

Why is there joy, why is there pain?
Why is there laughter and tear?
Why is there sunshine and the rain? :wink: :wink: :wink:

daniel6ding

happiness can be found

Post by daniel6ding » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:04 am

i think happiness can be found during our daily life or be found when we do sth we like.what is happiness?I think happiness is a felling -satisfication-maybe sometimes something will be disturb us ,if we discard it ,we will happy still.if we try best to discard unhappiness,then we find happiness:if we do our best to fullfill our dream,we are happy.

Natalie

happiness

Post by Natalie » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:32 pm

I completely disagree with you.I think that you could find happiness only if you search for it.You are never going to find it if you don't look for it,because you are not going to recognize it.Happpiness is in every little thing.the only thing you should do is try to find it.And never fall in despair.

eclub777

Post by eclub777 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:44 am

Happiness is the capacity for enjoyment. The more we can enjoy what we have, he happier we are. It's easy to overlook the pleasure we got from loving and being loved, the company of friends, the freedom to live where we please, even good health.

Maria

what's happiness?

Post by Maria » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:01 am


:) hello,everyone.
i think it's simple to define happiness, and it need your own experience and taste. it varies with different persons. yes, we can think of it as a cup of coffee, mild or black, instant or longlasting. different taste,different definition, so simple.
as for me, i enjoy each peaceful day. i seek something to do all the time. i get the happiness as long as without blank.

bivalvia

about happiness

Post by bivalvia » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:31 am

I am new here, but I am trying to tell something about that topic. Happiness is something which is very difficult to find and to understand it. For somebody, it is widelly linked to money.for others, it is the result of sucess in both professinal life and individual one, but the most of people, forgot the feel of being in good health,

littlegirl

Post by littlegirl » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:04 am

:roll:
From my view point, I think that happiness is all what we have in our daily life. But most of us are trying it find it all the time, is it true?
'Cause evevyone is never satisfied with what we get at present,they do not enjoy the best feeling.
Me, i think happiness can even be just a very simple thing such as a smile of a friend , a candy from my sister, ect...
Do you agree with me????

power of mind

happiness

Post by power of mind » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:45 am

My thinking point is in another way.i think the happpiness is in your heart
it dependent on nature. Mostly people have boast brag and feeling that there is no more who check his personal life my meaning is that type of person never feel happiness because his heart is black and never see right think alwasy negotively thinking.

uygar

dont waste of your time

Post by uygar » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:22 pm

they are all ridicilious you talk about

Rishu Sharma

nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Post by Rishu Sharma » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:44 pm

Hallo
i was really surprised to read what u have asked???
i m not agree with u .
sorry to say,but happy is he,who finds happiness in the happiness of others.
:D like this
ok
[/b]

fashion

happiness

Post by fashion » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:01 am

I am not happy now. I have told myself that why you do not live in a happy way, becase every day is going whether which kind feeling you have. However, I can not do that.
Do you have the same thought with me?

Maryam

Post by Maryam » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:58 am

happiness has many differrent meanings.
for the sick person,he thinks that his happiness is 2 recover.
for the poor person,the happiness means 2 him money.
for some girls,happiness means beauty.
& for some people,it means sex.

for me the way of happiness is 2 believe in God & do his orders, satisfication about what he gave us,not 2 hurt anybody but 2 help them.

I will be happy if my husband happy with me & loves me.
so happieness it can be also innocent love.

if u r life is beautifull too much,ur hereafter will be bad and if it was bad ,ur hereafter will be beautifull.

Thanks 4 the topic.

Maryam

Post by Maryam » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:27 am

have u heard this:
"Life is alike apiano,it depends on how u play it."

Sakura

Post by Sakura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:59 am

It's very easy when you want Happiness. First, if you have a happy family with your parents (and other members). If you are learnt, played and grown. I always be satisfied with my life. I fell be happy when I can live in this world.

Julia Guest

Post by Julia Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:04 am

mdt wrote:just another opinion :)
Sometime, you will feel happy if you don't expect to much from life. Personally, sometime simple things can make me very happy:)

I think that when people do not expect something special from life they can be happy easier than people who find his or her happines

sanhong3

Post by sanhong3 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:30 am

I don't think you can obtain real happiness if you try your best to look for.
I believe that we can do nothing about it.what's more important is that we should keep a good mood

Ayda
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:46 am
Location: United Arab Emirates
Contact:

Post by Ayda » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:16 pm

Hi all,
Actually I strongly agree with what Maryam said that happiness has different meanings. It’s a recover for sick people, it’s passing for students, it’s the wealth for poor people, its love between lovers and any couples and it’s a success for business men/women or any person on the earth.

I believe that happiness is a feeling that we feel inside us, when we achieve our dreams and get our desires. As we get what we want the feeling of satisfactions and happiness come to us at that moment. Sometimes we become happy from just a small and a tiny thing happen to us, it could bring us the happiness even though we haven’t ever thought of it.

However, there are some people who think that they don’t have the happiness, but they got it and they don’t know that or they cant see and feel it. The problem as I think is because those people put in front of them all the problems that they got and totally forgot about the good things that happen to them at the same time. For example if something good happened to them and brings them the happiness they can’t feel it. Because all what they think of is their problems and how can they solve it or get rid of those problems.

To give an example, let’s say that I have economy problems in my life. For instance I got to pay for the car insurance, the electricity bill, the apartment bill, the school fees for kids and for some countries the taxies. Let say one of those problem have solved to me and I don’t have to worry any more about it. In this case I have to be happy, but I wont because all what I care at that moment are the others problems and I could even not feel that I have got rid of one problem. I think if any person will go on with his/her life just like that there is no way that he/ she could feel happy. Just in one case, unless his/her all problems have been solved.

Moreover I believe that to feel happy we have to feel sad as well. Because as I think if you didn’t know what is sadness how came you will know what is happiness. Its all linked together Happiness and Sadness, Sweet and Bitter, Love and hate that is life it have to be like that we have to experience both of thing to know it.

For me happiness has lots of meaning as well. When I pass my exams that means happiness for me, when I got good marks in my projects that’s means happiness for me, when I know that my parents are satisfied with what I do that means a happiness for me, When I help any one and I feel that really I have helped that person its mean a happiness for me and when I can draw a smile on people faces its means a happiness for me. It is something almost I always say it, I don’t really mean to say it but it happens naturally. For example as I know that tomorrow could be a holiday its mean a happiness for me and automatically I will cry out, tomorrow is a holiday I am very happy, and for example when I go for shopping and I buy everything I want I go on and say to my family that I am happy because I bought this and that, and that make me really feel happy.

Finally I wish all the happiness for every one but remember you can make you life either a happy or not.

Regards,
Ayda
A . A

sunflower
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:25 pm
Contact:

Post by sunflower » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:49 am

We can't find happiness if we try to look for it . I quite subscribe to this point of view. A person who always want to search for happiness can hardly feel happy . Sometimes happiness is only from the smallest thing you have : like U have two eyes , two ears, good books to read , food to eat , to the great things you have : your family , your relatives , your friends . People often don't know how to appreciate happiness until they lose it . But I want to tell all of you a thing that : RESPECT EVERYTHING U HAVE . DON'T LET HAPPINESS BE OUT OF YOUR HAND . EVERYTHING U HAVE IN YOUR LIFE IS SO PRECIOUS . Bi bi all of U ! :) [/b]
sunflower

mona
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: kuwait

NO BODY CAN BE HAPPY BY TRYING TO FIND HAPPINESS

Post by mona » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:32 pm

i GUESS that the keys of happiness and the self reconsiliations with one self . If we know over selves very much and understand humans nature with all positiveness and negativness , when we understand that no humans is demon as well as no human is completely eveil . If got that and dealt with each other on this base we will have self happiness .
if we learnt from life and understand that it cannot give us all happiness when we r standing on our positions . if we learnt that what we do in this life, we grow it also in life in long terms .
Above all if we understand that life gives us happiness as well as sadness and that we all have our share from life because there is no complete happiness as well as no complete sadness and sorrow coz thats life ..its mix of all ..and we have to look to it in beautiful hearts to live happy and to have peace in it
Mona

kino
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:50 am
Contact:

Ayda's good opinion

Post by kino » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:55 am

I do agree with this opinion, happiness lies in everything that we have and that we are going to have. The only important thing is to find this happiness in our life, from the bottom of our heart. As we may agreed: happiness may mean 1000 or more kind of things to 1000 persons. So, cherish what we have that we regarded as happiness. May all of us a very happy life.
live to suffer, live to endure

Guest

Re: It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:00 pm

[quote="hiddenone] For myself, I'm finding a lover but it seem not easy because maybe there's no love in the world of gays.[/quote]

This is so wrong. You just can't say everyone is gay or gay people don't love each other. We need to open our arms and accept their differences. If you say, "God created us to become like this or God created man and woman for a reason" If he did, why there is love in gay people? Why do they feel different? Why do they feel there's no attraction for a person of different gender? We can't just bring God to explain whatever we disagree with or we fear of. We're all humans and we're all equal.
Anyways, we can be happy to find happiness and it's possible to find if you do look for it. The point is whom do we find happiness for? If you find happiness for yourself then good for you because you knows what you're aiming for in life. If you find happiness for others, it's also good for you because you're an unselfish person. You'll do nice things when you're trying to seek for happiness because only nice things make people happy. Examples are you'll feel sorry for a loss of a stranger, pity for an orphan who has no home to go to, happy when someone gets well, and so on. You will try to make this world better; a world's full of flowers--a world's like heaven.

coolguy
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:14 am

Post by coolguy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:48 am

i believe that people can not find happiness while they are busily looking for it . Maybe the only way to obtain happiness is to learn to appreciate what you have got.less compaining will help you to feel happy.

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Post by Arale » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:51 pm

I completely agree .Yeah happiness is not out of reach but we need take a look around .Sometime it is near by our side but we cannot see it .Happiness is a struggle and a happy one is one who fight and strive for it !

_Arale_

Waqar
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:13 am
Location: Pakistan
Contact:

Post by Waqar » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:33 am

Happiness is a state of mind. The reason to feel happy varies from time to time. In my opinion, it depends on a person that what sort of happiness, he is looking for and what makes him happy? Some feel happiness to have money and luxurious life. For others, it is good health, love or success. We have the choice to be one of two types of people, one who brings happiness whenever he comes or one who brings happiness whenever he goes….
I feel happy when I draw a smile on someone’s face.


Visit me at: - http://www.meetwaqar.tk
Drop me a line at: - waqarjaved@msn.com[quote][/quote] Life is a song. Which tune are you singing?

    User avatar
    Arale
    Keeper of the Board
    Keeper of the Board
    Posts: 751
    Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
    Status: English Learner
    Location: Vietnam

    Post by Arale » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:57 pm

    Waqar wrote:
    I feel happy when I draw a smile on someone’s face.
    Hello, I like your sentence.That you feel happy when you bring happiness to others is really wonderful !I call it purity happiness.

    _Arale_

    vitofriend
    Member
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:40 pm

    Post by vitofriend » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:22 pm

    We find something when we are ready for that...the happyness it's found for they that are reading for to find something so natural and so inside of everyone...
    I want learn english and to know people. I 'm cuban.

    moonie
    New Member
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:56 am

    endless for hapiness..

    Post by moonie » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:04 am

    well...human's persuit to find happiness... seems to be endless..
    whateaver they posses fineally ..we can't find it forever untill it has passed by us...eventually we found it was our happiness..at that time...

    User avatar
    Arale
    Keeper of the Board
    Keeper of the Board
    Posts: 751
    Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
    Status: English Learner
    Location: Vietnam

    Post by Arale » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:39 am

    I will tell you a story about Happiness.

    Long time ago , evils wanted to take the revenge with human .Then they tried to find the most paintful way .One evil said "Let's hide their happiness because only losing happiness people hurt the most ."All other evils agreed with this way but where could they hide human's happiness ?
    An evil said "Hide it in the sky " ,other said " No ,hide it on deep ocean " ,others added " No ,hide it in deep land " ...
    The oldest evil said " No ,people are very intelligent they will find it though we hide in the sky ,ocean or deep land .I advice that we should hide it in theirselves . That is the only place people never find !"
    All evils agreed with this idea .Then they hide human's happiness in theirselves . That is the reason why people always go to find their happiness though it is only inside therselves !
    My friends , happiness is not far ,not out of reach .It is near our side ,right on ourselves .Don't waste time to find it .
    If you think u are happy , you will be happy !!!

    _Arale_

    yuniu
    Member
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:25 am
    Location: China

    Post by yuniu » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:06 am

    Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

    Obvious the above judgment is wrong. Happiness should be sense with our heart. One object might lead to various effects of human feeling because of subjective perspective.

    Cheryl
    New Member
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:14 am
    Location: VN
    Contact:

    Post by Cheryl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:37 am

    Then what is happiness in your definition, teacher :D ? Have a nice day.
    Cheryl

    lupe
    New Member
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:42 pm

    Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

    Post by lupe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:12 pm

    Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness?

    Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it? Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?
    _________________


    I think you should enjoy each happy moment, because that is the secret for a happy live. If you wait by a great moment for by happy is posible that this moment never arrive. On other hand if you enjoy each little happy moment you don`t have to wait by a great momen, but if the great moment arrive enjoy it and share with someone that you love. :wink:

    User avatar
    Akire_san
    Member
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:56 pm
    Location: Mexico

    Post by Akire_san » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:18 pm

    Well, there's one phrase that I herad in spanish that said: "the humans live of dreams and hopes" so is part of the human happines to go for that dreams and reach them and if you can't reach them you have the good feeling that you at least try to reach them when there are a lot of people that give up without giving their best
    When live gives u limons......make limonade :)

    User avatar
    trantrungav
    Member
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:43 pm
    Location: VN

    Post by trantrungav » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:31 am

    Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it?
    Sometimes people can find happiness if they try to find. I don't think you have happiness without looking for or building it. We have to keep it and protect it evryday.
    My heart like cold water in the fall lake

    Rodrigo Klassen
    Member
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:33 pm
    Location: Brazil

    i think...

    Post by Rodrigo Klassen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:17 am

    i think that nobody can be happy or sad all time. hapiness can be found in the most simple things of our days. the problem is: people are never pleased. it's necessary to see the life in a simple way, allways remember good happenings in it
    there's no space here to write everything i wanted

    Guest

    Re: i think...

    Post by Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:58 am

    Rodrigo Klassen wrote:i think that nobody can be happy or sad all time. hapiness can be found in the most simple things of our days. the problem is: people are never pleased. it's necessary to see the life in a simple way, allways remember good happenings in it
    EXACTLY! ;)

    authorityquery
    Silver Member
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 pm
    Location: Vietnam
    Contact:

    Post by authorityquery » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:08 pm

    Yeah, I agree this qoute
    Do good things, help poorer, satisfy yourself, try your best, make anothers smile.
    You'll get happiness.
    And it's the right of human being, but somone can't find happiness because their desires are endless and they never want to stop, they want to do everything, they want to reach the perfect things. no one is really perfect, that's human. If not you are god, or angel.
    Believe that.
    Thanks.
    MTV i like most wanted

    e.eagle
    New Member
    Posts: 1
    Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:27 am
    Contact:

    do u?

    Post by e.eagle » Sun May 01, 2005 3:27 pm

    i'll not agree with this point of view entirly.
    as we know that life is always full of happiness and unhappiness things, would it be possible if we lost something our lovable somewhere, how could u get the feeling? perhaps the best way at this time is try to find something happiness while let the unhappy alone. :mrgreen:
    would u agree with this point? :lol:

    leen@rasel
    Silver Member
    Posts: 90
    Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

    Post by leen@rasel » Sun May 08, 2005 7:15 am

    ithink that all people can find happiness if they understood life and the that it goes it is not a matter of having money itis amatter of beeing satisfied with your self your life and your GOD idont think that happiness means that you are selfish it is your right and your choice and no one will charge you :roll:

    leen@rasel
    Silver Member
    Posts: 90
    Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

    Post by leen@rasel » Sun May 08, 2005 7:17 am

    ithink that all people can find happiness if they understood life and the way that it goes it is not a matter of having money itis amatter of beeing satisfied with your self your life and your GOD idont think that happiness means that you are selfish it is your right and your choice and no one will charge you :roll:

    User avatar
    someone_cute
    Silver Member
    Posts: 25
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
    Location: Arabian Gulf !!

    Post by someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:42 pm

    Everybody wishes to have the happiness but it is not in our hands .. but it is coming from Our God ( Allah ) .. We can search about the happiness causes but we can't find the happiness ..
    There are somethings bring happiness but not all of the happiness like money but not all times also .. by money we can buy a part of happiness .. and happiness come from the good health and by living with a family that its members can understand and love u .. and it is also not the wholly happiness ,,
    In shortness .. There is no one that has the all happiness as the word means .. because if he has it in his house and between family .. He couldn't has it everywhere in society and work and such as .
    «®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

    H
    Member
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:16 pm

    Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

    Post by H » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:15 am




    I had better say " Happiness is like a butterfly, you run after it, it keeps flying, but if you stand still, it comes and sits on you.

    User avatar
    someone_cute
    Silver Member
    Posts: 25
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
    Location: Arabian Gulf !!

    Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

    Post by someone_cute » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 pm

    H wrote:

    I had better say " Happiness is like a butterfly, you run after it, it keeps flying, but if you stand still, it comes and sits on you.
    A beautiful speech ..
    But I think it's not correct all times ,, sometimes we have to run after the happiness to catch it :wink:
    «®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

    User avatar
    phucauto3
    Gold Member
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
    Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
    Contact:

    Post by phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:59 pm

    ABC wrote:I am agreed to this point.
    Nobody will bring any happiness to you if you don't feel happy with them.
    You always think that it's not worthy of doing. Maybe you have lost many chances and time to get happy things. But when you are trying to look for happiness for yourself, it will be far from you.
    yes,I like your idea, we must do our best in job, love... so that we 'll feel really happy, and noone can help us to get our happy.

    User avatar
    phucauto3
    Gold Member
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
    Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
    Contact:

    Post by phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:11 pm

    yuniu wrote:Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

    Obvious the above judgment is wrong. Happiness should be sense with our heart. One object might lead to various effects of human feeling because of subjective perspective.
    I think this topic is true in some aspect. A person try to find happiness, but I think such a person 'll never know that there's limit to everything and he 'll find more, find forever and it's possible that he never feel happy!!

    User avatar
    phucauto3
    Gold Member
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
    Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
    Contact:

    Re: i think...

    Post by phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:19 pm

    Rodrigo Klassen wrote:i think that nobody can be happy or sad all time. hapiness can be found in the most simple things of our days. the problem is: people are never pleased. it's necessary to see the life in a simple way, allways remember good happenings in it
    the best idea!!

    User avatar
    serenella
    Gold Member
    Posts: 116
    Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:31 pm
    Location: Italy

    Post by serenella » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:28 pm

    'The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have' (Woody Allen)

    anhly
    Member
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:16 am
    Location: Hanoi
    Contact:

    Post by anhly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:26 am

    I think that it is difficult to say black and white.
    every one just live in different situation and it is unfair to force others to fall into one's line.
    I am now learning to be sastisfied with myself because I realise that it brings me happiness when something in this life lets me down and I can t do any thing else but to accept it.
    However you are right. To live is to fight. You cant expect something to come true without any efforts. I now come to get things for myself not to wait for a magic or simply luck. And it makes my life more meaningful and active.
    I think you may end in failure but even failure is a precious experience for future success. If you dont try, you are neither failing nor successful.
    I just dont want to be such a passive one.

    User avatar
    martazzz
    Silver Member
    Posts: 56
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm
    Location: CAGLIARI, sardegna, italia

    Post by martazzz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:07 am

    I think that a person gotta find his happines in God! :D

    User avatar
    TearHere
    Gold Member
    Posts: 251
    Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 am
    Location: Philippines
    Contact:

    Post by TearHere » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:08 am

    i believe in this saying by Albert Camus:

    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

    it comes in between, side by side, both ways or not at all..
    if we never got to notice our happiness.. then..it's all useless..
    if we're too busy looking or searching for happiness, we may never notice that we have it after all.. :wink:

    it's a matter of sitting down, or pausing to see the beauty of things.. :wink:

    i also like this quote:
    If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.by Edith Wharton

    User avatar
    martazzz
    Silver Member
    Posts: 56
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm
    Location: CAGLIARI, sardegna, italia

    Post by martazzz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:32 am

    Yes :) you're right. But in my opinion, we could find our happines in God. :P There's some people who doesn't trust in God but they're happy too. Boh I think I'm happy thanks to God.

    sunnyni
    Member
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

    Post by sunnyni » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 am

    Everyone has his own character, so every one has a difference understand of the happyness. The most regret is many people don't know what is his happyness. So he will pursue his happyness all the time, though happyness is round him, but he can't recognize it .

    User avatar
    martazzz
    Silver Member
    Posts: 56
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm
    Location: CAGLIARI, sardegna, italia

    Post by martazzz » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:07 am

    You're right too..if a person searches his happines he could not see it..so be calm and live your life!!!! :wink:

    Post Reply