Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Post by TalkingPoint »

Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it? Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
dream

My Happiness ....

Post by dream »

Everything begin with us-Selfishness,Love,Happiness !!!

When we understand ourself they understand us.

If i love myself they love me.

My favourite phrase :

Our happiness is in our hands!!
Last edited by dream on Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by member »

I am agree with you. I think if somebody is trying to find hapiness never will find. Be your best friend and try to do good things.
by
Eddy

Hello with all!

Post by Eddy »

hellouu
I'm new here, But i think that you have reason, becuase we need to know us fine and won't be difficult that somebody knows us.
Bye.
ABC

Post by ABC »

I am agreed to this point.
Nobody will bring any happiness to you if you don't feel happy with them.
You always think that it's not worthy of doing. Maybe you have lost many chances and time to get happy things. But when you are trying to look for happiness for yourself, it will be far from you.
seewhome

happiness is struggling

Post by seewhome »

:o My mouth was gaping wide open when I see these words:

" noone can be happy by trying to fnd happiness"

What is, then, happiness? A windfall apple?

Of course, happiness can never be achieved if one takes everything one has for granted; when one can't see the true meaning of his life but keeps on the wild-goose chasing.

Yet Happiness is not there to wait for us. :!: Let me tell you this: one's struggle for happiness may not turn to fruition, but there's happiness ,also, in trying to find it.
La_Luna

Post by La_Luna »

I think you cannot look for hapiness... because it can't be considered as a goal, or something like that... hapiness is more like the way somebody lives, you can be happy every day of your life, since you can understand our life's made of good and bad moments, but, after all, it's so worthy, because each day is a new day, you can achieve your goals, can lost others and find new ones. So, CARPE DIEM...
snake

Post by snake »

life is trouble sea... we can not control it yourself :roll:
mdt

Post by mdt »

just another opinion :)
Sometime, you will feel happy if you don't expect to much from life. Personally, sometime simple things can make me very happy:)
raindrop

Post by raindrop »

Happiness is a choice. You don’t need to search for it, happiness exist in everything you just have to change your view in order to see good points even in bad things.
seewhome

Post by seewhome »

Yes,Happiness comes through doors you did not think open.
Yes, Happiness is deeply felt when one takes a look around and thinks life couldn't be better.
Just like a trick in the aiming exercise, don't aim too hard at the bull eye. hey you, Relax, take it easy.

But Life isn't that easy. One cannot just hang around and stick to his favourite cheese, for one day the cheese would simply turn spoilt.
Yes, Life is a sea of trouble, someone has said, and don't you tell me you can survive in it without any struggle; that You are drowning, and you are happy?

Contentment is absolutely needed to enjoy the life. And so is hope, dream, and belief in a better still life.

Don't aim too high or too far. Yet more importantly, don't stop aiming at all.

----------------------------------------------
What makes this world go round,
will the answer let her down?

she is so sweet and young,
and her life has just begun.
What does her future hold,
will the story left unknown?
Will she make it through her day,
Or just let love find the way...

Part of me cries, part of me laughs
Part of me wants to question why...

Why is there joy, why is there pain?
Why is there laughter and tear?
Why is there sunshine and the rain? :wink: :wink: :wink:
ayeriyi

WHAT IS HAPPINESS?

Post by ayeriyi »

FOR STARTERS WE NEED TO DEFINE THE WORD " HAPPINESS".WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU AS INDIVIDUAL? FOR ME,IT'S ONE OF THOSE AMORPHOUS TERMS LIKE" LOVE ,HATE ,JEALOUSY AND FAITH"ACCCEPTED AND USED BY PEOPLE TO DESCRIBE THAT"FEELGOOD"
STATE OF BEING WHICH WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND BUT WHICH WE SO MUCH CHERISH AND DO ALL WE CAN TO PERPETUATE, FOR AS LONG AS WE CAN.INDIVIDUALITY IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THIS CONDITION, FOR WHAT SENDS A PERSON IN TO NIRVANA DRIVES ANOTHER INTO THE WAITING ARMS OF RAGE. SO , I SAY BON VOYAGE TO EVERYONE ONTHE QUEST SEARCHING FOR THAT TREASURE CALLED "HAPPINESS" [/i]
hiddenone

It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by hiddenone »

:?: You'll se why I put the mark at the beginning of this line. Noone can say finding happiness is easy thing. It depends on what happiness you're looking for and how you satisfy with yourself. According to me, finding happiness is the way on it we have to go ahead and try us best to reach the point we wanna stop. For myself, I'm finding a lover but it seem not easy because maybe there's no love in the world of gays .However , I think I'm very lucky and happy to have found the best normal close friends. Is this the point on my way? I'm not sure but I still beleive that love never ends . There're just my opinions .Hoping someone can share with me this problem.
sinosly

where is happiness ?

Post by sinosly »

[b][b]The problem is if you've never been expecting anything pleasant in your mind in advance or hunting for it,what's happiness to you? To most human beings,happiness is get what he's been expecting
sultana

Trying to find an apparent secret

Post by sultana »

Happiness is inside of us; indeed we don’t have to find it. It’s in your soul. It’s the feeling that can satisfy you with peace, love.. Not with ambition or the feeling when you get whatever you want. People make it difficult to gain in it as searching. It’s not in hidden places or a secret that rarely people can achieve. You can feel it in a moment when you smell a fresh rose or see an affectionate smile from your friend. Not in philosophical terms, in your faith, surrendering yourself to Lord, whatever happens to you it’s from your Lord and you’ll be pleased with it. Happiness can shine to your soul when your heart really becomes your eyes.

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

Post by Guest »

Talking Point wrote:Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

What do YOU think? Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it? Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?

Hello I think sometimes even you tried so hard to get a little happiness you can get it .The world do not care about you at all .So what we can do is look for further not just under you nose.I do hope you can be happy every minut of your life ! :!:

Re: It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by Guest »

hiddenone wrote::?: You'll se why I put the mark at the beginning of this line. Noone can say finding happiness is easy thing. It depends on what happiness you're looking for and how you satisfy with yourself. According to me, finding happiness is the way on it we have to go ahead and try us best to reach the point we wanna stop. For myself, I'm finding a lover but it seem not easy because maybe there's no love in the world of gays .However , I think I'm very lucky and happy to have found the best normal close friends. Is this the point on my way? I'm not sure but I still beleive that love never ends . There're just my opinions .Hoping someone can share with me this problem.

Re: It's difficult to be sure about something

Post by member »

Love is possible in the gay community. Believe it and you will find it. Good luck
hongthanh

life is sucks...

Post by hongthanh »

Hey ! Life is pain and lots of trouble.[/b]

Post by member »

:lol: God is laughing in heaven.
:cry: But since I was born 24 years ago and now exists well, I have to exists on. My preferred philosophy is, Alas... I don't know yet...
eclub777

It's all in your mind

Post by eclub777 »

Everything depends on you nobody can't take from you.. If you are a smiling, happy, responsabable, honest, you got all these things that make you worthly. :lol:

Post by Guest »

All of our feelings are only for a short time.
nobody can says that he or she is sad,happy or angry
for ever so trying to find an endless happiness is impossible
we can only feel it sometimes!!!

[/b]
kittycun

i can't find happiness

Post by kittycun »

Sometimes i wonder that what happiness is.I have a simple life .i haven't to worried about anything but studying.I have many friends but sometimes i still fell so sad.I don't know where can i find happiness because i always try finding happiness.I don't know that"happiness is when u have something to do,domeone to love and bright future to hope"
i think i am so stupid
vicleetue

happiness

Post by vicleetue »

I sometimes ask myself of what happiness is. It comes like a flash really because it comes and go very quickly. Sometimes a small item also can make me happy but sometimes not. But it's not my important matter. It's just what I should do to fight and gain happiness for myself. I wonder If I should do smt to achieve happiness or just wait for some day.Yeah it's my point. Thanks ( for reading).
muttalib

Post by muttalib »

yes, you can get lot of happiness by your honesty, trustworthy by your respectable life and give happiness to them who need it then you can get lot of happines. Sorry for broken english.
muttalib

Re: life is sucks...

Post by muttalib »

Life is a flower if you have feeling of its.
albert

Post by albert »

i thnk it depend on who we want to aproach to this topic
if we will be accept the every facts..about all of world may be we will be successful to fid happiness .in the other word if we could change our selves we will be to do it
muttalib

Post by muttalib »

Yeah, happiness is a gifted of God, we will be always happy if we give to others which we want for himself. If we help the others God will be help us. In other word we can get lot of happiness by sacrifice.
muttalib

Post by muttalib »

what about my message reply?
leeeunchang

hapiness is made by us........

Post by leeeunchang »

i belive that hapiness is made by our willing..
yhe............ we can change our fate. i belive my dream. of course.
you all can make your dream. man.............
i agree that we have to fight to live well.
we should do our best for hapiness.
EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!
muttalib

Re: hapiness is made by us........

Post by muttalib »

I agree with u...
Frogenic

Happiness is to bring happiness to others !

Post by Frogenic »

As for me, I reckon the life live for others is life worthwhile. So if you just try to find out your happiness, you will fail. Let think of others, let make them happy for whatever you could do, when they are happy, it will be a reward for yourself !

Re: Happiness is to bring happiness to others !

Post by Guest »

Frogenic wrote:As for me, I reckon the life live for others is life worthwhile. So if you just try to find out your happiness, you will fail. Let think of others, let make them happy for whatever you could do, when they are happy, it will be a reward for yourself !
i agree with your point of view. there is a roverb in our culture that is 'HELPING OTHERS IS HAPPY' .
burself

happiness is from ur heart.

Post by burself »

happiness is really to find. wot is happiness??? :?:
my family dont have it, bec they look for another thing wot they think it is happiness. so, they r never treasure wot they have got. then, they have lost their happiness.
to me, happiness is when u can be ur self, u realize that the life is so nice, u know that someone always support u, trust u, n love u. n u cant look for them. u cant find ur happiness if u help someone for looking forward their greatful. u will be failure, u wil be down if they dont do that. u cant be happy.
let u live for u n others, u treat them by ur heart, not looking for return... u will get ur happiness. :D
leeeunchang

Re: hapiness is made by us........

Post by leeeunchang »

[quote="muttalib"]I agree with u...[/quote]
to muttalib
i sent you e-mail, but my mail was sent back......
there is some error in a subsystem.
so.....
please... let me know your MSN messenger ID........
bye.......
i hope to see you soon.............
hello

hello

Post by hello »

8)
[/quote]

Code: Select all

[list][url][/url][/list]
trying to understand

happiness

Post by trying to understand »

:shock: THESE WERE THE FEATURES OF MY FACE WHEN I READ ALL THOSE MESSAGES THAT PEOPLE HAVE HAPPENED TO WRITE. WHAT AMAZED ME WAS THE PASSION ALL OF YOU "POURED" ON IT. IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO SEE THIS KIND OF THINGS! AND BY THE WAY, WHAT IS THAT THING OF BEING HAPPY? IS IT A MERE CONCEPT, AN IDEAL THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO GAIN? I USED TO THINK THAT WAY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. HOWEVER, NOW, I BELIEVE WE CAN BE HAPPY, WE CAN FEEL LIKE THIS LIVING EVERYDAY LIFE. THOUGH WE CANNOT EXPECT EVERYTHING WILL BE WONDERFUL. THE POINT IS THAT WE'VE GOT TO "FIGHT" IN LIFE SO THAT WE CAN FREE FROM EVERYTHING THAT DON'T ALLOW US TO BE FREE. I MEAN TO SAY THAT THE MORE FREEDOM YOU ACHIEVE, THE BETTER YOU WILL FEEL , AND ONCE YOU'VE UNDERSTOOD THAT YOU NEED TO FEEL GOOD WITH YOURSELF, YOU WILL HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT IS TO BE HAPPY.
HELENYANG

THE HAPPY IN MY HEART

Post by HELENYANG »

HI ALL THE HERE! HAPPY IS NOT LIVE EVERY'S HAERT. IF SO, THE WORLD WILL BE ANOTHER AND THE MANKIND WILL BE CHANGED .
INFACT, HAPPY LIVES IN EVERYONE'S HEART, IT IS NOT BE PRESSED ON FACES.
pham thi phuong thao

my point of view

Post by pham thi phuong thao »

In my opinion, that concept has something wrong.
in our life if we want to get something, we just need to try our best.In daily life, happiness is not very difficult to reach if we know and understand what we need.For example, you want to have a happy family, you try to make every body happy.at that time you yourself also feel happy.How can we have happiness by sitting one place and do nothing.You can get it.The most important thing is that you know what you want and do as your mind wants, you will have happiness.
do you agree with me?
milly

feel happiness

Post by milly »

:lol:
As matter of fact, you don't need look for happiness. because when you feel happiness, it is full around you. A long time ago, i do not think i am a happy girl. But later i adjust my mind, i have my beloved mother and father, and a elder sister. she give me good suggestion,when i came across difficulties. I am so luky. since then, i feel love from others. I think i am a lucky and happy girl exactly.
ANU

HAPPINESS

Post by ANU »

HAPPINESS IS NOTHING BUT FEELING. WHEN SOMEONE FEEL GOOD , HE\SHE SAID TO BE HAPPY. IF SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING, & HE\SHE FIND IT. THEN HE\SHE BECOMES HAPPY.
ACTUALLY WE CANT DEFINE HAPPINESS . EVERYONE WILL GIVE DIFFERENT OPINION ABOUT IT. BUT I KNOW ONLY THAT TO FEEL HAPPY SOMEONE HAVE TO EXPERIENCE SADNESS.

BE HAPPY
BYE
sonia

what is happiness?

Post by sonia »

HELLO,
HAPPINESS is to get satisfaction with work. u can be happy by doing somthing for others. so, do something for others & be happy.
bye

Post by Guest »

Thx a lot for what u posted hereunder.

I've seen the song which used to be very similar to me a year ago. A friendship I had been lost," part of me cries, part of me laughs, part of me wanna question why", I wonder is it true that in the happiness exsisting a pain??
:cry: :cry:

seewhome wrote:Yes,Happiness comes through doors you did not think open.
Yes, Happiness is deeply felt when one takes a look around and thinks life couldn't be better.
Just like a trick in the aiming exercise, don't aim too hard at the bull eye. hey you, Relax, take it easy.

But Life isn't that easy. One cannot just hang around and stick to his favourite cheese, for one day the cheese would simply turn spoilt.
Yes, Life is a sea of trouble, someone has said, and don't you tell me you can survive in it without any struggle; that You are drowning, and you are happy?

Contentment is absolutely needed to enjoy the life. And so is hope, dream, and belief in a better still life.

Don't aim too high or too far. Yet more importantly, don't stop aiming at all.

----------------------------------------------
What makes this world go round,
will the answer let her down?

she is so sweet and young,
and her life has just begun.
What does her future hold,
will the story left unknown?
Will she make it through her day,
Or just let love find the way...

Part of me cries, part of me laughs
Part of me wants to question why...

Why is there joy, why is there pain?
Why is there laughter and tear?
Why is there sunshine and the rain? :wink: :wink: :wink:
daniel6ding

happiness can be found

Post by daniel6ding »

i think happiness can be found during our daily life or be found when we do sth we like.what is happiness?I think happiness is a felling -satisfication-maybe sometimes something will be disturb us ,if we discard it ,we will happy still.if we try best to discard unhappiness,then we find happiness:if we do our best to fullfill our dream,we are happy.
Natalie

happiness

Post by Natalie »

I completely disagree with you.I think that you could find happiness only if you search for it.You are never going to find it if you don't look for it,because you are not going to recognize it.Happpiness is in every little thing.the only thing you should do is try to find it.And never fall in despair.
eclub777

Post by eclub777 »

Happiness is the capacity for enjoyment. The more we can enjoy what we have, he happier we are. It's easy to overlook the pleasure we got from loving and being loved, the company of friends, the freedom to live where we please, even good health.
Maria

what's happiness?

Post by Maria »

:) hello,everyone.
i think it's simple to define happiness, and it need your own experience and taste. it varies with different persons. yes, we can think of it as a cup of coffee, mild or black, instant or longlasting. different taste,different definition, so simple.
as for me, i enjoy each peaceful day. i seek something to do all the time. i get the happiness as long as without blank.