Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Trantrung

Post by Trantrung »

I think we should try to find the happiness if we want. But the way of looking for happiness is very important.
Franky, when you find it but you can't enjoy because it doesnot belong to you , it it terribe!
I wander'd lonely as a cloud
Mero

Happenies

Post by Mero »

I think that the word "Happenies" is something can't be considered in one or two words. In my openion, if you look around you, and feel satistified of what you have, this bring you the happenies. Even the things around you are little or something normal now. This look will be changed by you, if you miss one of them in a time....
I hope I give a good comment
CityYoung
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by CityYoung »

For me , I can find happiness if I try to find it . In my religion if I apply all rules and pray on the time the happiness comes from the God direct without I search about it
Pearla

Post by Pearla »

happiness is something possible and one can be happy if he felt satisfayed with what he have and accepting and loving himself as it is.
meylenlau

It's an endless process.

Post by meylenlau »

We as humans have never satisfied with what we have had,may be now i want something, haven't got it ,i feel unhappy. i think that i'll be happy if i got it. But after having it ,the happiness may just last for a period of time and vanish.
So , i would conclude that the human's desire that make humans always chasing for happiness.
Humans chase for basic needs, after having that,chase for more luxurious needs,then after having the wealthy life ; ones still would feel unhappy, they'll go for names and fames, the chasing would last until the end of ones lives. The Moslow theory had explained humans' needs thoroughly.
Best regards!

meylenlau
chenggiant

Post by chenggiant »

Whatever you are talking about, i just keep quite.

I donnot want to think too much about life.

Am i right?
Laxuan

Post by Laxuan »

To me, nobody can be happy when they try to find happiness.I have read a very interesting story about this issue.
A group of devils hold an appointment in order to do something to make people miserable and after a few hours they decide to hide human happiness but they don't know where to hide it.A member say 'we should hide it on the peak of Everest mountain' but the others dont approve because people could climb up and get it, another one want to hide it at the deepest place of ocean but it isn't available too as people have many sophisticated tool such as sub-marine so they can find it easily. An elder one suggest putting it in people's heart because they often try to go to very far place to find happiness but they don't know their most precious are around them.
[/quote]
Laxuan

Post by Laxuan »

To me, nobody can be happy when they try to find happiness.I have read a very interesting story about this issue.
A group of devils hold an appointment in order to do something to make people miserable and after a few hours they decide to hide human happiness but they don't know where to hide it.A member say 'we should hide it on the peak of Everest mountain' but the others dont approve because people could climb up and get it, another one want to hide it at the deepest place of ocean but it isn't available too as people have many sophisticated tool such as sub-marine so they can find it easily. An elder one suggest putting it in people's heart because they often try to go to very far place to find happiness but they don't know their most precious are around them
Last edited by Laxuan on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
julka

Post by julka »

I liked the story narrated by Laxuan, and to my mind it really characterizes the real life. And that is the question to this discussion. There's no need to waste time on looking for happiness, it will come itself. And besides, a question arises: where one can look for happiness? That's ridiculous. And what does happiness mean in general? When you have close people by your side, friends, a good job, when you can pass ur free time like u want (going there and there, travelling, and doing what u want), when you're in love, or just have a bf or a gf. For me all these components form happiness, and even my not very good health does not mean that much, cuz I have all above stated "components of happiness" in my life. Happiness is all around us, we only have to realize that is happiness, and not to look for it. that's :). Have a nice day everybody, don't worry, BE HAPPY. Life is too short, so enjoy every moment of it. :P
meylenlau

Post by meylenlau »

chenggiant wrote:Whatever you are talking about, i just keep quite.

I donnot want to think too much about life.

Am i right?
Interesting, well, in a forum you can't just keep quiet. You can't
control your mind from thinking about life ,right? Chasing and fulfilling your need/desire could be happened unconsciously in your life..... in silent!!
Last edited by meylenlau on Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awalee

Post by awalee »

I think we become happy when we want to be happy.

But some times we find some kind of happiness whwen we becom sad ( if we not feel sadness :cry: we can not feel happiness :D )

Are you agree with me ? :roll:
xiangjing

opinon

Post by xiangjing »

i think so!happy life is very natural!
zahish

Re: My Happiness ....

Post by zahish »

ı completely agree with you.happiness is a kind of toll and we must know how to play with it.
hanguyen

Post by hanguyen »

What is happiness? Everybody has his own happiness. With someone, happiness is very simple. Example, with the poor, happiness is to have delicious meals, beautiful clothes and have enough money to pay school fees for their children. But with the rich, happiness is far different. They have much money, so maybe their happiness is power and fluence,... I am not sure. Now, my happiness is to find a good job, earn much money to learn everything I love, such as learn to play piano, learn to draw picture,... Can I find my happiness. I think the answer is yes. What is your happiness? And what will you do to have your happiness?
jakeson

Post by jakeson »

Pardon me if I disagree. We can find happiness. What is the essense of happiness if nobody can find it? That's the logic behind why happiness exists. It depends, however, how one defines happiness. What is happiness for me may not be happiness for others. Remember the relativity of things. But to be happy is not to the detriment of others.
srmlove

Re: happiness is struggling

Post by srmlove »

i liked the lines you wrote.
it's true, if someone walks away in search of getting Happiness s/she won't get it, but if a person let it go....stop thinking and stressing...it's possible to be HAPPY then...
Im impressed with your lines sounds like an inteligent and experiences person there...

Will be glad to see you here srm_*******.com

Ally.
hoanggia

Post by hoanggia »

ONE EXPERT SAID IN HIS SPEECH;
"TRUE HAPPINESS IS WHAT DEPEND ON OURSELVES ,OUR THOUGHT,IT'S THE FEELING COMING FROM INSIDE" DEEP DOWN , EACH OF US KNOW WHAT'S TRUE HAPPINESS TO US.
BE PLEASED WITH THE PRESENCE AND LOOKING FORWARD IS ALSO A KIND OF HAPPINESS.
CityYoung
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by CityYoung »

Of course you can try to find the happiness .first , you should try to find friend who you feel well with them and you can do everything with them without they be sad of you .second , you have to try to find a good wife to feel happiness with her , third you try to find good neighbors to live with them in happiness .

So you should to try for happiness :wink:
ilargia

Post by ilargia »

I think that happiness consists in having a good health and a bad memory. I´m not a happy person but I have a lot of happy moments so I don´t try to find happiness because I´m afraid of feeling frustrated if I don´t get it.
If you want to be happy I recommend you a tabloid whose name is WILL. A person without will is a disaster.
There are three positive feelings: pleasure, gladness and happiness. Don Quijote de la Mancha said that "happiness there isn´t in the inn, only in the middle of the way". It´s a way of life. But to get it you must be in a good balance and have a project of life.
In front of the sea there is a sailing ship. The life. A pessimist person blames the wind, the optimist waits a change and the realist adjusts the sails.
etan

nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness

Post by etan »

Happiness is a way to be...it does not exist if we are pessimistic and a selfish person ! as Jean-Claude VanDamme said : "be aware !!!" that's the real way of life... :lol:
nessma

Post by nessma »

i thinke that happiness not imposiple thing becuse evryone much search for it in this life & not to wait it to come lonelly :)
but i want to ask what dose happiness mean ?
Lac

Happiness ?

Post by Lac »

Looking for happiness means your mind has no happiness. Don't seek it ! The more you seek happiness, the more it evades you. If we have happiness, we dont need to go out for searching it.
Happiness lies nowhere but inside yourself. Yes, when you smile to someone, they would do the same in return. That also means if you close your heart, everythings would be out of your reach.
No one brings you a real happiness unless you bring what you think cheerfulness to them. That's the practical experience in our life.
nessma

Post by nessma »

i thinke happiness not mean the outer expressions as big smiles or laughing but this thing come from inside our self & this give us the feeling of comfortable & safe so how we try to disappear these things it will note through our behavior & eyes glances so we should have strong resolution .
geminibuon

Post by geminibuon »

I don't think trying to find happiness is bad. We thirst for happiness, we try to find it in stead of sit down and wait for it. Finding happiness is just give your love to everyone, then you can receive it, and happiness will come easily. If everyone on the whole world do that the world will be beautiful, and full of happiness.
Lac

Post by Lac »

I don't think trying to find happiness is bad. We thirst for happiness, we try to find it in stead of sit down and wait for it. Finding happiness is just give your love to everyone, then you can receive it, and happiness will come easily. If everyone on the whole world do that the world will be beautiful, and full of happiness.
Absolutely. That means you must have your love first. The love is inside your mind and heart. We dont need to find love anywhere else. With love available within yourself, you would find it easy giving others what they really need : assistance, talk, even a lovely smile.etc..
keeper

Post by keeper »

you feel happy,you are happy.the ture sence.
letsjam
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by letsjam »

There is no key to happiness - the door is always opened.
Lac

Post by Lac »

There is no key to happiness - the door is always opened.
Right!. It's as simple as the spreading horizon. Open one's heart, happiness would go in,otherwise,it would flee away.
crystalfrogw

Post by crystalfrogw »

happyiness is just a kind of feeling ....it depends on the view you hold to life.

If you believe a grim, rainy day beautiful, it is beautiful because you enjoy it..............If you think a sunny spring morning is ugly it is ugly....

Attitute decides everything.
Kathfap

I think,

Post by Kathfap »

The happiness exists in our minds. Each one create your our happiness because is not the same for all. There are people that don’t need much to be happy. I think that the happiness is subjective and changeable. Nowadays you can be happy with something or someone and tomorrow not more. In some times I feel nostalgia about this topic because I wish I could to find the real happiness in myself and the rest. :?:
Valery

Post by Valery »

In fact,Happiness is a journey.U couldn't find it out.but you can feel it.
kpchoo

Post by kpchoo »

What is the point to seek for happiness when sadness is bound to come? Everyone's life is repeating the same thing, cant ppl see that this kind of repeating life is meaningless?

I wonder how long will it take for human being to grow beyond happiness and sadness. Maybe human are just too afraid to step into unknown, hence history keep repeating itself.
Ees

Re: I think,

Post by Ees »

I agree with that the happiness exists in our minds. I believe so too and that is why I believe also that it is possible to be happy at anytime, anywhere or in any situation. Of course it is not easy or often, but I think it is possible. It just needs some work.

I see there is two kind of happiness. The first one is passionate happiness, that is found by outside. If something really good happens then the happiness we feel is passionate happiness. But that is not everlasting happiness. If the good thing that made someone happy is suddenly gone, then the happiness is gone also. In the passionate happiness, if something good happens, we feel enormous happiness, but if something bad happens, we feel enormous sadness. It is like the wind. First it asks something good and after that it loves the world outside.

The second kind of happiness is an attitude, calm happiness. That comes from inside of us, from our mind. That comes if somebody loves that he has, loves the chance to love etc. If somebody feels that kind of happiness, there is no need to something fantastic to happen. In calm happiness we are glad of the good things that happens, but if something bad happens, we do not lose the happiness. It is that what gives the strenght to us to face the bad things and it is our attitude that reminds us that there is always something to be glad of. Then we are happy for the hardship, because we have an opportunity to learn something from that. In calm happiness there is first the love from inside of us and then comes other things.

Passionate happiness: "I love just because I am happy."
Calm happiness: "I am happy just because I love."

Passionate happiness: "I am everything. If you have me, you can see only me and you are in heaven. But if you don't have me, you see only the loss of me and you suffer."
Calm happiness: "You don't have to look at me. You look with me, I am your attitude. You can watch the outside world in peace with me."

If you seek passionate happiness, you maybe want to be always richer, more beautiful or you wannt to have more lovers, fame or honour. Then you ask for things.
If you seek calm happiness, all you need is your love. You don't have to be anything more. Then you can give.

Finding happiness depends wholly on that what you ask to be happy.

This is how I see happiness, but of course this is only one way to see it.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

happiness

Post by Bambang »

Hi Valery.

I'd like to comment your opinion on happiness.
You said that we cant find it. I am not with you on this matter. Happiness is something that we can find. A small example is when we can make somebody happy, we'll usually be happy too. We can be happy by making somebody or others happy. And to do it, we've got to learn the way.

I know that happiness is subjective. But it is real. We can feel it. And to get that feeling, process is needed. Struggle is needed. To make it simpler. I'll give you one example. Here it is:

One day a daughter wanted to make her mom happy in her mom's b'day. Then she wrote a song for her mom. She sang the song beautifully on her mom's b'day. She did her best. Then she kissed her mom and gave a hug and said "Mom, thank you for everything you have done to me. I really appreciate it. I am proud to be your daughter. You are the best mom in this world". She said that sincerely. And she cried while kissing and hugging her mom. Her mom was impressed and cried too. The girl recalled her dad who had passed away. Her mom did it too. Even though they were crying, they were very happy on that day. And of course that happiness didn't come from nowhere. It happened because the daughter had fought to make her mom happy. He thought hard to write an impressing song just for her mom. She fought for that and then she got it.

So, Valery. My point is do not wait the happiness comes to you. instead, pls fight for it. Go for it.
Find it.

Thanks Valery. Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely,
Bambang Susilo
fayehfy

Post by fayehfy »

But the problem is what is your definition for " Happiness"? Someone is easily satisfied but others not.
fayehfy

Post by fayehfy »

But the problem is what is your definition for " Happiness"? Someone is easily satisfied but others not.
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

This is a very difficult question to answer. In my experience, if you intend to find something trying to make you feel happy, you will fail.

Sometime, when your expectation is too positive, such expectation will only barricade your eyes, then you can't turely see what's happening, you will not be able to accept something below your expectation as the result. Then, you will feel unhappy.

So, where is true happiness:?:
awuyhoho

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Post by awuyhoho »

TalkingPoint wrote:Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.
Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it?
Is it an impossible dream? Is it selfishness that will end in failure? Or is it the right of every human being?
Is it possible to find happiness if you look for it?---yes
I'm trying very hard to find it
and I found if I really did find it
it was easily found
e.g: I was very tired back from working very night
my mother waited me till I was back
and a cup of coffee was for me :)
I felt very happy at that time
many times I listen my favorite music I feel happy
after a delicious meal I feel happy
If I finish the work I feel happy
If I pass the exam I feel happy
When I saw the pictures of TVXQ(my favorite pop star) I feel happy
lots of things to make our lives happy

p.s:aren't you happy ?
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Without pain,noone gains happiness.
As usual,a workaholic,getting up at the dawn , working just for $200 a week,neverthless, 1 minute late mistaken by his wristwatch,he was fired unwillingly.A schoolboy,reading more reference book, all day without goout,from morning until night, just for passing exam, but was doomed to failure.Or, a 17-year-old girl, depositing tons and tons of money, however, was cheated by her beloved boyfriend, as a result,all her wish such as accomplishment of her schooling or marriage with her "kind" boyfriend,desperately all gone with the wind.Unforturnetly?the answer maybe not necessarily. because nexttime the workaholic will not be blamed for lacking of punctuality,he has learned to adjust his timing;the schoolgirl also gained to arrange and categorize the materials which is helpful for the test and instead, avoiding roaming enormous time consuming at her study;Finally,the clever little women would say farewell to her ignorance and innocence,this means she has become
mature--a real woman with a cute insight facing the cruel and indifferent world.So,can we see that---- from the pain,you gain the happy?
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

fayehfy wrote:But the problem is what is your definition for " Happiness"? Someone is easily satisfied but others not.
My friend, you don't need to think hard on the definition on "happiness". When we are happy we know what the happiness is. Just find it and feel it !!!

Certainly, happiness is subjective. Something can make somebody happy but not the others. Or even it may make somebody very unhappy.

awuyhoho wrote:lots of things to make our lives happy .
See !!!
You yourself said that we can find happiness. So just go find it, feel it and enjoy it buddy !!!
chet baker wrote:This is a very difficult question to answer. In my experience, if you intend to find something trying to make you feel happy, you will fail. .
Fail !!! Fail !!!!
No way my friend.
If you are really serious in finding the happiness then you'll get it. Believe me my friend. You'll get it. Just follow the example I have posted on May 13 ( two posts) after yours. You'll get it my dear friend.

kathfap wrote:The happiness exists in our minds...

I think that the happiness is subjective and changeable. Nowadays you can be happy with something or someone and tomorrow not more.
We are in line on this my friend. happines really exists. It's also subjective. Again, I agree with you. Happiness is changable ? Again, again, I am with you on this.

But my friend, just because it is changable, doesn't mean it will make us pesimistic to get it. Just go get it with all heart. Are you with me on this my dear friend?

I just wanna say something to all members that life is a cycle. Sometimes we are happy and sometimes sad. That's normal. That's the essence of life. Nobody in this world that is happy all the time. And similarly, nobody in this planet that is sad all the time. All we have to do is to increase the amount of our happiness and at the same time decrease our amount of sadness. :wink: :) :D
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

Find happiness!
The question is: where we could find it?

Happiness is everywhere. We choose when we want to be happy ,everytihng is in our hands, and all is up to us.
live everyday as if it is the last, live it with a smile and be happy because nothing last forever and we live just once.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:roll: :arrow: I think we cannot find it nor does it come to us. We make it! Difficult though. Because we often get disapponted if we try to look for it.
lady

Post by lady »

in my opinion happiness is everywhere if you want to be happy this your hands you will find this searchingly.
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

Happiness sometime couldn't define if we cant run it by ourselves.
Alfabeto

Post by Alfabeto »

You people!! Don't worry about happiness!! There are many more important things to do in life!! Happiness is an idea invented by Aristotle more than 2000 years ago, but really there's no objective measure of happiness. Anyway the worst kind of happiness is private, individual happiness, like having a luxurious home and expensive car. Only little people worry about that.
ahmedxzxz

Post by ahmedxzxz »

hello to all memebers of englishclub.
in fact,happiness is not an easy subject for anyone to get it..but i think that happiness consists of many factors according to each one's life and circumstances.So,if you want to find happiness ,do good things .this may make you happy and be sure that if you follow your creator believes and religious behaviour you will be happy,too.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Maybe (s)he can be happy by trying to fing happiness,we don`t know .But I know only a think happiness goes and come.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
FireLotus

Post by FireLotus »

I always thought that we are not happy unless we see our happiness. For me,living is happiness,having friends,family,healthy body,etc. is happiness too. Maybe trying to find our happiness can bring it to us,too,BUT that depends on what we are looking for and HOW we do it. That is all.
Sometimes happiness is easier to reach than to imagine,because we are happy,but we don't know,how.
~While there's life,there's hope~
bruna

Post by bruna »

:-P :-P just people who feel sad and unhappy try to look for happines the others never understand those who make the effort to find it out. :-P :-P
lovsmalgir

Post by lovsmalgir »

yes, nobody can be happy by only trying to find happiness without doing. if we think that we want to make our lives happy, it is a good step. then we must do some other steps. for example, we try to earn moneys by works, for more friends, act with people arround us politely, make some charity... then we will feel happy. Having a good idea, then make it true.
I am a new member here.. please feel free to contact with me.
I'm very happy to have more friends..