since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

e.eagle

do u?

Postby e.eagle » Sun May 01, 2005 3:27 pm

i'll not agree with this point of view entirly.
as we know that life is always full of happiness and unhappiness things, would it be possible if we lost something our lovable somewhere, how could u get the feeling? perhaps the best way at this time is try to find something happiness while let the unhappy alone. :mrgreen:
would u agree with this point? :lol:

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun May 08, 2005 7:15 am

ithink that all people can find happiness if they understood life and the that it goes it is not a matter of having money itis amatter of beeing satisfied with your self your life and your GOD idont think that happiness means that you are selfish it is your right and your choice and no one will charge you :roll:

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun May 08, 2005 7:17 am

ithink that all people can find happiness if they understood life and the way that it goes it is not a matter of having money itis amatter of beeing satisfied with your self your life and your GOD idont think that happiness means that you are selfish it is your right and your choice and no one will charge you :roll:

someone_cute
Silver Member

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:42 pm

Everybody wishes to have the happiness but it is not in our hands .. but it is coming from Our God ( Allah ) .. We can search about the happiness causes but we can't find the happiness ..
There are somethings bring happiness but not all of the happiness like money but not all times also .. by money we can buy a part of happiness .. and happiness come from the good health and by living with a family that its members can understand and love u .. and it is also not the wholly happiness ,,
In shortness .. There is no one that has the all happiness as the word means .. because if he has it in his house and between family .. He couldn't has it everywhere in society and work and such as .
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

H

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Postby H » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:15 am

I had better say " Happiness is like a butterfly, you run after it, it keeps flying, but if you stand still, it comes and sits on you.

someone_cute
Silver Member

Re: Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Postby someone_cute » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 pm

H wrote:

I had better say " Happiness is like a butterfly, you run after it, it keeps flying, but if you stand still, it comes and sits on you.

A beautiful speech ..
But I think it's not correct all times ,, sometimes we have to run after the happiness to catch it :wink:
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:59 pm

ABC wrote:I am agreed to this point.
Nobody will bring any happiness to you if you don't feel happy with them.
You always think that it's not worthy of doing. Maybe you have lost many chances and time to get happy things. But when you are trying to look for happiness for yourself, it will be far from you.

yes,I like your idea, we must do our best in job, love... so that we 'll feel really happy, and noone can help us to get our happy.

phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:11 pm

yuniu wrote:Nobody can be happy by trying to find happiness.

Obvious the above judgment is wrong. Happiness should be sense with our heart. One object might lead to various effects of human feeling because of subjective perspective.

I think this topic is true in some aspect. A person try to find happiness, but I think such a person 'll never know that there's limit to everything and he 'll find more, find forever and it's possible that he never feel happy!!

phucauto3
Gold Member

Re: i think...

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:19 pm

Rodrigo Klassen wrote:i think that nobody can be happy or sad all time. hapiness can be found in the most simple things of our days. the problem is: people are never pleased. it's necessary to see the life in a simple way, allways remember good happenings in it

the best idea!!

serenella
Gold Member

Postby serenella » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:28 pm

'The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have' (Woody Allen)

anhly

Postby anhly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:26 am

I think that it is difficult to say black and white.
every one just live in different situation and it is unfair to force others to fall into one's line.
I am now learning to be sastisfied with myself because I realise that it brings me happiness when something in this life lets me down and I can t do any thing else but to accept it.
However you are right. To live is to fight. You cant expect something to come true without any efforts. I now come to get things for myself not to wait for a magic or simply luck. And it makes my life more meaningful and active.
I think you may end in failure but even failure is a precious experience for future success. If you dont try, you are neither failing nor successful.
I just dont want to be such a passive one.

martazzz
Silver Member

Postby martazzz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:07 am

I think that a person gotta find his happines in God! :D

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:08 am

i believe in this saying by Albert Camus:

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

it comes in between, side by side, both ways or not at all..
if we never got to notice our happiness.. then..it's all useless..
if we're too busy looking or searching for happiness, we may never notice that we have it after all.. :wink:

it's a matter of sitting down, or pausing to see the beauty of things.. :wink:

i also like this quote:
If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.by Edith Wharton

martazzz
Silver Member

Postby martazzz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:32 am

Yes :) you're right. But in my opinion, we could find our happines in God. :P There's some people who doesn't trust in God but they're happy too. Boh I think I'm happy thanks to God.

sunnyni

Postby sunnyni » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 am

Everyone has his own character, so every one has a difference understand of the happyness. The most regret is many people don't know what is his happyness. So he will pursue his happyness all the time, though happyness is round him, but he can't recognize it .

martazzz
Silver Member

Postby martazzz » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:07 am

You're right too..if a person searches his happines he could not see it..so be calm and live your life!!!! :wink:

Trantrung
Silver Member

Postby Trantrung » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:10 am

I think we should try to find the happiness if we want. But the way of looking for happiness is very important.
Franky, when you find it but you can't enjoy because it doesnot belong to you , it it terribe!
I wander'd lonely as a cloud

Mero

Happenies

Postby Mero » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:19 am

I think that the word "Happenies" is something can't be considered in one or two words. In my openion, if you look around you, and feel satistified of what you have, this bring you the happenies. Even the things around you are little or something normal now. This look will be changed by you, if you miss one of them in a time....
I hope I give a good comment

CityYoung
Gold Member

Postby CityYoung » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 pm

For me , I can find happiness if I try to find it . In my religion if I apply all rules and pray on the time the happiness comes from the God direct without I search about it

Pearla

Postby Pearla » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:05 pm

happiness is something possible and one can be happy if he felt satisfayed with what he have and accepting and loving himself as it is.

meylenlau

It's an endless process.

Postby meylenlau » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 am

We as humans have never satisfied with what we have had,may be now i want something, haven't got it ,i feel unhappy. i think that i'll be happy if i got it. But after having it ,the happiness may just last for a period of time and vanish.
So , i would conclude that the human's desire that make humans always chasing for happiness.
Humans chase for basic needs, after having that,chase for more luxurious needs,then after having the wealthy life ; ones still would feel unhappy, they'll go for names and fames, the chasing would last until the end of ones lives. The Moslow theory had explained humans' needs thoroughly.
Best regards!

meylenlau

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”