Political Correctness has gone too far.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

jameshardy

Re: Political Correctness has gone too far.

Post by jameshardy »

I believe political correctness has gone too far. I think it all comes down to how comfortable you are with yourself; if you are comfortable with who you are then jokes about your race, color or gender won't offend you.

I therefore think the focus of education should be more on becoming comfortable with yourself and less on political correctness!

Post by kuchnaii »

let's assume any custom/belief can be had, as long as it does not violate the rights or customs of another person. peachy right? political correctness circumvents this by expecting change on one or both parties.

party (A) changing custom so as not to offend party (B) is, like it or not, indirect oppression from party (B).

for happiness on both sides, the only required variable is "respect". and respect dictates that nothing must change. this is not however the be all and end all, respect does already protect the groups who were supposed to benefit and be protected with political correctness. originally it came about for women's rights, anti-racism and other noble causes.
Our excellent online Testking microsoft book training programs will lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee.
mananee

Post by mananee »

good