Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

bluestone

Post by bluestone »

This world changed so fast in the last ten years.It's a crazy decade in the elder eyes.Now Chidren receive more information from Tv,internet,cartoon,movies,etc which we even won't imagine in our childhood.I don't hope child grow up in such a circumstance full around violence,sexy.We should give children a clean,healthy life style.
fallen

Post by fallen »

becuz they r well fed n educated...i dunno im not sure
mona

do u think Children are grown so quickly?

Post by mona »

According to my won point of view i think that kids now a day with the whole revolutionary inventions and with the wide use of internet and digital world wide satelites i guess its hard now a days to find pure and inoocent kids as the old days .. every thing in this whole whorld makes them grow so fast ..and its some what unfaire for them coz here comes the parents role which so much pressure now is been held on them in keeping thier kids a way of some dangerous curves
Mona
adriana_a

Oh yes!

Post by adriana_a »

Oh yes, definately! I look at myself and nowadays teenagers...we look almost the same; well it's even worse...'coz they look more mature than me..hehe...I think they've lost that essential part of their life, childhood 'coz of TV, computers, Internet etc. They don't know how is to be a child...those innocent games...
Hello everybody! Who is interested in someone interesting...?!?
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

The living standard is significantly improved each day so that children grow up so quickly is so normal.They are also more clever than us.

_Arale_
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

I do think that nowadays children are growing up too quickly to certain extent. What I mean is their phsycology .
I think it is because the world is growing too fast, children can have more opportunities to recive and contact with many modern achivements , such as via the mass media, TV programmes, internet, newspaper, etc..
All these mass media provide a lot of new information to them which I think is good to them. However, not all the informations are positive, so I hope their parents can help them to define what is good and what is bad but not just let them to get
all the information which are provided to them.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I do think that nowadays children are growing up too quickly to certain extent. What I mean is their phsycology .
Gloria, you are right.Chirdren grow up quickly in both physical and spiritual aspects.They are taller than us, bigger than us and may be clever than us(I am not sure, however :roll: ).In my country,they also love at a much younger age than our generation as well. :wink:

_Arale_
skhaiblu

Look at our society

Post by skhaiblu »

Look at our society. There are wars, terrorist and so on. It surely affects how our children grow. In fact, there's always a changing of era. So, the way society define things is different now. Children nowadays grows up quickier compared with decades ago, whether it's mentality and physiological.
ndt7981

Nowadays, children have more chance to do a lot of things

Post by ndt7981 »

Ten years ago and back then, each family had five or six children, even more. But nowadays, each family only has one or two children, so they have a good education and have more chance to do a lot of things
luckygirl9

Re: childern grow quickly

Post by luckygirl9 »

sandeep wrote: This is precisely because of the unbelievable kind of knowledge exposure which they are getting now a days .This knowledge exposure is mainly in the form of media exposure.
I absolutely agree with this opinion which point out the principle reason why children grow so quickly nowadays,they are under stress!Well,maybe not in every country has such situations,I can just say in China,the compete on studies has even expanded to kindergarten children!Parents make them attend various kinds of lessons at weekends,such as drawing,paino,English,Maths contest trainings and many,so we can hear children complaining about their black weekends or holidays,for they even don't have enough time of their own.They can't do the things they are dying to do,just holding out with friends,listening to music,matching up the pictures...Too many lessons will shorten their freedom and then go straight to cut down their creative power as well as spontaneity.
However,standing at the side of our parents,we may learn about how axious they are!In order to portray their child in their imagnative modal,they can spent most or all of the money on that.They may don't care about what his child drawed from something from the lessons or trainings,they will insist their behaviors.
In this society,we know the eliminate rate is becoming higher and higher which pushes us to catch up with the main tide,to learn more knowledge you need even if you are busy working.As parents have already realized the importance of it,they will surely transform this thought to a very young child.
Looking at this,the government started to spring up some policies to make up something for the poor children,wanna reaturn an amazing childhood to them and allow them put down their stress,but who knows how good will be the effects?

Post by Guest »

Not much opinion about this. Just wanted to say that I've found it really cute whenever I see my little nephews are on the computer. The eight-year-old boy has his own yahoo account. :lol: The five-year-old one gets on the computer to play games, same thing for his younger brother.
yuniu

Post by yuniu »

Because of the world globlization and computerization, children’s horizon are broaden widely. They can easily touch the latest renovations which make them refreshed all the time. Physically they are smarter. However they are programmed like a robot.
jasminefu623

Post by jasminefu623 »

I think childern nowadays are growing up too fast.
Many of the children now will do illegal think when they are just at the age below 10, such as have sex with others, and may make themselves have baby, as I know, the youngest one have a baby is 12!Also, look at the stars of the "Harry Potter" films, they are just 14-16, but they juat look like 20 something.
So. as a result, I think the children nowadays are growing up too fast.
Rodrigo Klassen

really

Post by Rodrigo Klassen »

yeah, i agree with this statement.
nowadays, children do many things that i didn't use to do when i was their age. i think it's bad, because they are loosing their chilhood and it'll never come back. many of them will be problematic adults.
there's no space here to write everything i wanted
crazyoddygal

Post by crazyoddygal »

i'm really sorry to hear about the 12-year-old mother :( is it your fault, adults? in Vietnam, we have the same phenomenon like luckygirl9 has said. the children have to learn to take an examination in order to get into the 1st form. what should they learn? they're supposed to learn from the ABC when they attend the 1st class! i can't understand why their parents urge them to study that much seriously. they are children, and they need their childhood. i remember when i was a child, i didn't know what the internet is, or how to use a computer. still i could live very well, with the love of my parents and brother. but look at what's out there. the primary children live almost their time at school, the secondary children spend their time hanging out with friends, they don't meet their parents for whole the day. it's not good, obviously not good.
in the future, when i have children, i won't let them do that way. my children may not be excellent ones, but those ones who have emotions!
ashes to ashes
dust to dust ...
authorityquery
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by authorityquery »

I don't think it's a good think, because if children grow too fast, many things will change.Growing fast of children is warning people. I can believe that a 10 year-olds boy have true love and maybe have sex with his girlfriend???Terrible.
But inthe other hand I think it good because when children grow up fast they can study everything faster. And they can become a leader though still young. It's good.
In general, everything has two sides(disadvantage and advantage).
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
Kathfap

My opinion,

Post by Kathfap »

I guess the children are easily involved for adult behaviours. Their parents are the first persons that make possible these changes. The children are like a sponge absorb all. The society are changed quickly, consequently all its members must make the same. I think that many children can't resist the demands of new world. :?
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

First of all, we've got to divide it into two categories, physically and mentally.

In my opinion, there is no significant difference between past generations and today's generation in the physical growth.

However, it's really significant the difference of the two in the mental growth. To me, it could be positive or negative. It depends!

If they know too much on something that they shouldn't know, then it's not good. If they do something that they musn't do, then it's even worse. Can you imagine a 11 year old girl has sex with her playmate. What if she gets pregnant. How hard it is for her to be a young mother at that age. She is supposed to be a cute nice girl. This's absolutely negative.

However, it would be a positive thing if they know a lot about technology, such as computer, internet, or the like. The most important thing is how to guide them to the right direction.
authorityquery wrote:...when children grow up fast they can study everything faster. And they can become a leader though still young. It's good.
My friend, there is no correlation between fast growing and potency to be a leader.
:!: :!: :!: [/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote]
lady

Post by lady »

yes of course i believe that because everything change in life they are learning everything on internet they are eat horman nutrients e.t.c
Stanley

Re: Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Post by Stanley »

Yes they certainly do. Childhood is a valuable time in a person's life and should be retained for as long as possible. Even at 18 or still living under their parents roof they should be regularly reminded they are a child and must accept all their parents rules and regulations, and of course discipline. They need to be protected from the nasty things in this world and not be exposed to any of it, not even on TV.
The World of Pop and their noise machines (note I don't say music) is probably the most guilty.
Being made aware makes them more curious.
Keep them young.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Yeah ,children are growing up so fast nowdays.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
babyfacehao

Post by babyfacehao »

supersju

Post by supersju »

Most children jump out of bed at about 7o' clock every morning. After getting up, most children go into the bathroom. I go into the bathroom and take a shower. In short, I'm not at all like most children. I don't like to go to bed at night. But I don't mind getting up in the morning. I usually wake up before my mother calls me. I get dressed, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and put on my clothes. In conclusion, it’s that way every day with most children. Perhaps some day they will learn to get up on time, but I really don’t think so.
halfknot

Post by halfknot »

We grow up faster mainly because of the internet. We interact with more older people than in the real life on forums and on chats.We hear more opinions about more subjects and more forms of exprimation. But I don't think is a fast grow-up for these days, it's just normal
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.
irenapol

Post by irenapol »

Yes, they really do. Especially your own children;) But in general, not only are children taller, but they know so much more than we used to know being children. It's due to the development of technology and the world in general. There are educational programes for children on TV, there are great books, computer games to help children develop. However, growing and developing too fast is not always good for children's emotional well-being.
jamsmith

Post by jamsmith »

It is very true that children are now growing up very quickly in term of physical and mental abilities but the reason behind is that they are getting much resources than that of children in old days .Modern Parents are very careful about what their children are doing ,what they think and most important what they wish,They (parents)try their level best to avail all the possible resources for their children and also try to understand them psychologically
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

I am sure that people think that childreen grow up too quickly nowadays. It is not a good thing, because children are not enought mature. More over seem to be older poeple than they are actually. I want to add that thier childhood is shorter, so they do not develop properly. Children need time , when they play games, computer games and they have no less problems. They should watch TV and read books and meet with their friens. It is really important for their menthal development. Kids need time when they are not nervous.
nicbase

Did most people agree or dissagree that children grow up too quickly mowadays

Post by nicbase »

{-: I think that children grow up too quickly nowadays, because value thier childhood. Some of them quickly bagin to dress up like adulds , smoking and drinking alkohol. They do not appreciate this time, when they can more sleep, play games, play computer games, have toys and no problems. They can have fun with their friends and they need it to develop properly. Istead of pleasant times, they would rather look like adulds. Growing up is too quickly. They lost a lot of pleasant, and they might be regret it in the future. In my opinion most people do not agree with these opinion, because they afford their children to destroy their childchood. It is not a good information, but i will try affect some poeple opinion. {-:
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

Yes, I think that chldren grow up too quickly nowadays.
In my opinion o lot of children have too many responsibilities at home and at school.
It makes children more responsible and mature.
On the one hand it's good but on the other hand children can't have fun and they are limited.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

Unfortunately yes. Formerly children played on the outdoor and the worst punishment was ban for playing outside. Nowadays I look out the window and I can't see any children though I know that my neighbors have descendants. It isn't mystery that the majority of their time they spend on computer or TV. In consequence they have greater access to inadequate information to their age. It is really dangerous phenomenon.
Nowadays children from primary school wear make-up, what was unthinkable in my days. They consider themselves adult but they can't deal with easy issues. Children think that all problems can be solved by uncle Google. When I look at modern technology, I can't imagine what future will bring.
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

Yes, I think children grow up too quickly nowadays. Their childhood is different than childhood 10 years ago. Then children go outside and play with their friends, nowadays children want to be adult. They spend time like an adult person. They stay at home and play computer games. Children don't even do homeworks alone, they check every problem in Google. Children lost their childhood, and they might regret that when they become an adult, so it's not good for them.
Lucywa

Post by Lucywa »

Yes, I think it's true because in these times children spend a lot of time at home in front of a computer . They prefer play on playstation than go out to the backyard. Development of technology and faster flow of information make that children want to be adults. Their childhood disappears. They begin to drink alcohol and smoke. Children behave differently than they should. In my opinion that things make that children don't have fun and they don't spend time with peers. In the future they will not have good memories and they will regret the end of childhood which was unused properly.
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

Like people before me, I have got the same opinion. Nowadays, a lot of children want to be adoult. I think it depends on many factors. For example, in TV there are a lot of too stupefying advertisments and every child watches TV instead of go outside with friends. Secondly, parents dress up children older than they are, they give them consents for too much things. It results in that they start -conhabitation earlier than they should, -drnik alcohol, -make-up, -play games on the console a whole afternoon and night.
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

In my opinion children don't grow up too quickly nowadays. But the problem is that children think they are adult, when they don't. The main group of children, who ended elementary school and have 12-13 years old, think that they are adult. Children start smoking and drinking alcohol since they are 12-13 years old. It's awful. In addiction to that, so many shop assistants sell alcohol and cigaretes to young people. That's illegal, but "money is money".
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I think that children don't grow up too quickly nowadays. They want think that they are adult and they want be adult but they can not. Most of the children want to be adult, because thet thinkt that adult's life is easier and better than them. They don't ralised how difficult to be a grown man. I sure that they thinkt that adults life is like them but with benefits. They have no idea how they are wrong. They sholud play and have fun with other kids!!
kasgol

Post by kasgol »

I think children want to grow up too quickly nowadays and be adult when they have for example 13 years old. The don't have the same childhood like me or poeople older from me. When I was a child I used to go outside with my friends and play paperchase and play soccer and basketball at near playground. Nowadays they spend all they playing computer games and when parents want to they do sth like clean up their room they ignore this but if they want to go somewhere they think they are adult and can arrive at a decision alone.
On the other hand some of children must grow up faster than other because for example they have younger brother or sister and their parents drink alcohol, smoke and they don't care of them. They must to paddle one's own canoe and care for their siblings. So they must be like adult.
dębskidzik

Post by dębskidzik »

In my opinion, kids life today is sadder and sadder but the biggest problem is that they even dont know about it. 20 years ago it could be funny but now every kid stay in home and play pc games. In addition to that when some kid play on the play-ground, it might be weird for other kids. What does it mean? The world is still developing as fast as kids so we shouldn't be suprised when they are a little bit different than we.
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

In my opinion they don't, children growing up of course depends from times they are live, in the past 13 year old girls got married and ware householder, nowadays i think that children have more time and possibility to decide about themselves.
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I suppose, that nowadays children think, that they grow up very quickly, but in practise is conversely. Children do things for adults and in this way they think, that they are also adults. But this behavior is irresponsible and stupid. Adult should be responsible. Children only play in adult. They should enjoy teenage life, because it ends very quickly and then stay only adult life.
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

Children dont grow up too quickly nowadays. The only obligation of children becomes education. Besides, they don't need to do anything else. In many homes the children don't have domestic duties. They are very immature. They dont need to take care of anything or anybody. Wherefore they dont want to grow up. Adults suffering from Peter Pan syndrome. Kids just want to enjoy the privileges of adulthood. (smoking, drinking and sex) But it isn't growing. It's something weird. This is a new disease of modern society.
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

Definitely children grow up too quickly nowadays. The world developed incredibly in last decade what had a significant impact on children childhood. In past the war was the main reason of the end of childhood now technology, new opportunities, Internet and etc. It is cruel because during Second World Was innocent kids didn't want this, now they want it. Social system has changed. Early starting of education in school, access to many things contributed to the fact that children want to be adults faster than normally it should be. How many young teen girls we see on the street in makeup and provocative clothes ? TOO MUCH. How many young teen boys start to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes ? TOO MUCH. This is the result of changes in the world, values and promotion of bad trends where being an adult is cool. It's a huge problem which solve can only parents by themselves.
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

I agree. I think that my generation (I was born in 1997) didn't grow up as fastly as children who was born in XXI century. There is a lot of examples which centairly confirm my opinion. Children start education at the age of six. Definitely it's abridgement of childhood. They have to end with playing or having fun behalf doing homework. Attending to school is a very big duty and step to adulthood and in my opinion for six-year-old child it's too fast. In addition children have their own mobile phones or computers, sometimes for example vehicles like quad. It's nothing wrong in comparatively with that nowadays are organised the beauty pageant for children. Guardians put their face on, dress them in beautiful garments, tell them to act seriously. Everything looks great, they look like adults, they have to behave like adults, content, present, win. Nobody thinks about their feelings. Nobody reflects what they want actually. Perhabs they feel lonely, adrift. It isn't okay. They are only children and they have a lot of time to attend at this competition (if they will want) to explore the world . I think that it's their parents ,who want come true dreams from their childhood, fault that they grow up too quickly. APPEAL TO YOU! DON'T DO THIS YOUR CHILDREN. :nok:
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

When talking about growing up, I must say that children don't grow up too quickly nowadays. It is necessary to remember, that about seventy years ago during the World War II, many children were fighting for their homeland. They were mature,responsible and brave. Moreover, for example in the Middle Ages, kids quickly assumed family and young girls in my age were mothers. Now it seems impossible.
The fact is that nowadays a lot of children don't care about their future. They often don't help their parents, but they still play on the computer, meet with their friends and just enjoy their life. I don't think that it is something very bad, but then many adults can't live in other,mature world. I read about it. It even got its own name so-called "Peter Pan syndrome".
I claim that slow growing up is a problem of the modern world and kids should be more prepared for adult life.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

Definitely! It's really bad think, 'cause I think childhood is the best time in our lives. I mean, I want to be child 4ever haha, and even now, when I'm 16 (tomorrow 17 {-: ) years old girl, I prefer when people call me child than when they me as a adult person.
But why children grow up too quickly? I think our Parents have the biggest influence of who we are and as who we feel. My Parents provided me the best childhood and I'm very grateful to Them. Why? Cause I was never a child who want new telephone, new game or sth like that. For me the most valuable thing was spending time with my Family, Friends.
But now people get changed and I can't understand it. Now for 90% of people priority is having money. They don't understand that money don't replace love, friendship, it's just stupid paper. In retrospect I see how important is to using time with our Family, Friends, cause one day it will be just memory, nothin' else.
When I see "today's children" they are only thinking about new thing to buy, they only want to have something better than someone. I think they will regret it oneday, but unfortunately- there is no coming back.

So- DON'T GROW UP, IT'S A TRAP! ;)
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

I think that children grow up too fast. We live in a time where everyone is busy, no time for anything. Days go by very quickly. Children generally want to grow up, but once they become adults they wish to return to those times which passed too quickly. Being a kid is cool. There aren't so many problems. People grow up too quickly and do not have time to enjoy being a child.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

Yeah, definitely. :)
When I was little I wanted to grow up as soon as possible, to see how it is to adult. I wanted to be able to come and go back late, to go somewhere by myself and be more independent. Now I'm 17, I would like to go back to childhood and live carefree. I wish I could go to playground, not to worry about exams... I can't believe how fast I've grew up.
But there are also those who don't want to grow up. Deny his age. Even when they are 20, they behave like children. Quite like 'Peter Pan'.
The environment in which we live affects, how quickly we grow up, whether we belong to those who want to grow up as soon as possible or to those who want to be children forever. Everything has changed, and children grow up quickly to be prepared for their future life. Parents are responsible for children and they must teach kids how to deal with the problems, which day by day are becoming more.
manuyerra

Post by manuyerra »

Now a days, children adopting technology much faster because they are growing up with cell phones, tv, computers. Teaching in the schools got changed drastically from our generation to current generation.
hellofriend

Post by hellofriend »

I agree with the statement that children are growing too fast nowadays. Contemporaily, parents force their children to learn a lot of stuffs like learing an music instruments or perticipating any talent show or learning how to manage their money wisely. All of those things provide a good chance for them to communicate more, but in the meantime it also helps them grow too fast. In the same way that children could use their electronic devices to get any imforation so easily which will help them gain tons of imformations everyday. All of those things contributes to the fast-pace children growth
winsto

Post by winsto »

By the time I’m 20 I’ll have divulged into several times the information than either of my parents did. My world perspective will be more developed, and more in depth than either of them had based souly on traditional education And books.
ouahidaguer

Post by ouahidaguer »

yes,ithink they are,either physically or in their way of thinking and how they look to things ,despite they sometimes behave in an immature way especially in what concerns them ,just my opinion